No announcement yet.

Favorite soundtracks for TV, Movie, or Videogame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in love with anything by Trevor Morris, especially The Pillars of the Earth and The Tudors soundtracks. Hopefully, he's doing the World Without End music (Pillars sequel-ish). I like the Stargate film soundtrack better than the series, but I rarely skip the titles.

I know this is probably a bit obscure, but I love the Lost 'title sequence'! It's just so ominous and creepy. It's more atmospheric than soundtrack, but I think it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Mmmm yes! Tron Legacy had an amazing soundtrack!
      I'm listening to "End of Line" right now and I must absolutely agree about the Tron Legacy soundtrack. I often turn to it when I'm in a weird mood, which is a lot lately.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying the soundtrack from Spartacus...

I wanna get the soundtrack from Deathly Hallows pt. 1 and 2 for my car...I'd feel epic driving around with that.
        sigpic

Comment

Clint Mansell's work in Mass Effect 2 is beyond superb

Comment

That is a really wonderful track. But I'm still pretty disappointed that Mansell was only involved in two of the OST's tracks. When they said that Jack Wall wasn't returning but they were getting Mansell instead, I thought it was pretty heavily implied that he'd be running the show.

Not that the soundtrack was bad, by any stretch of the imagination. It was actually really awesome. But I wanted much more Mansell....
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Seriously one of my favorites...

sigpic

Comment

Weather its Naruto or Naruto Shippuden this franchise always has awesome ost

An example of of such epicness
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

And another

Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

There are some really great once here.
                    These are among my favorites:

MOVIES:
                    Musical Scores and soundtracks:
                    -James Horner’s music (I especially love “Titanic”, “Braveheart” and “Avatar”)
                    -Howard Shores (“LotR”)
                    -Hans Zimmer’s music (I especially love “PotC” and “King Arthur”)
                    -John William’s music (HP, SW and many others)

TV-shows:
                    -Stargate Atlantis (Joel Goldsmith)
                    -Joseph LoDuca’s music (“Legend of the Seeker”, “Xena”)
                    -Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Christopher Beck)
                    sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite tracks from SGU

sigpic

Comment

Just finished my first play-through on Mass Effect 2. Great music just like the first one, especially for the final mission:

Flipping through YT and forgot how great the OST was for Gears of War 2. Haven't played 3 yet.

Steve Jablonsky - Gears of War 2 - Hope Runs Deep

Gears of War 2 - With Sympathy

Gears of War 2 - Armored Prayer

Jablonsky does great work. Love "Arrival to Earth" from Transformers and "My Name is Lincoln" from The Island.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Some of my most favourite movie soundtracks would be - Dragonheart, How to train your dragon, Tron, X-Men: First Class, The Fountain and the first Iron Man.

TV Shows - the obvious - Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica. Stargate had a great soundtrack, too (all of them). From Star Trek, except the well-known main theme, I really liked what they did with ST: Enterprise (I loved the opening theme, also "Archer´s Theme" was great).

I don´t play videogames but from what I heard, I think Skyrim was really good.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Game of Thrones season 2 has been outstanding. I'm definitely looking forward to the soundtrack release on June 19.

The Castamere theme has been brilliant, as well as the music associated with the Ironborn.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              Game of Thrones season 2 has been outstanding. I'm definitely looking forward to the soundtrack release on June 19.

The Castamere theme has been brilliant, as well as the music associated with the Ironborn.
                              And on that note...

Comment

Misfits have a great soundtrack, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Cg9CE-Js4X0

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X