Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very happy 74th birthday to Gary Burghoff.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I watched the season 7 finale, "The Party", last night.

I've always loved the scenes in the trucks where Hawkeye et al find out their families can make the party in New York BJ organised.

Every time a truck hits a pothole, or swerves to avoid something in the road, the cab goes out of shot for a moment then the scene switches to a different truck and a different couple characters.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

That was a great episode! I especially loved when Radar was reading the letter at the end and found out that he and his family were invited to the Winchesters' place after the war. The look on Charles' face was priceless! LOL!
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

So which is better? Early episodes, or the later ones? What are your thoughts?

Comment

Ooh, good question. Gonna have to think about that...
            sigpic

Comment

Early episodes. It gets too preachy at the end
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Over on another forum I belong to, we've been talking about the camp's exterior location in the Hollywood hills and how, if handled right, it could become a bit of a tourist draw.

Set up replicas of the tents in the compound, have a few period Jeeps and so forth.

Ideally, guests would be choppered in. But it'd be a health and safety nightmare if the organisers were using the little period specific Bell 47s carrying just three people at a time - one in the bubble cockpit with the pilot, and one in each of the medevac panniers.

To get more punters on site in one go, I'd set up a staging area a mile or two away - done up to look like a forward aid post or similar - then transport them to the M*A*S*H in a replica evac bus.

Realistically though, you could only have the attraction running during the summer months.
                sigpic

Comment

BruTak, I love, love it! I wish they could do that, however, they would have to clean up the place before they did though. Here's a link I found to the old M*A*S*H filming site in Malibu State Park...
                  https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/mas...ek-state-park/

Comment

Alan Alda has revealed he's suffering from Parkinson's Disease - https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/mas...disease-544976
                    sigpic

Comment

Question - you know how in some early episodes of the show, there's songs played over the camp's PA system, contemporary for the late 1940s/early 1950s, but translated and sung in Korean.

Was any of that ever commercially released?
                      sigpic

Comment

Not sure, BruTak. Does anyone else know?

Comment

Ok, here's a question to ponder.

What do we think happened to Col. Flagg after the war?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Ok, here's a question to ponder.

What do we think happened to Col. Flagg after the war?
                            Didn't he get caught up in that whole McCarthy thing?

Comment

Who knows?

Watching the episode on WGN America called 'Change Day' where they change the military script from red to blue. Also Klinger tries to get into West Point. Too funny! ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                I watched the season 7 finale, "The Party", last night.

I've always loved the scenes in the trucks where Hawkeye et al find out their families can make the party in New York BJ organised.

Every time a truck hits a pothole, or swerves to avoid something in the road, the cab goes out of shot for a moment then the scene switches to a different truck and a different couple characters.
                                I like that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X