Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a strange mood just now.....not sure whether it's really a sulk ?
    I'm going to the "Pages" Meetup on Saturday evening,and I can hardly wait.
    That's the good news.....but the bad news is, that I've done my back in !

Why is there ALWAYS a "But" ???

Also a whine about the November British Con.......I really want to go,but with B####y Christmas to pay for, and all the family and friends to buy for,there's no way I can afford to go !

I suppose the easy answer would be to treat my lot a month early...but it won't wash with everyone else .Drat !

*Sigh* At least I can read all about it later .
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I need to plot out a good way to smite someone from afar. Say... from the Vineyard to Southern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I need to plot out a good way to smite someone from afar. Say... from the Vineyard to Southern Illinois...
        I TRIED to warn him........

Comment

Next year, he's gonna be singing a different tune. Literally. And on stage, if I can manage it.

He picked the wrong girl to cross. I have a very active... and unusual... imagination.

Comment

C'mon now you can barely see anything. All you can make out is short dark hair and that you're obviously smurf-sized. It's the other picture that I'm waiting for.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

He is sooooooo toast.

Be a shame if something happened to his computer...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                He is sooooooo toast.

Be a shame if something happened to his computer...
                see your sig has been updated...
                Just don't be too destructive, after all, some of us innocent people live in the vicinity of Southern Illinois... *contemplates moving to safer climes - say is NZ far enough?? winter and all *

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  All you can make out is short dark hair and that you're obviously smurf-sized.
                  Oh-HO! Another person for Shadow to release her minions against. Some people enjoy life on the edge...
                  sigpic

Comment

You're next, Shipper dear...

Comment

Yes, because Shadow quite obviously terrifies me. All 5 feet of her. Can't you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        Yes, because Shadow quite obviously terrifies me. All 5 feet of her. Can't you tell?
                        Are you sure she's 5 feet?? I just saw that picture. LOL! Poor David is going to be in trouble. It does sort of jive with this mental picture I had of Shadow which was a grown up version of Christina Ricci playing Wednesday in the Addams Family.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

You want to be on The List, too, Kes?

I'm 5'1", thank you very much. And I'm despite my pixie looks, I'm very strong... with violent tendencies.

Comment

Dropping in late to share my crazy customer experience...

I work part-time in a department store here in Australia (think Walmart if you're in the U.S.). I work in the fitting rooms, where I answer the phones, do all the PA calls (*staff from gardening, please call to the gardenshop, service one* etc), and herd customers into their little cubicles where they try on the clothes, making sure they haven't stuffed things into their bags and intend to put them on underneath....

Unfortunately, the fitting rooms are located in the women's intimate apparel section. And occassionally, some misguided customer thinks that part of my job as a fitting room attendant, includes 'fitting' them. Trust me. Big W is not classy enough to train its employees to measure body parts.

So one fateful and rather slow Sunday afternoon, a friendly senior citizen (read: crazy old bag) asks for my assistance with the bras just outside the fitting rooms. Since we're short staffed and I'm not busy, I decide to try to help her instead of calling one of the Apparel girls.

Big mistake.

Old lady: "Ohh, could you help me with this bra? It's a lovely bra. It looks soo comfortable."
                            Me: "Certainly, what's -"
                            Old lady: "Oh it's just I don't know my size. My breasts have gotten much bigger than they used to be."
                            Me: "Uh huh..."
                            Old lady: *Lifts her shirt right up where she is standing - NOT in the fitting rooms, but outside where there are other (male!) customers standing around*
                            "Do I look like a C cup or a D cup dearey? (shirt still up)
                            It's just I think i've gone up a size in my old age. I don't look like a C cup do I? (shirt still up)."
                            Me: (calmly and with a tone of honest consideration) "Hmm. You might be right. How about you try both the C and the D and then decide which one is more comfortable? I can put them aside for you until you are finished looking." (her shirt is STILL up).

Old lady: "oh, yes. That's a good idea. Thank you very much dear." (finally puts shirt down).

The scariest thing is that there was a middle aged man standing about 1 meter away from her. And the poor guy couldn't leave because he was waiting for his wife.

I was just thankful she was still wearing her own bra and didn't try the other one on there and then

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                              Are you sure she's 5 feet?? I just saw that picture. LOL! Poor David is going to be in trouble. It does sort of jive with this mental picture I had of Shadow which was a grown up version of Christina Ricci playing Wednesday in the Addams Family.
                              I would have guessed 4'10" or something like that if I hadn't actually already known how tall she is. And LOL on the Wednsday Adams thing. My husband said that he figured her for the leather-clad dominatrix type.

And I have no fear of being on Shadow's list. I have a toddler. I fear nothing anymore.

Besides I tease because I wuv.

Comment

Meep ! You lot are so brave.....NEVER mess with anyone of the vertically challenged persuasion !
                                I have the RL sister to prove this theory,...again "Meep".

As for toddlers.....Shipperahoy,you are SO right !
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X