Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthquake, no. Earth, tremors yes. We do get them in Ohio from time to time. The strongest I ever felt was shortly after moving to Cincinnati in 1987; strong enough to wake me from a sound sleep wondering who had given my bed a hearty shove.

What's the weirdest and/or wildest instance of natural phenomena you have personally witnessed or experienced?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Earthquake, no. Earth, tremors yes. We do get them in Ohio from time to time. The strongest I ever felt was shortly after moving to Cincinnati in 1987; strong enough to wake me from a sound sleep wondering who had given my bed a hearty shove.

What's the weirdest and/or wildest instance of natural phenomena you have personally witnessed or experienced?

Aside from that big quake in 1989, here are a number of notable ones:
      • A sandstorm in the far western end of Texas in the summer of 2002 involving lightning but no rain. (A long story with this one)
      • A torrential rainstorm in Tampa, FL also in the summer of 2002. There was a bolt of lightning that struck almost directly over my car. It was so loud that it sounded like an explosion from the inside.
      • Witnessing a wild lightning storm just outside of Titusville, FL also in 2002. For 2 hours, the night sky was illuminated with blue lightning.
      • A wild fire in western Utah in 2007 caused much of the area to be blanketed in gray ash, including my car. This was not long after I almost died from dehydration in the desert but that's another story.
      • Intense winds near the summit of Wheeler Peak (elev. 13,063 ft.) in far eastern Nevada. The winds almost knocked me down as I was making the ascent up towards the summit.
      sigpic

Comment

Since a certain person forgot to add another question I'll answer my own for myself and then turn the same one again to the next person:

The blizzard of '77 in upstate (western, in my case) New York. Took forever before we were able to leave the house, and marked the first time a snowstorm resulted in the declaration of a major disaster area in the United States.

Same question is still on the table.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Probably it would be flying through a deep purple colored electric storm cloud in the airplane, with lightning flashing all around us.

What car do you drive?
          sigpic

Comment

2001 Opel Vectra estate.

Same Q
            sigpic

Comment

1999 Mercury Tracer. Hey, it's paid for.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

... Bicycle

What is the last present you gave?
                sigpic

Comment

The Complete Harry Potter series of books to my neices... They loved getting them.

Same question...
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I wrote a short story for a friend of mine, filled with inside jokes and a plot both glorifying and hating on the two of us. It was well received - of course, I wrote it, so it was awesome.

Why would you say is your greatest flaw?
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Not getting rid of you when I had the chance.

how much does it annoy you that this sentence lack capitialization, punncation, and proper spelling
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

To be honest, a lot less than it did when I was first here. Either I'm so used to it my brain compensates by fixing the mistakes, or I've found so many other positive qualities in you that makes me ignore the Jelgatese. Or the drugs. That's always a possibility.

If you had the chance, who would you resurrect from the dead?
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

My maternal grandfather. He died when I was so young there is a very small amount I remember about him.

Where did you get the drugs?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Who said anything about drugs?

What's the weather like where you are right now?

Comment

The usual. Around 67ºF/19.44ºC with relatively high humidity and completely drenched in grey fog so that it occludes everything in sight.

Same question.
                              sigpic

Comment

42F, slightly damp, and dark. But tomorrow it's supposed to actually be 61F and mostly sunny for all the St. Patrick's Day frivolity. First time it's done that in a few years, I think. *scans the sky nervously* Those weren't hoofbeats, were they? Please, nobody say they heard hoofbeats...

I'm skipping a meeting because I have stuff to do. When was the last time you skipped something because you had too much other stuff to do?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X