Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news for those of us watching and enjoying Saving Hope.

It's just been renewed for a second season! Gotta love those good Canadian ratings, eh?

Details here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...seasons-354424

This makes me very happy.

Congrats to Michael, Erica, Daniel and Co.

Comment

Good news for fans - at least in Canada!
      http://bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/r...15368&test=yes

Toronto, ON (July 25, 2012) – CTV announced today full-season orders of its hit original dramas THE LISTENER and SAVING HOPE as both series break mid-season for London 2012 this week. The network ordered a 13-episode fourth season of international hit THE LISTENER from Shaftesbury, and a 13-episode second season of this summer’s #1 drama SAVING HOPE from ICF Films/Entertainment One.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
        WOO HOO!!!

http://bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/r...15368&test=yes

Saving Hope renewed for another 13 episode season next year!.....

Congratulations to Michael, Erica, Daniel and all the cast and crew!

So very happy for him....

Deeds xx
        Hah! We posted at the same time!

Great news, eh? Made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
          Hah! We posted at the same time!

Great news, eh? Made my day.

Well why shouldn't we celebrate?.....it's been a long time coming for him and I'm thrilled...

Twitter will be mental today!!...

Hope he's not too hungover from the BouquetMovie being wrapped...he'll have to go out and start celebrating again!!!..

And even if NBC don't pick it up again, I don't really care...as long as I can get to see it (somehow ) and it's a nice paycheck for Michael I'm happy...

Deeds xx *doing a little happy dance*
          Last edited by discodiva; 25 July 2012, 07:20 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Good News, Fifth Man! I'm breathing easier!

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
              Good News, Fifth Man! I'm breathing easier!
              Yeah, that is really good news. Even if NBC doesn't pick up the Season 2 episodes, at least my wife and I will eventually be able to see it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just finished watching a couple of seasons of a Canadian show called "The Listener". There are some parallels with Saving Hope and this show. Mostly in that both shows were given a shot on American TV and neither show was particularly effective south of the border. However, both shows are very popular in Canada. The Listener is about a guy who has some pre-cognitive abilities and gets flashes of future events. Listener is just about finished with its third series. Although there are character changes each year, the basic premise of the show remains constant. I maintain that American audiences tend to not be satisfied with the status-quo and need to have a show's main plot progress or else they lose interest. Just something that's been going through my head as I watch both shows. Regardless, I'm happy that SH gets another year!

Comment

Now we have to wait as the olympics blocks a good show. Does anyone even care about the olympics anymore?

Comment

no. over here in the land of oz the olympics is taking up 14 stations. 14! and others are running two week marathons of simpsons and crap like that. thank you god for dvd box sets and xbox!

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      Now we have to wait as the olympics blocks a good show. Does anyone even care about the olympics anymore?

Yes, I do. (And I know I'm not alone or NBC wouldn't be dedicating so much airtime to it. Hell, look what happened to the National Conventions. It's all about the advertising dollars.)
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Well for this Brit, yes I do...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

As a proud Brit and sports fan, yes, I do.

I can wait a couple of weeks for the next episode, especially now we know the show's been renewed (yay!) and that NBC and CTV have confirmed that it will be back on August 16.

Loved this week's ep, by the way. Very strong performances from Michael, Erica and Joel.

Comment

And I'll be in Vancouver and able to watch it live on CTV on the date of it's return!!...squeeeee!!!..

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                              Loved this week's ep, by the way. Very strong performances from Michael, Erica and Joel.

Great to see Brian Markinson in it as well...he's a really great actor and of course the SG-1 connections keep on coming...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                                I just finished watching a couple of seasons of a Canadian show called "The Listener". There are some parallels with Saving Hope and this show. Mostly in that both shows were given a shot on American TV and neither show was particularly effective south of the border. However, both shows are very popular in Canada. The Listener is about a guy who has some pre-cognitive abilities and gets flashes of future events. Listener is just about finished with its third series. Although there are character changes each year, the basic premise of the show remains constant. I maintain that American audiences tend to not be satisfied with the status-quo and need to have a show's main plot progress or else they lose interest. Just something that's been going through my head as I watch both shows. Regardless, I'm happy that SH gets another year!
                                The Listener has another Stargate alum in it - Rainbow Sun Francks (Ford in SGA)!
                                Happy that Canada keeps some of our SG folks in the public eye.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X