Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) News/Discussion/Speculation (SPOILERS S9/Finale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind. I read it on the How I Met Your Mother wikia and those unreliable
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I saw the promo for the finale on Big Bang Theory last night.
      sigpic

Comment

look good?
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Indeed it does, I can't wait to see it tonight. I know I have my hopes up that at Barney's wedding we'll actually learn something substantial about the Mother, we'll see...

I'm hoping they stop stringing us along next season and actually show Ted and "the Mother" meeting, dating, falling in love and all of that!
          sigpic

Comment

Saw the finale tonight. It was good. I like the baby's name, though I kind of already figured his first name.

Spoiler:
            Mavin Wait-For-It Eriksen

I like the door story that they told Lily to distract her from the pain. Funny. All and all, good episodes.
            sigpic

Comment

Lily Aldrin: He Naked-Muggered You?
              Barney Stinson: Im Not Gonna ask where he's keeping the gun
              Ted Mosby: Are You Sure It Was A Gun?
              sigpic

Comment

Marshall Erikson: Ranjet, screw gregor's take us to Coney Island
                Ranjet: Screwing gregor's going to Coney Island
                sigpic

Comment

Barney Stinson: My Favorite 2 fish are the sucker fish and the blow fish
                  sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the season finale surprised about who the bride was but then i guess like ted said we shouldn't really be surprised
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 May 2012, 03:56 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

when was finale on? (in Aus)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        I really enjoyed the season finale surprised about who the bride was but then i guess like ted said we shouldn't really be surprised
                        I saw it coming a mile a way. It was kind of obvious giving the way the stories have developed recently. That was the only downside. I was cracking up the rest of the hour. I loved the jokes
                        Spoiler:
                        comparing Lily to a horse
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

M: At least an 8 Ted

T: What is this?

M: Your problem and what Marvin left in his diaper are both a soft 2.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wait For It...
                            sigpic

Comment

News about whether next season will be the last

You can only do so much planning for next season, though, because you don't know whether it's the final one.

You've hit upon a big issue for us. This is were business meets art. Right now, it's about actor deals and negotiations, and things we should know more about in the next few months. We're already breaking stories [for season eight] now, and it's tough not knowing if we're writing one or two more seasons ... it will affect what we're doing next year. So the hardest part is not quite knowing.

If you and Carter had the power to make the choice between eight or nine seasons, which would you choose?

It's going to be heartbreaking whenever it ends. Could it be a great ending after eight seasons? Yes. Could it be a great ending after nine seasons? Yes. But I won't say whether we're leaning one way or the other. When we were launching the show, we always thought eight seasons would be great for what we were trying to do. So eight would be awesome. But we just came off our best ratings year. We still think we have great stories to tell. I don't know. It's hard to say good-bye. I'm hoping we'll know soon, and whatever happens, I think we can wrap up the story in a great way. But if season eight is the last one, I'd want to announce it by [the time of the TV Critics Association summer press tour in July], and tell people, "Watch these last 24 episodes."
                              sigpic

Comment

From a ratings standpoint I can't consider cancellation. The show is one of CBS highest rated shows. I suppose production values could be getting high. Thats is what kills a lot of the more populat shows. I really would like it go more then 8 seasons. I can see them doing Barney's wedding in the season but I really don't want the series finale to be just Ted meeting his future wife at Barney's wedding. I would like to see some time of development showing that relationship grow
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X