Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank your shows...Which shows are most important to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're all my favourites. That's why I watch 'em.

Tier 1 (Favourites that ended): Angel, Farscape, Lost, SGA, SG1, Reaper, Dollhouse, Firefly, 24, Arrested Development, Scrubs... I know I forgot one or two.

Tier 1 (Favourites That're Still Ongoing): Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, True Blood, Entourage, How I Met Your Mother, House, Castle, SGU, Caprica, V, NCIS, Fringe, Futurama, Supernatural, Torchwood and Doctor Who.

Working On Adding to Tier 1: Eureka (Just gotta catch up the episodes).
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Tier 1 AKA God Tier
      24, Alias, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica (RDM), Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Chuck, Dexter, Doctor Who, Fraiser, Fringe, LOST, Modern Family, Stargate Sg-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries

Tier 2 - good to ok
      American Dad, Blake 7, Dollhouse, Entourage, Glee, Heroes, Hogans Heroes, Kyle XY, Legend of The Seeker, Married With Children, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Persons Unknown, Power Rangers, Ranma 1/2, Sanctuary, Smallville, Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Gates, True Blood, V, Warehouse 13, White Collar

Tier 3 - Could be Better/animated
      AHH real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Batman The Brave and the Bold, Cheers, Code Geass, Digimon, Family Guy, Friends, Futurama, Hercules The Legendary Journies, Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman, Sliders, Spiderman The Animated Series, Star Wars The Clone Wars, The Cleveland Show, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Simpsons, Will & Grace, Wolverine And The X-men, Wrestling shows, X-men The Animated Series, Xena Warrior Princess

Tier 4 - Shows i will be Checking out in the back half of 2010
      Covert Affairs (still have to watch the premier), Nikita, No Ordinary Family, Shat my dad says, The Event, Undercovers

Ter 5 - shows i might check out
      Angel, Being Human, Eureka, NCIS (i watch an episode every known again but would like to maybe make it a regular), Torchwood, X-files,

I believe thats everything
      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 14 July 2010, 03:53 AM.
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Tier I: Absolute Favourites
        Sanctuary, Scrubs, Deadliest Catch, Supernatural, Bones, The IT Crowd, Bones

Tier II: Greats
        Deadwood, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, The X-Files, Stargate Atlantis (first 4 season only), The Tudors, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Tangled, Love My Way, Breaking Bad, Son's of Anarchy, Betwitched, M*A*S*H, The Simpsons, Dexter, True Blood, Farscape

Tier II.5: Not as good as Great, but better than Good
        Family Guy, Mighty Boosh, Torchwood, Dr Who, Friends, Dhama and Greg, Mad About you

Tier III: Good
        Californication, Hung, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I watch but might quit
        Grey's Anatomy

Tier V: Interested in Starting
        Sex and the City

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit/wish I hadn't bothered (or both):
        Stargate Universe
        sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

a sort of 'of all time' list:

TIER I - Favorites. SGU, Millenium, X-Files, Lone Gunmen, Farscape, Firefly, B5, Brimstone, Strange Luck, Lie to Me, House, Criminal Minds, Oz, Supernatural, Chuck

TIER II - Good/Great shows. Bones, Defying Gravity, Third Watch, Various CSI, Various Law and Order, Doctor Who, SG1, Various Star Treks, Midsomer Murders, Rent-a-Goalie, Trailer Park Boys

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. Not many in this list but here goes...currently - Hell's Kitchen, Haven (which I have hopes for) and Deadliest Warriors

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I never watch bubble tv. Even with the stuff above, I've either got it on disc or dvr. I don;t usually just have the tv on.
          TIER V - Possible shows. I haven't seen anything yet to start that's really caught my interest.
          Last edited by xxxevilgrinxxx; 14 July 2010, 02:23 PM.
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

TIER I - Supernatural

TIER II - Justified, Smallville, Caprica, Stargate: SGU (I think it has a lot of potential), Deadliest Catch, Mythbusters, Survivor (guilty pleasure "reality" show), Ninja Warrior (called Sasuke in Japan), South Park, The Soup (yeah it's a clip show but you watch this and you don't have to watch all the other garbage on tv because it's been nicely condensed into this show )

TIER III - V, Burn Notice, Human Target, The Amazing Race

TIER IV - I don't have any bubble shows atm because I gave up on them...like Heroes back in S3. SGA was here but I stuck it out till the end.

TIER V - Hawaii Five-0, Rubicon, Rizzoli & Isles, Lone Star (it's named after me, I have to ), Nikita

TIER VI - All-time favs: Farscape, BSG, Firefly, Angel, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Lost, Babylon 5, Seinfeld, SG-1, The X-Files

Other favs:
            Third Watch, NewsRadio, Quantum Leap, TNG, DS9, Space: Above and Beyond, 24, Gilligan's Island

Other other favs: SGA (out of loyalty to S1), The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, JAG, Highlander, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers (and I was college age when watching all those cartoons ), and a whole bunch of other stuff if I just kept going.....

