TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    I'm sobbing right there with you. Thank heaven for my DVR!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

My TNT app says we have 3 episodes left
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        My TNT app says we have 3 episodes left
        Phew! That's better than none, right? But with this show, a lot can go horribly wrong in three episodes.
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          I'm sobbing right there with you. Thank heaven for my DVR!
          I really wish TNT would stop making their seasons of GOOD shows, only 12-13 eps, and make them the old fashioned 22 ep seasons!

Comment

Spoiler:
            I am so bummed. I even had tears in my eyes when Ravit died. She was one of my favorite characters. I know people are going to die in this show, and two more died in this evening's episode, including Ravit. Watching her try to talk and then watching Wolf and Burk see her die just about broke my heart. That whole scene in the helo bay when the team returned to the ship from the oil platform was heart wrenching. I don't normally get all emotional over stuff like this, but this show just makes me feel very emotional.

And then the following scene in the mess hall when Jeter was speaking to those gathered just about had me crying all over again. It was incredibly touching.

People on Facebook are saying they don't trust the President and think he's working with Sean and his brother. After tonight's episode, I'm not so sure of that. I don't think he's a good enough actor to pretend to be upset over the events that occurred during the episode. And his speech to the masses was really good, even if it didn't get to them.

At least Chandler was civil to Rachel when she removed the metal bits and bandaged him up.

As usual, for me anyway, this episode seemed to last about 5 minutes - it went by that quickly.

If I wasn't convinced before this, I have no doubt that Sean Ramsey is insane. And I'm thinking his brother has finally realized that (even though he's crazy, too).

They at least turned one person's opinion about them around - Valerie (or Valkyrie). It'll be interesting to see what she's got in her backpack that's so important she couldn't leave it behind.

I burst out laughing at Chandler's reply to Valerie when he said "Welll, sh*t*, ..." and then goes on talk about how aliens were responsible for the whole situation. That was great.
            Last edited by hedwig; 23 August 2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

I had a lousy week, and this one didn't help!

I'm SOOOOOO sad. I agree with everything that Hedwig said above. I was one of the poeple doubting the President, but I'm thinking more and more that he's okay, now. Maybe?

Ugh. Now I need ice cream to recuperate.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Unfortunately i am on security watch right now.. Connection is slow as heck, so i can't watch it... Will have to catch it monday afternoon..

Comment

Valkyrie (ep 11)
                  Spoiler:
                  I really liked Ravit and was sad that she and Chung died (I got a bit teary-eyed during that whole part). The only part of the episode I didn't like was the transition from Ravit saying that it was the main boiler(?) that was leaking gas, to the image of parts of the oil rig exploding and then to wounded being brought aboard the ship. It almost felt like there was a scene missing to me. Anyway, I've really been enjoying this season, and I'm really looking forward to next week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    Wow. Just wow.

I had a lousy week, and this one didn't help!

I'm SOOOOOO sad. I agree with everything that Hedwig said above. I was one of the poeple doubting the President, but I'm thinking more and more that he's okay, now. Maybe?

Ugh. Now I need ice cream to recuperate.
                    We talked about the president and at the time I thought he might still be siding with the Immunes. At the time I didn't trust his sudden change of heart. At this point his double agent status doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:
                    He made a tape denouncing the Immunes that was recorded by Slattery who then gave it Chandler. This makes a hidden message unlikely. If it wasn't for the RPG attack on the oil rig the Immunes would have been discredited severely. And the sub scene tells us it was someone believing the Immunes's propaganda that attacked suggesting the Immunes knew nothing of the plane. The whole thing adds up that the Immunes knew nothing of the president's message which shows the president was sincere in his message
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      We talked about the president and at the time I thought he might still be siding with the Immunes. At the time I didn't trust his sudden change of heart. At this point his double agent status doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:
                      He made a tape denouncing the Immunes that was recorded by Slattery who then gave it Chandler. This makes a hidden message unlikely. If it wasn't for the RPG attack on the oil rig the Immunes would have been discredited severely. And the sub scene tells us it was someone believing the Immunes's propaganda that attacked suggesting the Immunes knew nothing of the plane. The whole thing adds up that the Immunes knew nothing of the president's message which shows the president was sincere in his message
                      Good points. I don't think he's a turncoat anymore. This last episode convinced me.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I am so bummed. I even had tears in my eyes when Ravit died. She was one of my favorite characters. I know people are going to die in this show, and two more died in this evening's episode, including Ravit. Watching her try to talk and then watching Wolf and Burk see her die just about broke my heart. That whole scene in the helo bay when the team returned to the ship from the oil platform was heart wrenching. I don't normally get all emotional over stuff like this, but this show just makes me feel very emotional.
                        I also came almost to tears with that hole scene. Even when Chandler fell, i was ready to cry.

