Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so its confirmed...
    Spoiler:
    The blond wentch is a turncoat, but i am still not sure its HER that's leaking info to Pang.. And Pang's desire goes more towards more genocide than initially thought!!...
    Loved seeing the Nathan James and 2 others tail that Chinese ship, but man were they buggered over by that trap... Glad at least 2 of the ships survived (well one only partially).

Also liked how Wifey got out of there with the phone.. Here's hoping she can help prevent what's coming..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      OK so its confirmed...
      Spoiler:
      The blond wentch is a turncoat, but i am still not sure its HER that's leaking info to Pang.. And Pang's desire goes more towards more genocide than initially thought!!...
      Loved seeing the Nathan James and 2 others tail that Chinese ship, but man were they buggered over by that trap... Glad at least 2 of the ships survived (well one only partially).

Also liked how Wifey got out of there with the phone.. Here's hoping she can help prevent what's coming..
      Spoiler:
      I pegged her as trouble from the first time I saw her. I don't know, there was just something subliminal that said she was trouble.

Comment

Whooooaa.. Some interesting plot twists
        Spoiler:

So now Cara knows the truth on blondie, and took that info to the reporter putz...
        Chandler gets removed from CNO position, most likely on orders from blondie... IS he in on the conspiracy or just a patsy?
        Loved how they took the ship back.

And YAY, tex is making an appearance next week!

Comment

Well, if this isn't a fine kettle of worms now.

Spoiler:
          Kara is on the run, not quite sure who to trust, and finds out quickly that Allison is NOT on her side.

Allison orders the President to sign the order to arrest Chandler on all sorts of ludicrous charges, and I like that the President refused. He tried to reason with Allison, who for about 2 seconds looked somewhat frightened, but quickly and very quietly ordered him to sign the order. Who thinks he signed it? Or do we think Allison forged his name?

Loved how Jacob got really suspicious during the press conference, but got shut out by Allison. I'm having to change my mind about him, because he's always seemed like he was trying to malign Michenor. Now it seems as though he was just trying to get to the bottom of things.

So many things going on during this episode.

I felt quite badly for Captain Maylen when he had to watch his ship being sunk. I can understand why he's so upset over the whole thing, but have decided he's a by-the-book, follow orders (and don't question them), never think outside the box, never follow your instincts, keep your head down and don't make trouble attitude - which is why he carried out his orders to arrest Chandler, and refuses to even consider whether there is something to Chandler's attitude.

Loved how Chandler took advantage of the situation and asked for a court martial, which ensured that Maylen couldn't do anything further until they got back to the U.S. He didn't even seem to get it when Chandler said they'd never make it back to the U.S. because people back there would sink them with all hands before letting them anywhere near the country. Maylen is new to the whole save the world thing. He hasn't experienced what the Nathan James crew has in the last couple of seasons, and doesn't seem to understand just how serious everything is. He seems very naive.

Loved the fight scene in the cafeteria. And loved how O'Connor (who was one of the Hayward's crew) was in on the reasons for the fight and got the keys to give to Slattery to let our guys out of the brig.

I'm also pretty sure that when Slattery told the crew that he and Chandler were being replaced by the Hayward crew, that he cryptically gave them permission to take back the ship - which they did very handily.

I liked how we got to see (very briefly), Kara's mom and baby, and Grandpa Chandler and his grandkids. I wonder where they went. Maybe to his cabin shown in the first season?

Back to Kara and Jacob. I'm surprised Allison sent only one agent to take her out. If she knew Kara was at Jacob's apartment, then she should have figured that Jacob would be there, too. She really underestimated how smart Kara is on that front. She underestimated her to her boss, too, the Texas representative. I think that representative put a bit of fear of God into Allison when Allison tried to threaten her and she turned it back on Allison. That representative (I'm not remembering her name) actually stated that all the representatives were in on the plot. Kara found a picture of Jacob and a pregnant woman in his apartment. I'm now wondering if that was his wife in the picture and if they died in the epidemic. Maybe the writers are trying to make him a bit more of a sympathetic character?

Next week- Tex is back! Yippeee!

Comment

Spoiler:
            I am not sure that agent was sent on her orders.. I think he just got suspicious and followed the reporter home.. then when he saw the other white house staffer show up, he twigged something was up.
            Last edited by garhkal; 22 August 2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I am not sure that agent was sent on her orders.. I think he just got suspicious and followed the reporter home.. then when he saw the other white house staffer show up, he twigged something was up.
              I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Comment

I have edited that, to put spoiler tags around it..

Comment

Meanwhile, over on Facebook:

Spoiler:
                  There seems to be a big difference of opinion as to whether Captain Maylen is one of the bad guys, which I think folks are suspecting only because he was following orders and had Chandler arrested, and that somehow makes him a bad guy.

