Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the spoilers please.
    Something happened tonight so folks when you discuss, complain, moan or...you know, please remember to tag it so folks that are behind us don't get the dramatic moment spoiled
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Latest episode...

Spoiler:
      So, Aethelstan's son will be Alfred the Great? Does Ragnar know what Floki did? Was that why he ran off? Are they still going to Paris? Or Wessex for revenge, eventually?

Not enough Rollo in this episode.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

last episode
        Spoiler:
        I don't know if ragnar knows for sure that floki killed him or not...but really Floki has been very open about his Athelstan hate so not a huge logic leap.

If they choose to follow history, they gotta go to france, because I believe Rollo rules Paris/france, or at least his descendants do.

and i'm sure there'll be revenge too, cause Ragnar dies in Wessex if i'm remembering right.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          After the France raid, Rollo will probably stay being and rule Normandy. And has some kids, or at least a son. Oh, I think some of Ragnar's younger sons have some sort of interaction with Alfred the Great.
          sigpic

Comment

Okay... that was... not cool.

Spoiler:
            Floki should know better. They all should know better.
            Poor Athelstan, but I think he knew what Floki was up to.

They will go to Paris - I have no doubt about it. And according to history Ragnar will die in England. However, I was under the impression someone was going to end up with a blood eagle on his back again -- I thought King Ecbert would be the receiver of that one.

Nope, it's King Aelle, when Ragnar's sons avenge his death.

Nevertheless, I'm truly saddened Athelstan is gone. I really liked him and his journey.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

spoilers
              Spoiler:
              Athelstan was very much the 'everyman', He was a christian that also worshipped as a viking.
              He was, oddly enough, probably Ragnar's ony true friend, largely because he didn't need or want anything from him.
              Floki's always been a bit bent, but this was really pretty far, even for him. Although he's kinda hated Athelstan for years. Ragnar may need his ships, but I really don't think he'll ever forgive Floki for this. I think he kinda saw Athelstan as a bit of a talisman, someone that could guide him and possibly even protect him.
              I think Athelstan is the only one that's never betrayed Ragnar. Lagatha has, so has Floki now, and Rollo and Bjornn

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Aethelstan was one of my fave characters, still sad about his death.

Maybe Floki will sail somewhere, and find warriors to get revenge for England betrayal?
                sigpic

Comment

Mother of god...This could be the best battle you ever see on TV
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, that looks awesome.
                    sigpic

Comment

That was a rough episode. Glad there are two more.
                      sigpic

Comment

very rough.

I almost have a feeling tho
                        Spoiler:
                        we know the character's fate, in a certain degree. We know when the historical ragnar dies, as well as rollo's fate, so I have this feeling they're running into 'ok, so we have this 'date with destiny', now how to we deal with a 'been renewed for another season' and the impending doom of the characters' moments.

Here's hoping when they get there that they end the show, even tho it may be getting good ratings, when it should be ended, not dragging it out to the point of jumping the shark

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          They could skip ahead and have it be about the sons of Ragnar. There are some stories about Ivar, right?
                          Last edited by Morgania; 10 April 2015, 03:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

My theory about the last two episodes. Possible spoilers for the next two and definite spoilers beyond.

Spoiler:
                            Honestly, I think Ragnar's end is coming. His story has almost reached a natural conclusion, and I think that with no where to go they will likely kill him off.

I base this on almost no evidence, but I think that episode 9 will be the full conquest of Paris, and episode 10 will feature Ragnar's return to England. Wanting to exact revenge or at least try to figure out what happened, I think Ecbert will capture him and hand him over to Aelle, where Aelle will then drop him into the pit of snakes, which is how the Ragnar of the sagas met his end. Perhaps Ragnar will be blamed for Judith's (Aelle's daughter, remember) mutilation, but lets be honest Aelle wants Ragnar dead anyway. Ecbert, being manipulative, will use this as a way to get closer to Aelle, who he will probably eventually betray (remember the conversations earlier between Ecbert and his son). I think this will lead to the Great Heathen Army invasion of England, which will start in Season 4, led by Bjorn. Probably will be a time jump to see the other sons age a bit first, but they all will be out for one thing: Revenge.

The reasons I think this are partly because of Ragnar's story feeling like it is coming to a close, but also because of the fact that apparently the production has put out a casting call for up to eight thousand extras. That is an exceedingly large number of extras, and the only possible reason I could think of such a scale would be to film a massive invasion and massive battle scenes. Now even if the rumors of such a casting is false, I still would not be surprised to see the end of Ragnar come episode 10.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Maybe Ragnar's death will come sometime in season 4 instead. But I feel it is definitely coming, and killing off virtually the central character of the show at the end of this season would be quite shocking to anyone who is not aware of Ragnar's story. I only worry it could turn some viewers away and the time between the seasons may kill some interest. We will just have to see.

sigpic

Comment

I can't disagree with you.
                              Spoiler:
                              Just like they kinda let up to Athelstan's death, I can see them leading up to Ragnar's.
                              I can't recall what year he was supposed to die, but I can see the ending of the season being him at least being captured and betrayed by Ecbert.
                              I can see season 4 possibly being the end of the show (really it can only have a finite lifespan anyway, just like the Borgias or Tudors)

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                For a while, I was a little worried they'd kill off Rollo during the invasion. Though technically, if he dies off before having heirs, there are no Plantagents.
                                (Though not sure how many generations are supposed to be between him and William the Conqueror.)

Yeah, I can see the show leading up to the end of Ragnar. Then Bjorn taking over for a bit. Maybe they'll age up his younger brothers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X