TIER VII
            - Want to see/catch up on: Dexter, Doctor Who (new series only. watched the first 2 or 3 seasons and then lost track of it), Fringe (started and stopped but heard it got better), NCIS (watch this mostly in repeats on USA channel), Bones (S4/5), Carnivale, Deadwood, Life on Mars (UK & US), Community, Dollhouse (S2), Chuck, White Collar
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 14 July 2010, 04:06 PM.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Don't really know how to rank them, since some shows started out great but got crap at the end (I'm looking at you, Heroes). So, I'll list the shows that I liked very much, with BSG being the absolute top of course

BSG, SG1, SGA, SGU, Caprica, Spartacus, The Big Bang Theory, Scrubs, South Park, Heroes, Dexter, House.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I didn't put in past shows because that seems to clutter up the lists and then you can't see which shows people are watching now

Tier 1 - Don't Miss
                Being Human, The Good Wife

Tier 2 - Try hard not to miss

Castle, Lie to Me, Royal Pains, Parking Wars

Tier 3 - Good but not the end of the world if I miss it
                Burn Notice, CSI: NY, Hawthorne, Parenthood (this started out in Tier 1 but being opposite The Good Wife, I recorded both and about 2/3 into the season never got around to watching the rest of the eps)

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I used to watch regulary, but faded away and only watch occasionally
                Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, Family Guy (I prefer the earlier seasons)

Tier 5: Shows I watch when I remember they are on and aren't watching anything else
                Pawn Stars, Mythbusters, Eureka, South Park, Ace of Cakes

Tier New: New Shows I'm giving a try but haven't decided yet
                Haven, Rizzoli and Isles, The Glades, Rookie Blue

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit or wish I hadn't bothered:

Bones, V 2009, Torchwood
                Last edited by Thunderstorm; 14 July 2010, 03:10 PM.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Tier I: Stargate Universe, any leeds rhinos match

Tier II : Chuck, True Blood, Fringe, Lie to me, Dr who

Tier III: Family guy, American dad

Tier IV: Simpson's, Modern family

Tier V: Battlestar galactica ( i want to try it )

Tier VI: Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, 24, Lost, X-files, farscape, firefly. Are all shows i still love.
                  Last edited by Promethius30; 14 July 2010, 03:18 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                  Metal gear fan

Comment

TIER I - Must-see. NCIS, Criminal Minds

TIER II - Shows that are OK and can wait a couple of days.SG:U

TIER III - Old great/good/moderately enjoyable shows.Battlestar Galactica (the newer one), SG:1, M*A*S*H, Arrested Development, SG:A, Star Trek, Boston Legal, The Unit.

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I don't bother with bubble shows.

TIER V - Possible shows. None at the moment.
                    Disciple sift through lies, few grains of truth behold
                    Explorer specter rise, the dream that brought you low

Comment

Sgu
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This topic is a bit old but I love the idea so...

TIER I - Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13, Ringer, The X-Files

TIER II - Castle, The Mentalist, Psych, Star Trek: Enterprise, the Sarah Jane Adventures, Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Sherlock, Rizzoli & Isles, Grimm

TIER III - Monk, CSI: NY, Dinotopia, Once Upon A Time, BTVS

TIER IV - Bones

TIER V - Star Trek: TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, Farscape

Comment

TIER I - Favorites. Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Farscape, Burn Notice, House M.D., American Pickers, Deadliest Catch, Terra Nova, Law & Order: SVU, Mythbusters, Top Shot (History Channel), Pawn Stars, Restaurant: Impossible (Food Network), Dirty Jobs, Dogs 101 (Animal Planet), Ice Road Truckers (History Channel)

TIER II - Good/Great shows. Battlestar Galactica (new series), Eureka, Iron Chef America, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Fatal Attractions (Animal Planet), Swamp People (History Channel), Chopped (Food Network), Cash Cab, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Boston Legal

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. The Sing-Off, American Chopper (Discovery Channel), IRT: Dangerous Roads, Cupe Cake Wars (Food Network), Food Network Challenge, Unwrapped (Food Network)

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I dunno. I almost gave up on House M.D., but then it started getting good again, and it's now one of my favorites. Most of thes type shows I already gave up on. I've given up on DWTS and American Idol along time ago. I tried watching X Factor, but gave up on that right after the first episode.

TIER V - Possible shows. NCIS, American Guns (Discovery Channel), Sons of Guns (Discovery Channel)
                          Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 28 November 2011, 06:33 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Favorites: Sanctuary, Stargate SG1, The X-Files, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager

Good/Great ones: Warehouse 13, Doctor Who, Alphas, When Weather Changed History, Planet Earth, American Idol, The Twilight Zone, Stargate Atlantis

Not sure I have anything that qualifies for the other categories.

Comment

Of shows currently airing on tv:

TIER I - The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Nikita

TIER II - Person of Interest, The Amazing Race, Doctor Who, Being Human (US)

TIER III - Ringer, American Pickers

TIER IV - Terra Nova

TIER V - Alcatraz
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X