I think Maylen is totally in over his head in the whole situation. He hasn't been through what those on the Nathan James have been through. I think he's a person who doesn't think things through and is by-the-book, never questions authority, doesn't rely on instinct kind of guy. And he was pissed when Chandler and Slattery trusted Takahaya about bringing in the pirates on the ship. He said a couple of his crewmen had been roughed up (or maybe killed) by the pirates and so he didn't trust them. He apparently didn't stop to think how many men Chandler and Slattery had lost to the pirates, and yet they were still willing to trust Takahaya, which made him lose any trust in Chandler, and acted accordingly.

Anyways, there seem to be a bigger group of people who don't like him, don't trust him, and actually think he's in on the plot with Peng and the territorial representatives in the U.S.

There's a lot of discussion about this, but I'm just wondering what anyone else here thinks.

Oh, and they don't like his XO either, even though she hasn't done anything to justify that, other than follow her own Captain's orders.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I'm among those that suspect Maylen is in on the deal too, not just following orders. There were a lot of scenes when the camera focused upon his eyes which were filled with a look I didn't like at all.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      He does seem like he might be more than just a 'follow the rules patsy'. However i don't see him being in on the whole schebang..

Comment

Holy spitballs batman...
                        Spoiler:
                        Kara, oh Kara.. WHY didn't you put a bullet or three into blondie?? You had plenty of chances!
                        And Tex.. Always da man.
                        And i was fuming at seeing how easily the coup to take over seemed to go without the james in port..
                        Also the preview showing the ship being hit.. i hope it was a decoy!

Comment

Holy spitballs batman...
                          Spoiler:
                          Kara, oh Kara.. WHY didn't you put a bullet or three into blondie?? You had plenty of chances!
                          And Tex.. Always da man.
                          And i was fuming at seeing how easily the coup to take over seemed to go without the james in port..
                          Also the preview showing the ship being hit.. i hope it was a decoy!
                          Spoiler:
                          Remember that Chandler now has custody of the Chinese destroyer and its crew. Maybe they use that ship as a decoy and it is the one that gets hit in that scene in the previews?

LOVED having Tex back. I do wish, however, that he had actually injured Roberta when he grabbed her by the neck. She's a really nasty piece of work.

Lots of stuff going on in this episode.

Maylen finally realized he was wrong and stepped up to the plate and volunteered to go with Vulture Team, even though Chandler had him stay on the ship. I kind of like Maylen questioning his own place on the ship and what he should tell his own crew about why he was standing around doing nothing, and then volunteered for the mission. I knew he was a good guy; I really think he redeemed himself.

I'm pleased that Takahaya got to take out Peng. He had a bigger grudge with him than Chandler or the U.S. did. After all, Peng tried to eradicate the whole Japanese population (or what was left of it). I felt badly for Takahaya when he realized the destruction Peng had caused in the museum. And then after exchanging respect with Chandler, Takahaya walked off into what would have been the sunset had the scene happened a few hours earlier in twilight. And later, when Kyoko said goodbye to Chandler and Sasha, I got a tear in my eye realizing she and Takahaya would likely die together, but that their son would have people to look after him.

Loved how such a small group of people managed to snatch the President after he was dragged away from the podium. And after Tex shot the guards, the President's "Hot damn, son" - seriously impressed with Tex.

I was upset that Kara didn't kill Allison where she was standing. But she's a lot like Chandler. He won't just kill someone because they deserve it, especially if they can be valuable at some point in providing needed answers. I'm probably completely wrong, but I think Allison would swiftly change loyalties if she got a promise to keep her away from those regional managers, who wouldn't hesitate to kill her if she betrayed them. When she doesn't have them to back her up, she'll fold really fast.

Loved the whole 2d team aboard the Chinese ship, taking it over, having the crew prisoners, and Slattery trying to figure out from the console how to fire the weapons.

I was seriously bummed when Jacob Barnes got captured and killed. I really wanted him to survive and it just didn't seem fair that he didn't.

Only 2 episodes left for this season. It's going to be a loooooooooong between seasons.

Comment

On Barnes. I was also shocked he died that way.. BUT at least he redeemed himself..

And as to Takahyia and the wife. I too was bummed at them going off like that, knowing they would die soon...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm probably completely wrong, but I think Allison would swiftly change loyalties if she got a promise to keep her away from those regional managers, who wouldn't hesitate to kill her if she betrayed them. When she doesn't have them to back her up, she'll fold really fast.
                              Spoiler:
                              She may want to switch sides, but it would extremely stupid for anyone to trust her ever again.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Hence why i felt that Kara should have taken the shot when she had it..

Comment

Working...
                                X