Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a girlfriend who was a Greys Anatomy junkie. It was an eye opener as I really thought it was only sci-fi that produced that type of fan. Guess I was a bit naive. Anyway, for a while I watched a lot of Greys. Looking at it through those Grey's eyes, Saving Hope is much better TV. I was a bit concerned with the direction SH was going in, in fact I think the writers were too. But now I think they've hit on a formula that works. The new episodes this year are impressive and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to see what happens next. Some of you, tho, might be very unhappy with this turn of events. Anybody else surprised, at least a little?

Comment

So, I was watching thisTV show with doctors and hopeless love story with a guy in a coma (I could say I'm following it, actively - for the parnormal side, not for the "Grey's anatomy "side), I already saw few episodes and today I was like "is this Daniel???" (weird, it was his voice that triggered the epiphany)
      Thanks for this thread, guys. Lots of info.

And, wow, the main actress was in Smallvile? I loved that show, but I didn't recognized her either. My vision must sucks.
      Last edited by zbir; 12 January 2014, 01:36 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I will say one thing for this production....their surgery scenes are absolutely amazing!!!....gruesome yes, but sooooo well done....

And all the actors play their parts fantastically...it is truly like watching a real operation....

As for the latest episode (remember I "get" mine a little later than some ) well I have thoughts and feelings, some good, some bad....but I will keep those private to myself atm...

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          I will say one thing for this production....their surgery scenes are absolutely amazing!!!....gruesome yes, but sooooo well done....

And all the actors play their parts fantastically...it is truly like watching a real operation....
          No kidding, did that just happen this year? I can't recall if they were quite this explicit before. Also, they are basically anatomically correct. It is yet another way from which their separating themselves from similar shows. Although there really isn't a similar show, is there? Sometimes I'll watch 7/8th's of an episode and forget that there's a whole other component, then presto, there it is.

I'm curious, was the show actually canceled in the US? I wonder if new episodes will be available there on Netflix? I'm going to be spending 4 months south of the border and I wonder if I need to allow some space for it on my DVR?

Comment

NBC didn't even bother to air the final 2 episodes of the first season....I'm not sure if "cancellation" was announced, probably more like "non-renewal" I guess....and so far atm no other network in the US has picked it up....

Which I think is a great shame....I do think that S.2 is more "gory" but very realistic and it's finding it's feet as a drama...I'm very glad it's got a S.3 to at least see where they go after 2 quite different seasons....

And I'm never averse to a bit of Michael Shanks on my tv regularly....

Deeds xx
            sigpic

Comment

In watching last night's episode, it struck me that they are using the lighting technique a bit differently or more liberally as the show goes on. I'm talking about the light that can be seen in the middle of discodiva's sig. Maybe they've always done it, but last night, in several scenes it was there without any apparent source. Normally, there is a lamp or a window present that could be the light source. But last night, there it was shining from the end of a bookshelf or other unusual places. It was noticeable, which made me curious as to why?

With the end of this series right around the corner I'm really anxious to see how they leave it. I think Charlie is at the big crossroads and the show is too. Can't wait to see what direction they go.

Comment

Season Finale tonight on CTV...Michael and the cast have been tweeting/retweeting and promo'ing up to the final countdown...

Wonder what happens eh?

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

Well my Twitter timeline was FULL of tweets & retweets from Michael when I woke up this morning...I haven't "acquired" the episode yet so I can't comment with my own thoughts....he did say that filming began again in June so we have quite a wait till S.3 ...this pleases me as hopefully it means he has free time for his attendance at Fedcon with RDA and AT still...

As much as I enjoy Saving Hope, because it's a fresh and different approach (most of the time) to the normal hospital soap opera/drama - thanks in the main to Michael's great acting & the character of Charlie Harris - my heart still belongs to Daniel Jackson and Stargate SG-1 ...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

Whoa!!! That had to be the mother of all cliff-hangers! After last weeks episode, I was kind of wondering about what the overall plan might be moving forward. But last night's episode removed all doubt which way this show was headed. Well done.

