This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Didn't Tad Williams write the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series? That last book was HUGE.

After getting burned with the neverending Wheel of Time series, I decided to not start a fantasy series unless it was completed. That lasted until I stumbled upon George R.R. Martin.
    A Song of Ice and Fire series by any chance? I'm reading book 4.
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Oh yeah. Just finished book 3, book 4 is on the backburner. I heard it may have a disjointed ending though, since Martin apparently split one potentially huge novel into books 4 and 5.

Comment

Trying to figure WHY my spork is being used in here and NOT by me....*ponders why Shadow is allowing this*
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Tad Williams is part of the school of writing that thinks that 1,200 pages to a book is four times as good as 300 pages.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Oh yeah. Just finished book 3, book 4 is on the backburner. I heard it may have a disjointed ending though, since Martin apparently split one potentially huge novel into books 4 and 5.
            I'll let you know when I get there. So far he hasn't even touched on at least 4 major characters that I remember from the last one. Mind you, it's been so darn long since #3 came out that I forget half of what happened. I've spent most of this book going "Huh, but I thought that he..." and "Wasn't she..." and "Boy I really need to re-read..."
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
              Aww! I thought it was for my sig. *continues to wait for sig-related smiting*
              You will get no smiting from me. LOVE your sig.
              Oooo! I want a report on other people's reactions. LOVE your sig!

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

My whine of the day - I think I'm getting an ear infection.

Okay, I'm done now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                  My whine of the day - I think I'm getting an ear infection.

Okay, I'm done now.
                  ::I'm not reading this. I'm not reading this. I'm not reading this::

I am so susceptible to (what I'm not reading) that just reading (what I'm not reading) will infect me.

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

EAR INFECTIONS!!!

Didja hear me? 'Cause I said EAR INFECTIONS!!!

Muahahaha! I'm so cruel and evil, talking about EAR INFECTIONS when someone's EARS could get INFECTED just by reading about EAR INFECTIONS.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      EAR INFECTIONS!!!

Didja hear me? 'Cause I said EAR INFECTIONS!!!

Muahahaha! I'm so cruel and evil, talking about EAR INFECTIONS when someone's EARS could get INFECTED just by reading about EAR INFECTIONS.
                      And I thought we were friends Or at least friendly

You do realize that my ears have been popping since this thing I'm not reading about has come up, right?

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Do you think my employer calls to make reservations at work because it's easier that way or do you think it's so he can repeat verbatim what is in the hotel room he's staying in and where he's going so we can feel like lower scum for thinking the rates at a Days Inn are kind of high? Fireplace? Jacuzzi isn't necessary but a fireplace would be nice, Oo there's no fireplace. Do you have anything else available?

Adrianne
                        ($400 and some odd dollars PER PERSON for two days ... )

My LibraryThing.

Comment

EAR INFECTIONS!

OK, so why do some people have to be such unmitigated jackholes, running around intentionally trying to stir up spite and hatred and generally making more of an ass out of themselves than any perceived slights could possibly accomplish? *sigh*

Oh yeah, and EAR INFECTIONS, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                            You do realize that my ears have been popping since this thing I'm not reading about has come up, right?
                            *forms an orderly queue behind you, rubbing her ears*

Comment

Okay, honestly. SHUT UP ALREADY!
                              She said it was a spoiler. IT'S A SPOILER DAMNIT NOW SHUT UP ABOUT IT AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE! Honestly.

The Ask the Mods thread is not for debate. It's for questions. Take it some place else.

Asshat.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                                ::I'm not reading this. I'm not reading this. I'm not reading this::

I am so susceptible to (what I'm not reading) that just reading (what I'm not reading) will infect me.

Adrianne
                                ... especially when you're host is the one with the ear infection ...
                                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                                X