Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were never trying to please a US network in the first place.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Just seen it...really enjoyed it ...for me probably the best episode of the series.... have a few suspicions as to how the next series could play out and look forward to seeing if my warped little brain is similar to the writers'...

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        They were never trying to please a US network in the first place.
        And they did a fine job of it! I know that they were able to air the show for essentially nothing. However, I would think the way that they cut it early, they managed to piss off what fans the show had. That couldn't be considered a good move regardless of what their intentions were originally.

My feeling is that this one will end up being a hit after a couple series. It's just been a slow starter. Be interesting to see if SyFy wants to sink their hooks in it after another year? Doubtful, but possible!

Comment

The show is 90% medical drama and 10% fantasy. I would say its more likely to be picked by a channel like TNT. As for the fans it doesn't really matter to NBC if they angered them if its not making money. No matter what a channel does their decisions anger people
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I was pleased with the finale. Nice twists and yes, I can see how they can now continue.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

i'm watching the finale on nbc online. sooo many commercials that you can't go past.

i've tried fast-forwarding, but that messes up the streaming. i'll let you know what i think of the finale.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

My wife and I haven't watched the final episode of the season just yet. Hopefully very soon.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

spoilers for season ender

Spoiler:
                  i enjoyed the ep! very happy he woke up!! i was surprised about that woman being a ghost. poor charlie (i almost wrote daniel ). and poor alex waiting for charlie to show up for the wedding!

too bad i won't be able to watch this next season. i hope i can at least find out what's going on.

of course, not having this series on a network leaves room for more reality shows. the joy and excitement that gives me is just extreme. /sarcasm
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

My wife and I really enjoyed the season finale. Very interesting ending for sure.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Here's an article that MS tweeted this morning about other countries picking up Saving Hope:
                      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...secures-375708
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep and the lucky beggar gets to go to Cannes next week to schmooze and booze and help get more sales hopefully!..he'll be there with his co-stars Erica Durance and Daniel Gillies...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope when Season 2 starts, Saving Hope continues to do well in at least Canada.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Michael, Erica and Daniel are now attending MIPCOM in Cannes - a few photos are filtering through from this event....they can be found all over Tumblr and Twitter and I'm sure more will be coming through the week...for now a link at Yahoo has one picture credited to Eric Gaillard of Reuters...

http://tinyurl.com/8toezm2

Fingers crossed they have lots of success selling Saving Hope worldwide to continue the success it's had in Canada elsewhere....I'm still hoping for a UK sale this week....come on Sky - you know you want to!!!

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

One more photo call before I head to bed....

http://www.bta.bg/en/gallery/image/373776

Nice to see the "Gordie Howe Hairline" growing back slowly

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

MSOL has an interview with Michael and Erica from MIPCOM now up on the site ....

Head to the Home Page and follow the links to the Multimedia Sections to view/load the clip...

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

Deeds xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X