My feelings about this show have oscillated since its inception. They have found their stride now, on multiple fronts. I'm really anxious to see where it goes from here. The cast has become impressive and regardless of how it's classified, it's become a solid show. Medical drama? I guess, but so much more. Michael Shanks really shows some range with Charlie Harris.

The last 5 minutes of this finale was some good television. I hope everybody finds a way to catch this season, it's well worth watching!

Comment

Well I saw the Finale and I must say that Michael's acting was amazing once again...where does that man find it?...he was brilliant.....I LOVE the how the whole cast pulls together to make this the most realistic hospital drama I've ever watched....it's like being right in the middle of A&E with them when I watch it...

I do like all the actors together but I have to say my favs are without a doubt Michael, Michelle Nolden who plays his ex-wife Dawn and Benjamin Ayres as Zac in A&E..they all seem to have an ease about them which makes their characters and relationships so believable....I hope they are ALL back for S.3, I'm pretty sure they are.....

I struggle sometimes with Erica....I don't quite believe her character totally...whether this is because she's being given soooo much angst and drama that she can't quite cope with the acting of it or that the character seems a little bit of a "Mary Sue" I'm not sure....I DO believe her and Charlie's love though...both her and Michael gel well.....and he has that knack of looking into the eyes & holding the face that would make any woman believe that he adores them..

Great finale....cannot wait for S.3 - but as Michael tweeted that they won't be filming till June I guess it's not until the Fall Season that we'll see the outcome to that heart-stopping cliff-hanger!!!

Deeds xx
                      sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the start of filming for S3, I wonder how Daniel Gillies handles it? Elijah has a pretty prominent role in the Originals and it appears as if both shows are going to be on the same schedule now. What do you want to bet he's written out of Saving Hope? I rather like him in both shows, but I'm sure the money and the exposures favors the Originals. Be interesting to see how that one gets worked out, too.

Comment

Michael and two of the Showrunners did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on ReDDit today/tonight...it was a hoot for some of us...

Some good Q's & A's there and Michael did say he'd go back and answer any additional unanswered questions put on there afterwards some time...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...wyn/?limit=500

Not too spoilery..mainly vague ideas for next Season and a few "quips" from Michael....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

According to Michael's Reddit chat yesterday, (thanks for the pointer, Deeds!) it looks like season three of Saving Hope will be screened from September.

Not long to wait. That's very good news!

Next season, I'm hoping for more Charlie (naturally!) feisty Dawn, acerbic Dana, Shahir and Gavin. I can do without the Charlie/Alex sugary-sweet "OMG they're meant to be together" nonsense but it seems more romance is on the cards, according to the writers. And I have to say the whole Charlie/Alex/Joel thing isn't really working for me.

On the whole though, it's a fine show.

Comment

Those of you not in Canada probably never read the Examiner. Saving Hope is reviewed during its season by Tiffany Tchobanian. She probably recaps and reviews this show better than anyone on the planet. She also is in contact with the Exec Producers and other principles from the show. In her review of the finale, she offers some pretty wild thoughts on where the show is headed. Those that haven't seen this last series should definitely not read this article.

http://www.examiner.com/article/savi...alerts_article

I had thought the show had left the SPN a bit during the 2cd half of the season. She explains why and what's on tap for the future....

Comment

I'm not particularly sure if anyone is interested, but I read an article that discussed Daniel Gillies having 2 roles, one in Canada and the other in the US. I had thought he might drop Saving Hope and stick with the Originals, but I was wrong. This past season the reason he spent so much time in his coffin on the Originals was because he was filming Saving Hope. I guess he plans to continue both shows if it can be worked out. It's interesting to me as Clare Holt just left the Originals and she was a main character. Wonder how they are going to go about filling the void left by her departure. Especially since Gillies is still committed to Saving Hope.

Ought to be interesting. To me anyway, but thought I would post it anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X