TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I am just wondering when that trend started... pulling a TV show cause of real world issues, to where showing the episode(s) might be seen as 'being heartless'??
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I don't remember what incidents from last year or even the last couple of years started this, but a similar delay has been had in a one or two other shows in the last year or two. Maybe someone else remembers which they were.
    I know they did it with some shows after the Paris bombings.
    sigpic

Comment

"Haven", a SyFy entry that ran 5 or 6 seasons depending upon how you count delayed an episode after the Connecticut shootings 3-4 years ago. They ran the episode about 3 weeks later, I think.

Comment

i checked my recordings and from what I can tell, the first episode WAS shown, I haven't viewed it yet, so it could have ben just an error in the labeling, it happens with dish, but if it is correct, then it was shown and both eps are there.

Comment

It wasn't. I watched a few minutes of THe Last Ship live. The DVR probably didn't make the correction since TNT made the change only few hours before the show aired
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I am just wondering when that trend started... pulling a TV show cause of real world issues, to where showing the episode(s) might be seen as 'being heartless'??
            I know after 9/11 they delayed one of the Spiderman movies because part of the storyline too closely tied to real life events. (You can't prove it by me; I've never seen it.) As for TV...I'm not sure.

Comment

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Earshot" got pulled because of the Columbine shootings in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I don't remember what incidents from last year or even the last couple of years started this, but a similar delay has been had in a one or two other shows in the last year or two. Maybe someone else remembers which they were.
                I know they did it with some shows after the Paris bombings.
                The first big one i can remember was after 9/11, when a # of films got -edited- to remove the twin towers..
                Not sure though which came first for the TV side of house..
                Which is strange, since many SVU and other shows, have dived RIGHT into some of the bigger crimes right after they happened in RL..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                It wasn't. I watched a few minutes of THe Last Ship live. The DVR probably didn't make the correction since TNT made the change only few hours before the show aired
                They even had a ticker at the bottom of the screen saying "Due to the Orlando incident, the premier for the third seasons has been put on hold out of respect," and TNT itself put out a tweet (and other messagings on it) around 5 hrs or so prior to the episode(s) airing..

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                  i checked my recordings and from what I can tell, the first episode WAS shown, I haven't viewed it yet, so it could have ben just an error in the labeling, it happens with dish, but if it is correct, then it was shown and both eps are there.
                  Directv showed the last two episodes of last season, where they sank the submarine and finally made it to St. Louis.

Comment

My DVR had it labeled as the season premier for S3, but what was actually recorded was the last two episodes of S2.

Comment

I've seen the first 2 episodes of season 3.
                      Spoiler:
                      1. Dr Rachel Scott is confirmed dead. 2. The Navy has 2 more destroyers operational in the Pacific ocean. 3. Val and wolfman were dating but she was killed after discovering something after a meeting in Hong Kong.
                      I hope to see episode 3 this sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        My DVR had it labeled as the season premier for S3, but what was actually recorded was the last two episodes of S2.
                        Yep. Earlier in the day, Directv had the new season episodes listed as being what would be shown. But when I looked later, the description had changed to show that the last two episodes of the last season would be shown instead. From what I've seen, the premier episodes of Season 3 will be aired next Sunday at the usual time.

Comment

Flugh it.. So those who some how knew of the 'preview special' on memorial day are the only ones who will see it for at least a month... Dratzki..

Comment

Flugh it.. So those who some how knew of the 'preview special' on memorial day are the only ones who will see it for at least a month... Dratzki..
                            According to what I've been reading on Facebook, TNT has rescheduled it to air this coming Sunday. So, only 4 more days.

Comment

The nightclub shooting is in episode 2 iirc, I don't know if they still are but the episodes were on hulu or whatever its called.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                The nightclub shooting is in episode 2 iirc, I don't know if they still are but the episodes were on hulu or whatever its called.
                                Hulu probably won't air the new episodes until later. Season 3 (as far as I know) is only available in the States on TNT.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X