No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god for that. I would have had to write one heck of a nasty gram to TNT for that, if it WAS the full premier they aired without any publicity!

Comment

heh. My first reaction when I heard the premiere date for this years' run was " Oh, crap, is that starting again already?"

I need to find a way to watch an hour's worth of TV in 15 minutes or something. I *almost* got caught up in "12 Monkeys" a few weeks back, but I've slipped back a week or so again.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I think its just a few scenes they showed as a teaser. I believe nothing until the actual premiere. Wouldn't be the first time we have deliberately misled
        According to numerous folks on Facebook, it was an entire hour's episode. And they gave away some very important details, which I'm highly annoyed that they just had to post spoilers regardless of the fact that not everyone saw it.

Comment

I shall have to KEEELLLL dem infidels!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            According to numerous folks on Facebook, it was an entire hour's episode. And they gave away some very important details, which I'm highly annoyed that they just had to post spoilers regardless of the fact that not everyone saw it.
            I have been SO careful not to read spoilers. A bunch of people weren't so lucky, though. Hedwig--have you joined the DDG 151 FB page? It's seriously SO much fun!
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

yes, it WAS the entire episode that showed, I got most of it, I missed the first five minutes.

just remember that they will show the full episode again just before the second episode airs, at least one hour before,
              that is why you need to set your recording device to begin recording ten minutes before the episode starts and at least ten minutes after it ends to be sure it records all of it.

http://www.thelastshiptnt.com/
              Last edited by epg20; 04 June 2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I have been SO careful not to read spoilers. A bunch of people weren't so lucky, though. Hedwig--have you joined the DDG 151 FB page? It's seriously SO much fun!
                I have just joined. I didn't know that was there. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                  yes, it WAS the entire episode that showed, I got most of it, I missed the first five minutes.

just remember that they will show the full episode again just before the second episode airs, at least one hour before,
                  that is why you need to set your recording device to begin recording ten minutes before the episode starts and at least ten minutes after it ends to be sure it records all of it.

http://www.thelastshiptnt.com/
                  There's a bit of a debate going on over on Facebook as to whether it actually is the first episode. Many think it is snippets from numerous episodes throughout the season, and others insist that it is the actual first episode. It seems to be titled something like "First Look".

If it is the actualy first episode, I'm disgusted with TNT for airing it without any notice that it is the actual first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    There's a bit of a debate going on over on Facebook as to whether it actually is the first episode. Many think it is snippets from numerous episodes throughout the season, and others insist that it is the actual first episode. It seems to be titled something like "First Look".

If it is the actualy first episode, I'm disgusted with TNT for airing it without any notice that it is the actual first episode.
                    I've heard various opinions, too, as to whether it's the first episode. From what I've heard, it seems like it is, although I haven't seen it, so I can't opine. The producers said that the first episode is called "The Scott Effect", though, and most people who have it on DVR said that this one is called "First Look". So--who knows? I'm waiting patiently until next Sunday. Or at least, I'm trying to be patient. (It's only kind of working.)

Some people on the DDG FB page said that they had heard from people within the production staff that big spoilers were being leaked and that they were trying to head that off by airing the first episode. Also, they took advantage of the spot directly following that big basketball game to try to lure in more viewers to expand the grip of the show. That makes more sense to me than the spoilers theory.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

i can settle the mix up, first there WAS a short PREVIEW of the up coming season, it showed a dinner at the Chinese palace, or where they hold state dinners, there they showed the scene at the dinner table, where chandler said that if they didn't spread the cure then we would, or something to that effect, then they showed the head of the Chinese government walking out and that was about it, as a preview.

THEN either a short time after that on the same day, or the next day, I don't remember, they showed the whole first episode, I remember that I thought it was strange to have two new episodes , then I looked at the length of the episodes, and one was about five minutes and the other was an hour.

as for when the new eps are coming on, according to the DVR guide, my time central, so adjust your recording time.

season 3 ep 1 will start at 8pm-9pm, and the season 3ep 2 will be 9-10:02

it will start after TNT shows the desolation of smalg, or one of those prequels to lord of the rings, so adjust again, I think 5 minutes will be enough on both ends.

Comment

Well, TNT pulled the premier cause of what happened in Orlando, all cause the intro to the premier episode starts with a scene with gunfire IN a night club... So i can actually understand WHY they pulled it.. I just would like to know though, how long they will keep it off air...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Well, TNT pulled the premier cause of what happened in Orlando, all cause the intro to the premier episode starts with a scene with gunfire IN a night club... So i can actually understand WHY they pulled it.. I just would like to know though, how long they will keep it off air...
                          more than likely for a while, I would think that it would be about a month or two, to give it time to cool down.

Comment

I don't remember the specifics, but other show premiers have been pulled because of events happening in the real world, and then rescheduled for a week to a month later. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

I am just wondering when that trend started... pulling a TV show cause of real world issues, to where showing the episode(s) might be seen as 'being heartless'??

Comment

I don't remember what incidents from last year or even the last couple of years started this, but a similar delay has been had in a one or two other shows in the last year or two. Maybe someone else remembers which they were.

Comment

Working...
                                X