last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vee
    Sorry, my internet connection died on me then I decided to go get chocolate cake.
    Ahh.

Mmm... cake.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
      Ahh.

Mmm... cake.
      Mm hm. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
        Mm hm. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Yummy.
        Indeed. And look how much I'm using AIM instead of the forum now.

And the truth comes out. I'm boring!

*wanders off to find something interesting to talk about*
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

so bored

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
            so bored
            Do a report on the etomology of the phrase "Head over heels." I wanna know why it's supposed to be an abnormal state.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Do a report on the etomology of the phrase "Head over heels." I wanna know why it's supposed to be an abnormal state.
              I've never understood that expression.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                I've never understood that expression.
                It really makes no sense. My head is always located above my heels. If it wasn't, the blood would rush to my brain.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

It really makes no sense. My head is always located above my heels. If it wasn't, the blood would rush to my brain.
                  I guess it isn't meant to be logical since it's associated with being in love, which isn't logical. It just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                    The credit goes to Marion Barry. I don't find it as amusing as I used to. I've been using it as a sig on forums for many years now. Either that or the Ronald Regan quote.
                    Regan quote?
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Ah, the joys of the internet - someone else with way too much time on their hands can always be counted on for an answer

Meaning - Excited, and/or turning cartwheels to demonstrate one's excitement.

Origin - Many people would recognise that meaning. What most wouldn't do is take time to consider that it makes no literal sense - after all head over heels is the normal posture. A version of the phrase originated in the 14th century as 'heels over head', which is really what we mean when we use it. The phrase evolved into head over heels much later as it was used in everyday speech without a great deal of thought.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                        I guess it isn't meant to be logical since it's associated with being in love, which isn't logical. It just is what it is.
                        Wow, deep.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Wow, deep.
                          Oh, shut up. I'm not a poet.

Reagan quote: "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                            Oh, shut up. I'm not a poet.

Reagan quote: "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."
                            Nice!
                            sigpic

Comment

Current Xanga tagline:

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! - Albert Einstein
                              Gotta love that Einstein.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Gotta love that Einstein.
                                He was a smart guy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X