Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I can't wait to see where things go in the next episode.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think episode four really upped the ante. It felt like a much more cohesive piece of storytelling to me, with hints that moved Charlie's story along nicely.

It feels like the series is starting to find its feet. I just hope we get to see what it can do.

Anyone know the Canadian ratings for this ep yet?

Oh, and where's the spoiler tag these days? I cant see it. You can tell how rarely I post here.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
        I think episode four really upped the ante. It felt like a much more cohesive piece of storytelling to me, with hints that moved Charlie's story along nicely.

It feels like the series is starting to find its feet. I just hope we get to see what it can do.

Anyone know the Canadian ratings for this ep yet?

Oh, and where's the spoiler tag these days? I cant see it. You can tell how rarely I post here.
        The canadian ratings are very good, first episode was 1,66, this was 1,55, up a bit from last week. For the spoiler write yourself [].....[/] with capital letters.They seem to be disappeared...
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

That's good news on the ratings, thanks. They seem to be holding steady in Canada at least.

Thanks also for the spoiler tag info. That was a very handy button to have!

Comment

You are welcome.
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I've been saying it for a long time, but Canada produces some of the best television in the world. If a person ever comes into a dry spell and needs something to watch they need look no further than Canadian TV. Almost every genre, but SciFi in particular, they've got it covered. I personally believe its because they have more progressive views or maybe it's just government involvement. It seems to be much easier for them to bring a show to broadcast that would never make it to pilot in the US and other places.

Of course, it seems as if everyone working in the industry in Canada wants to get their stuff to air in the US. I personally think that Lexa picked the better horse in this race with her show, but in every article I read it's all about bringing Continuum to the US. I hope they wait till people are just dieing for it in the US. Otherwise SuFy will end up with their claws in it and the show will never be the same. We've seen it time and time again. The exception seems to be Lost Girl, but we'll see.... Sorry about the mini-rant!

Comment

I was so excited about tonight's episode, but my cable went out. Now I have to hope they are reliable and put it OnDemand.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

An article about various scenarios should NBC drop the show while it's still a success in Canada:
                  http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/07...or-new-series/
                  sigpic

Comment

The one piece of news that the article doesn't mention but has been published previously, is that NBC paid basically nothing for Saving Hope. Personally I find that to be good news because that means that the Americans shouldn't have a bunch of input in so far as series II is concerned. If you don't take their money you don't have to tow the company line.

It's interesting that they mentioned the Listener as an example. It's a good parallel for more than just dollars and cents. My point being the level of the para-normal is about the same in both shows. That particular level apparently is very popular in Canada. Well, this discussion belongs in a different thread. Thanks for the link!

Comment

I LOVE Canadian TV...it's my absolutely non-guilty pleasure to watch as much as I can when I'm on vacation there....I hope Saving Hope continues for Michael's sake as I'd like him to have as much success and work as he truly deserves, but it doesn't seem like the figures are doing great in the US....

Oh well, with a break whilst the Olympics are on, it means that in just over 5 weeks' time when I'm out in Vancouver again, I get to see two more episodes "live" instead of having to "acquire" it elsewhere and wait...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

My wife and I finally got to see Thursday nights episode. It was really quite good. I really hope this show gets a second season, somewhere.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

LOVED the interaction between Michael and Shawn Doyle - they were great together and was nice to see Shawn again after Endgame was cancelled..

The chemistry between Michael and Erica continues to sizzle....it IS a bit too "schmaltzy romantic" for me in places (I'm a cynical old bat when it comes to romance ) but they truly do convey the very believable deep love the characters have for each other...

LOVING the new Head of Surgery - temporary of course, because Charlie's gonna come out of that coma for sure!..

Only quibble...please get that Maggie woman off so much of the screen...she's annoying and not a very good character imho.....she is taking up too much screen space and is starting to make me reach for the FF button in every scene she's in....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'm really loving Saving Hope. Michael was my main reason for watching the pilot, but I'm really enjoying the show as a whole as well. Like some of you said already, it's great that they're trying to create a bridge between "Ghost world" and the real world, and I really hope Alex will at one point be able to see Charlie, or maybe in one of the upcoming episodes, Charlie will succeed in having one his spirit buddies go back to the land of the living, and have them tell Alex that he's still out there (Like what he tried to do with that little kid in episode 2).

Discodiva, I completely agree with you about Maggie! She's incredibly annoying (already pissed me off in ep 1 when she didn't want to examine that female patient cause "she's fat!") and she's acting like she's the best resident in that hospital, just cause she's dating Joel (and lets face it; dating should really just be translated to "having sex with" in this case)

Comment

The last episode was pretty good. I really hope they finally
                              Spoiler:
                              bridge the gap between Charlie and Alex soon. We came so close in this one.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They've really picked it up in the last 2 eps. Heartbreakers but great eps. I hope the ratings pick up so we can get more past the intial 13 episodes.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X