Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got in from a walk in the woods and, lo and behold, Stargate is showing on some obscure ITV channel. May have to watch it just for old times sake (though it has competition, Carry On Screaming is on in five minutes "Frying tonight!")

FF
    sigpic

Comment

Meh.. it may be good with shanks in, but i am bored of hospital dramas..

Comment

Eh, the spirit thing does sound interesting but I'm never wild about hospital dramas; even if they contain GateWorld's most recognizable star.

Maybe...
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Without seeing more than the clip that's been shown, it's hard to say whether it will be worth watching. However, I didn't see anything on that clip that made it look interesting enough to watch.

Perhaps if the clip had shown something with some emotion in it, rather then boredom on the part of he actors, it might have been more tempting to watch.

Comment

To each their own boredom.
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              Well so far there's been rumours that it's been picked up by NBC, that filming starts in Toronto in March and it will air sometime during the summer....keep your eyes peeled on MSOL (link in my signature) for news ...

Deeds xx
              EEK! Not another Canadian show getting picked up by an USA station and then having to air in the summer. Though if it does well in Canada and doesn't cost too much it will still go on even if it's dropped like a hot potato in the USA. The Listener survived even if it did take longer to get a season 2 out.

At least this will give me something to watch this summer.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                EEK! Not another Canadian show getting picked up by an USA station and then having to air in the summer. Though if it does well in Canada and doesn't cost too much it will still go on even if it's dropped like a hot potato in the USA. The Listener survived even if it did take longer to get a season 2 out.

At least this will give me something to watch this summer.
                I'm hoping it will be shown here in the UK, but we'll probably have to wait longer than the summer.

Still, it'll be worth the wait. Michael, Erica and Daniel look like a good team. It's nice to see Michael getting exposure that isn't genre-based. This could bring him to a wider audience and that's a good thing.

Comment

Well it's defininitely been picked up for NBC's Summer Schedule...confirmed by the Hollywood Reporter today.....

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

Filming commences shortly...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

More and more news sites picking up on the "Saving Hope" news...MSOL has all the details and links available to read...

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml
                    sigpic

Comment

I will definitely give this show a shot when it airs on NBC.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very excited that we'll have some brand spanking new photos of Michael soon hopefully...

https://twitter.com/#!/agency71/stat...26114979966976

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

How exciting. A new show for me to start up! And it has the wonderful M. Shanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Interesting that the article has him being in Stargate Atlantis, rather than SG1, since he only appeared in SGA a few times. Oh well.
                            It's a familiarity thing. Writers as they call themselves, credit actors with recent work as opposed to their most known work.

When do we get to see the pilot? Is that really the premise? He's a doctor in a coma and while he's alive he's haunting the hospital? A soap as well? Unfortunately this sounds like a post Stargate project I don't want to see.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by dacooker
                            The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Oh well, there's plenty of us that are looking forward to it.....it's slated for the NBC summer schedule but no given date yet.......doubt there'll be big hopes for high ratings, but some of us are rooting for Michael and thrilled that he's finally got a chance at another series...

Photo shoots today.....in this Tweet it looks like he's gonna be wearing that tuxedo for a looooong time!....either till he's dead or they decide he's going to wake up!..

https://twitter.com/#!/agency71/stat...253312/photo/1

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                                Photo shoots today.....in this Tweet it looks like he's gonna be wearing that tuxedo for a looooong time!....either till he's dead or they decide he's going to wake up!..

https://twitter.com/#!/agency71/stat...253312/photo/1

Deeds xx
                                Thanks for the picture and keeping us up to date.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X