Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.A.S.H - Discussions and everything else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff like that is what make the show so enduring. It stopped being about caricatures and gave great insight into the characters, which. made them so real.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The only thing I can think of that comes even remotely close, is "The Orville".

It's got that same way of turning from comedy to drama in the space of half a second.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I totally agree! M*A*S*H had a way to make you laugh one minute, then cry the next. They don't make them like that anymore...
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

I'm hoping for a proper summer this year (I live in Scotland, I can dream...) so I can wear my Hawkeye Hawaiian shirt.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Let's hope you can!

So does anyone remember how many guest stars there were on the show? I know there was a lot though. One of my faves was when Patrick Swayze was on.

Comment

The guests stars would be too many to count.

But offhand I remember Ron Howard, Lawrence Fishburne, Leslie Nielsen, John Ritter, singer Loundon Wainright III, Ed Begley Jr., Shelly Long, and Rosalind Chao.
              sigpic

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...*H_guest_stars

Part of the fun of watching the episodes is playing guess the guest star
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's a pic of my Hawaiian shirt. I'd say the pattern is damn near identical to that of Hawkeye's shirt.
                  IMG_152595193850F.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Almost identical to his! Cool! Where did you find it? Also, does anyone remember the epi where Father Mulchahey got hepatitis? That was a good epi I haven't seen in awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                      Almost identical to his! Cool! Where did you find it? Also, does anyone remember the epi where Father Mulchahey got hepatitis? That was a good epi I haven't seen in awhile...
                      It's Season five episode 20 called Hepatitis.

I keep thinking there is an episode where Klinger is running around pretending to still be in Toledo wearing a shirt that says "Toledo, the gateway to Zanesville." Since I live close to Zanesville, I'd love to watch it again, Anybody know what episode that is? I keep thinking Winchester is in it.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I remember that one as well. Klinger thinks he can finally get his Section 8 discharge by pretending he's a civilian, at the end of the ep Col. Potter's filling in the form and the dialogue goes something like -

Potter: "Name?"
                        Klinger: "Maxwell Q. Klinger."
                        Potter: "Rank?"
                        Klinger: "Corporal.
                        Potter: "Ah-ha!"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          I remember that one as well. Klinger thinks he can finally get his Section 8 discharge by pretending he's a civilian, at the end of the ep Col. Potter's filling in the form and the dialogue goes something like -

Potter: "Name?"
                          Klinger: "Maxwell Q. Klinger."
                          Potter: "Rank?"
                          Klinger: "Corporal.
                          Potter: "Ah-ha!"
                          I remember that part too. Oh so close but no cigar for poor Klinger.

Comment

Then there was the episode where he wore a fur coat in the middle of a heatwave.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Then there was the episode where he wore a fur coat in the middle of a heatwave.
                              I remember that one. Didn't he end up jumping into a tub with Hot Lips?

Comment

No, that was the bathtub that Hawkeye & B.J. had shipped in.

Comment

Working...
                                X