No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not as bad as most of the people on that site, so I guess that's a relief. Somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
      I'm not as bad as most of the people on that site, so I guess that's a relief. Somewhat.
      I don't mind people that aren't familiar with even mildly technical stuff. You can't expect everyone to care about the inner workings. However, there are certain things in which common sense should come in and say "DUH". "The Bleeding Obvious" section highlights this.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
        I don't mind people that aren't familiar with even mildly technical stuff. You can't expect everyone to care about the inner workings. However, there are certain things in which common sense should come in and say "DUH". "The Bleeding Obvious" section highlights this.
        I suppose. I know general stuff about the computer but that's pretty much it. My father is a real computer freak so he gets excited about doing all that tech stuff for me anyway. I think he likes to feel like he's helped me out, which is sweet.

Comment

I don't have to deal with tech stuff, but I do have to deal with stupid software questions at work. The ones that bug me most are from the "repeat offenders". I mean, how many times do I have to explain to someone how to sort a table? And why it won't sort by the last name when it's been typed in as "Joe Blow" Grrrrrrrr.
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Customer: "Do I need a computer to use your software?"
            I've always thought that disks made very nice coasters.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm considering installing an old 12x CD-ROM on my machine so I can use it as a cup holder.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I'm considering installing an old 12x CD-ROM on my machine so I can use it as a cup holder.
                Handy! Have a good night.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                  I've always thought that disks made very nice coasters.
                  Yes. AOL sends me those discs by the truckload.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    Yes. AOL sends me those discs by the truckload.
                    That's one good thing about AOL. They make sure you have somewhere to put your drinks.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

That's one good thing about AOL. They make sure you have somewhere to put your drinks.
                      They also keep sending those nice DVD-type slipcases, too. Heaven know's i've been able to replace about 30 dvd cases so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        They also keep sending those nice DVD-type slipcases, too. Heaven know's i've been able to replace about 30 dvd cases so far.
                        Have you been getting the wooden ones?
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Fact: Boston Computer Museum sells chocolate bars shaped like floppy disks.

Fact: Three year old kids see daddy boot his computer using a floppy to play games.

Fact: Computers are warm inside...even some quite expensive computers.

I don't want to talk about it.
                          Aren't kids wonderful?
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Aren't kids wonderful?
                            Only in my state would that happen. Ugh, I hate Massachusetts. I need to get out.

Comment

Have you been getting the wooden ones?
                              only a few times. I got 3 or 4. Firewood if you ask me.

Comment

So TW, how are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X