Spoiler:

And then the following scene in the mess hall when Jeter was speaking to those gathered just about had me crying all over again. It was incredibly touching.
                        I wish the Capt also spoke.
                        Spoiler:
                        AND I was surprised that they didn't think to video IT, so they should air it along with the POTUS's tape if/when they get Valkyrie fixed.

Spoiler:
                        People on Facebook are saying they don't trust the President and think he's working with Sean and his brother. After tonight's episode, I'm not so sure of that. I don't think he's a good enough actor to pretend to be upset over the events that occurred during the episode. And his speech to the masses was really good, even if it didn't get to them.
                        With how shocked he looked, i don't think he is faking it.

Spoiler:

They at least turned one person's opinion about them around - Valerie (or Valkyrie). It'll be interesting to see what she's got in her backpack that's so important she couldn't leave it behind.
                        Personally i think its something to
                        Spoiler:
                        do WITH the Valkyrie system.

Spoiler:

I burst out laughing at Chandler's reply to Valerie when he said "Welll, sh*t*, ..." and then goes on talk about how aliens were responsible for the whole situation. That was great.
                        O laughed my butt of when he said that.

For me, one of the big questions is where DID that small boat get ahold of those law rockets from??

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        Valkyrie (ep 11)
                        Spoiler:
                        I really liked Ravit and was sad that she and Chung died (I got a bit teary-eyed during that whole part). The only part of the episode I didn't like was the transition from Ravit saying that it was the main boiler(?) that was leaking gas, to the image of parts of the oil rig exploding and then to wounded being brought aboard the ship. It almost felt like there was a scene missing to me. Anyway, I've really been enjoying this season, and I'm really looking forward to next week.
                        Agreed. I even went back and forward on the site, watching it over twice to see if i missed something..

Comment

I also came almost to tears with that hole scene. Even when Chandler fell, i was ready to cry.

I wish the Capt also spoke.
                          Spoiler:
                          AND I was surprised that they didn't think to video IT, so they should air it along with the POTUS's tape if/when they get Valkyrie fixed.

With how shocked he looked, i don't think he is faking it.

Personally i think its something to
                          Spoiler:
                          do WITH the Valkyrie system.

O laughed my butt of when he said that.

For me, one of the big questions is where DID that small boat get ahold of those law rockets from??

Agreed. I even went back and forward on the site, watching it over twice to see if i missed something..
                          I imagine anyone could walk on to any of the abandoned military bases and just help themselves to anything,

was definetely an emotional episode, I think the missing scene thing was done for dramatic effect or something like that

Comment

Re: the transition between the exploding platform and the hangar bay, perhaps it was a choice as to which scene cost the most amount of money. The could have focussed on the exploding platform and the people being rescued from the ocean, OR the scene in the halo bay showing what happened and who got injured most and those dying. Which one would have been more emotional to the viewers. Both scenes may have cost too much money to show, so they chose one over the other. OR they filmed both scenes and chose to go with just one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              I imagine anyone could walk on to any of the abandoned military bases and just help themselves to anything,

was definetely an emotional episode, I think the missing scene thing was done for dramatic effect or something like that
                              Being someone who's served on mil bases, those armories are usually heavily locked up.. Hard to break into them..
                              As for the ep, i really hope they DID film both scenes and will have the extra scene on the DVD pack.

Comment

Being someone who's served on mil bases, those armories are usually heavily locked up.. Hard to break into them..
                                As for the ep, i really hope they DID film both scenes and will have the extra scene on the DVD pack.
                                Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but most of the security measures that protect such military hardware has crumbled with the governments of the world fell into anarchy
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X