Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Spoiler:
    not to mention the swede, you have that arc with him and the bishop family and then its just like eh his just trying to create a new life for himself, that'll do pig....that'll do....... seriously tho i did find The Swede's storyline the most interesting of the entire season only to be dissapointed come the season finale
    Spoiler:
    I can't decide if I'm disappointed in the Swede's arc or not. I adore CH and love watching him, and I see that they are trying to keep the Swede around because of his popularity. But I don't want the writing to suffer. I suppose his Mormon Bishop angle is believable because in those days all you really had to go on to identify someone was word of mouth, theirs and others. I'm counting on someone coming along who knew the real Bishop, but again this show is starting to rely too heavily on such coincidences. U.S. Grant for example. Let's not turn this into Forrest Gump please. Also, we may be getting into a tad too much soap opera for my taste with the Mormon girl. I really doubt Elam is dead. They're not stupid enough to get rid of Common. Are they?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Spoiler:
      I can't decide if I'm disappointed in the Swede's arc or not. I adore CH and love watching him, and I see that they are trying to keep the Swede around because of his popularity. But I don't want the writing to suffer. I suppose his Mormon Bishop angle is believable because in those days all you really had to go on to identify someone was word of mouth, theirs and others. I'm counting on someone coming along who knew the real Bishop, but again this show is starting to rely too heavily on such coincidences. U.S. Grant for example. Let's not turn this into Forrest Gump please. Also, we may be getting into a tad too much soap opera for my taste with the Mormon girl. I really doubt Elam is dead. They're not stupid enough to get rid of Common. Are they?
      Spoiler:
      I really hope not. Elam has really grown on me.
      You have a point about the soap operaness of the Mormon girl story line, SR. If it goes much more that way I doubt I'll keep watching. Heck I might even get rid of my DVDs.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Spoiler:
        I really hope not. Elam has really grown on me.
        You have a point about the soap operaness of the Mormon girl story line, SR. If it goes much more that way I doubt I'll keep watching. Heck I might even get rid of my DVDs.
        Yeah, Mr. SR usually bails on a show when it gets soapy also. I'll stick around cause I love me some Mr. Bohannon.
        sigpic

Comment

I wish they would get back to the revenge stuff, or has he killed everyone? i had the feeling that he wasnt done with his revenging that was part of what interested me about this show in the first place a revenge period piece/western i thought hmm sounds interesting.... oh its got christopher heyerdahl and colm Meany it cant be too bad then can it? i'll check it out its like they just dropped that storyline all together
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            I wish they would get back to the revenge stuff, or has he killed everyone? i had the feeling that he wasnt done with his revenging that was part of what interested me about this show in the first place a revenge period piece/western i thought hmm sounds interesting.... oh its got christopher heyerdahl and colm Meany it cant be too bad then can it? i'll check it out its like they just dropped that storyline all together
            I think maybe they think that storyline is finished. ??? I read a few interviews with Anson Mount in which he said this season was more about "redemption" for Cullen. Thus,
            Spoiler:
            his scenes with Ruth, which makes sense, but I'm not sure how all the other nonsense fits in.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Mr. SR usually bails on a show when it gets soapy also. I'll stick around cause I love me some Mr. Bohannon.
              He is an interesting character. I'm just not sure even he can be enough to keep me interested if this becomes "As the Train Wheels Turn."

Comment

You know it's interesting you mentioned the "redemption" angle for this past season. Got me thinking which is always scary but.....
                Spoiler:
                Maybe the moment at which he had the sexual fling with the Mormon girl was part of his redemption plan? I mean to me I felt it was out of character for Bohannon and seemed to be just thrown in there. But maybe, just maybe he wanted this.....as a way to tie himself to someone in order to force him to do the right thing? IDK that could be reaching and he would be gambling with being able to knock up a girl in one go but still that whole thing (Mormon storyline) has me bugged only because it seemed so out there to begin with, so maybe I'm just reaching to try and make sense of it all.
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                  You know it's interesting you mentioned the "redemption" angle for this past season. Got me thinking which is always scary but.....
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe the moment at which he had the sexual fling with the Mormon girl was part of his redemption plan? I mean to me I felt it was out of character for Bohannon and seemed to be just thrown in there. But maybe, just maybe he wanted this.....as a way to tie himself to someone in order to force him to do the right thing? IDK that could be reaching and he would be gambling with being able to knock up a girl in one go but still that whole thing (Mormon storyline) has me bugged only because it seemed so out there to begin with, so maybe I'm just reaching to try and make sense of it all.
                  I think maybe you're reaching also.
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt he was thinking that far ahead or even thinking at all. I thought it was OOC also but didn't think much more about it until the finale. Now it just seems like some writer was off his meds. I am hoping they soon find out it's not his kid. I'm thinking the father is her father, but I'm not sure they will go there. And I'm really hoping they don't kill her and the baby whether it's Bohannon's or not.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think maybe you're reaching also.
                    Spoiler:
                    I doubt he was thinking that far ahead or even thinking at all. I thought it was OOC also but didn't think much more about it until the finale. Now it just seems like some writer was off his meds. I am hoping they soon find out it's not his kid. I'm thinking the father is her father, but I'm not sure they will go there. And I'm really hoping they don't kill her and the baby whether it's Bohannon's or not.
                    Yeah you're probably right and I feel the same as you..we'll just have to wait and see
                    Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                      Yeah you're probably right and I feel the same as you..we'll just have to wait and see
                      I truly hope they have a plan for next season that makes sense to the viewers. Right now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I truly hope they have a plan for next season that makes sense to the viewers. Right now I'm not so sure.
                        I just hope we get another season.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I just hope we get another season.
                          Well, looks like we get our wish.

Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a 13 episode fourth season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Great. As I've said before, I hope they have a plan that makes sense. *crosses fingers and toes*

Comment

Good we needed better resolution than that, i mean that last episode kinda worked as a series finale a terrible one tho
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Woot! \0/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X