BBC's Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
    Sorry guess I'll put some of the plot in spoilers if some people haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
    Yea, the cab dude was predictable and lame. Thought his spiel was going to be more than pick a pill or I keel you. Really hate all the texty phone crap he does, was hoping he'd be sorta old fashioned taking on the modern world and besting it. The not knowing the solar system thing was freakin hilarious. Wow, Watson's a great marksman.

Guess I'm the only one that really didn't like Moriarty too much. Eh, think that plot was a little too fast and should have been more of a epic large plotarc. Still, this is an awesome show. Just hope Moriarty storyline isn't wrapped up quickly.
    I didn't like him either. I do like that he's Irish though.

Spoiler:
    I got the idea that the character was somewhat like Doctor Who's The Master, but ultimately ended up being slightly more annoying and not as an enjoyable to watch as John Simm. I think it was the voice, because I couldn't tell if I watching someone English doing a bad Irish accent, or someone Irish doing a bad English accent. Plus when it got high pitched, it was hard to imagine watching Moriarty when he did that high pitched whine

sigpic

Comment

I didn't like the final episode much (actually preferred the middle one more, which I thought was flawed), but I can't quite put my finger on what didn't work for me other than
      Spoiler:
      Moriarty.

Still looking forward to new episodes though, hope we get another Moffatt-penned episode.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Don't really watch the BBC much but how long is a typical show's season on BBC? I know Dr. Who is really short. Like 13 episodes?

Comment

Don't really watch the BBC much but how long is a typical show's season on BBC? I know Dr. Who is really short. Like 13 episodes?
          Actually a lot of Beeb shows have six or eight episode seasons, so Who probably isn't that short. There's a lot of variation, but we tend not to have North American length seasons.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Dang, they should make that longer. I gather that it's on some kind of hiatus right now?

Comment

Sherlock is only 3 episodes long, but it's episode is 90 minutes long so it's the equivalent of 6 standard 45 minute episodes. It's the worst thing about the BBC, that they good shows only last about half a dozen episodes (regardless of length) but the crap ones get 3 episodes a week.

sigpic

Comment

On the plus side, you don't often get 'filler' episodes, so it's sort of a trade-off.
                sigpic

Comment

I like filler episodes sometimes, no one of the reasons I like this show is because of its relative intelligence and it promotes intelligence. They should just show more shows such as this instead of shows about you know, all that reality crap, and other crap. You know what I'm talking about.

I have to say, the beginning of that third episode was awesome, the bomb dropped out of nowhere.

Sherlock had a lot of cases in the original works. I'd like to see one where Watson has to solve it by himself without the prodding or guidance of Sherlock. Would be great.

Comment

I like filler episodes sometimes, no one of the reasons I like this show is because of its relative intelligence and it promotes intelligence. They should just show more shows such as this instead of shows about you know, all that reality crap, and other crap. You know what I'm talking about.
                    Oh yes.

I have to say, the beginning of that third episode was awesome, the bomb dropped out of nowhere.

Sherlock had a lot of cases in the original works. I'd like to see one where Watson has to solve it by himself without the prodding or guidance of Sherlock. Would be great.
                    I can't imagine it as a main plot (unless the case is actually to do with Sherlock), but I can see it as a subplot, with Watson spending the whole episode trying to solve just one case on his own, and at the very end Sherlock casually leans over his shoulder and goes 'Oh, she did it with the blah blah blah because blah blah blah'.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well they sort of did that with that last episode, but more meant Watson trying to work things out using the knowledge of deduction that Sherlock uses, you know to provide a bit more insight for us 'less than Holme's intelligence'. I'm still waiting for him to say, eyes and ears Watson. Or has he said that?

Comment

I would like Watson to solve an episode that involves Holmes in danger, as opposed to something like last week with Watson trying to solve it, but Holmes figuring it within 5 minutes but never saying anything. At least if Holmes isn't around, he can't show up and spoil it.

sigpic

Comment

May be Homes needs to be in a suicide vest next time, having to rely of Watson an the detective an his brother to figure out the clues to rescue him. Of cause the last depends of whether his brother is busy rigging a other election in a other country or some other plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            On the plus side, you don't often get 'filler' episodes, so it's sort of a trade-off.
                            True, but then we have to wait even longer for the next series. So say Stargate = 20 episodes = 22 Stargateless weeks, Dr Who = 13 episodes = 29 Dr Wholess weeks. That's a whole extra 7 tvshowless weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              True, but then we have to wait even longer for the next series. So say Stargate = 20 episodes = 22 Stargateless weeks, Dr Who = 13 episodes = 29 Dr Wholess weeks. That's a whole extra 7 tvshowless weeks.
                              On more than occasion has Stargate went for 10 weekly episodes, followed by anything from a three month gap to almost seven months, then the final 10 episodes are aired. It wasn't just Stargate though, as they could show part 1 of a season of say SG1, followed by part 1 from a season of BSG, then the second part of SG1, then the second part of BSG. So right away, two shows are being screwed.

Doctor Who as a whole wasn't so bad. 13 weeks of Who, 13 weeks of Torchwood, 10 weeks of Sarah Jane Adventures, plus the Christmas Special. That's at least 37 weeks of something Who on the air. The only problem is not liking one of the three shows (Not a fan of SJA myself). It just went down the tubes when Torchwood did only 5 episodes in a week then seemingly got cancelled and Tennant went from 13 and a Christmas special, to four "specials" (half of which weren't specials at all).

Unfortunately this is the problem with running a show on a commerical free, non premium channel. Limited budget means they can only do so much and they'd rather run

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                                But we also don't have mid-season hiatuses etc in the UK schedule, or pre-emptions for sporting events etc. Once a show starts, it generally runs through the season, one episode a week, until they've all been shown. US TV schedules can be crazy... Stargate isn't too badly affected but shows like House used to drive me mad.... I can clearly remember one season where for most of the season the show was never on for more than two weeks in a row! Fox managed to stretch a 22 episode season from September through to May!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X