No announcement yet.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was a beautifully made episode, perhaps one of the best of the whole series. Everything was exceptionally well done. And the call back to all the major people lost was also quite fitting...It would have been ridiculous to have only mentioned Crixus.

I don't think I have ever been more excited and more saddened for a "next episode"...

Edit:

The final episode preview...

Last edited by Gen. Chris; 06 April 2013, 03:03 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I never cared for the Agron/Nasir thing (which, imo, came out of nowhere) but manly tears were shed when they were reunited. The homage to fallen comrades was great, too.

Solid ep overall.

My body is ready for the finale.

Comment

Ready or not, this amazing show concludes this Friday night. Nothing will make me miss this monumental final hour of Spartacus. Whatever happens, I hope it is a well told ending.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Two more days...

Manly tears will be shed at the conclusion of such an epic series.

It's a shame that as Liam finally grows into the role, the series ends. But I am glad the show went on. They had an okay second season with Vengeance, but I believe it cannot be denied that War of the Damned has been relatively on par with the first season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was a beautifully made episode, perhaps one of the best of the whole series. Everything was exceptionally well done. And the call back to all the major people lost was also quite fitting...It would have been ridiculous to have only mentioned Crixus.

I don't think I have ever been more excited and more saddened for a "next episode"...

Edit:

The final episode preview...

[video=youtube;oRT_JtSaRHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT_JtSaRHg[/vieo]
            I second this....that ep was I think one of the best of the series! It had everything in it from the call back to the days of the arena, the delicious surprise plot attack on Tiberius....the vengeance they got to serve up to the ROmans in the "Games" and even Kore got her revenge. Sorta sad that Naevia didn't get to exact her revenge onto Tiberius...but lets face it....she PAWNED him .....so....that was awesome too The little sissy sickly boy!

Then to finish it up with the pyre burning of Crixus' remains and them all chanting....sort of took me back the BSG when Starbuck held up her mug to all the fallen pilots in Scar....sent chills. I think it was awesome they mentioned all the fallen heroes there....such a fitting tribute to all of them.

And if that all wasn't enough....we still got gratuitous Caesar sex and the awesome reunion of Argon and Nasir......but just a little gripe on that .... seriously after seeing the previews of the finale...it looks as though Argon is up and all cleaned up and ready for battle.... I mean seriously how could he hold a sword after being nailed up for his failed crucifixion? I mean really? I feel that is a bit much ...but we'll see I guess.

And I can't wait and I have a feeling after watching Friday I'm going to a weeping heap in the fetal position on the floor but I can't wait
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

It could be a while between episodes...in theory Agron could hold a sword and shield, it would just be exceptionally painful.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                I second this....that ep was I think one of the best of the series! It had everything in it from the call back to the days of the arena, the delicious surprise plot attack on Tiberius....the vengeance they got to serve up to the ROmans in the "Games" and even Kore got her revenge. Sorta sad that Naevia didn't get to exact her revenge onto Tiberius...but lets face it....she PAWNED him .....so....that was awesome too The little sissy sickly boy!

Then to finish it up with the pyre burning of Crixus' remains and them all chanting....sort of took me back the BSG when Starbuck held up her mug to all the fallen pilots in Scar....sent chills. I think it was awesome they mentioned all the fallen heroes there....such a fitting tribute to all of them.

And if that all wasn't enough....we still got gratuitous Caesar sex and the awesome reunion of Argon and Nasir......but just a little gripe on that .... seriously after seeing the previews of the finale...it looks as though Argon is up and all cleaned up and ready for battle.... I mean seriously how could he hold a sword after being nailed up for his failed crucifixion? I mean really? I feel that is a bit much ...but we'll see I guess.
                And I can't wait and I have a feeling after watching Friday I'm going to a weeping heap in the fetal position on the floor but I can't wait
                On Agron looking like hes able to fight

Spoiler:
                in the episode preview you can see that a sword has been attached to Agron's shield and his shield strapped to his arm

Comment

"One day, Rome shall fade and crumble...yet you, shall always be remembered."

...and manly tears were shed.

The end was just...I really don't know what to say.
                  sigpic

Comment

Forget the manly tears, I was crying like a baby for the last 10 minutes.

Great ending and it could not have gone any other way without changing history.

I will miss this show.

Comment

What a great ending to an awesome show. I liked how they were able to stick to the historical facts and make it extremely riveting to watch. Kudos to the entire Spartacus team.

The ending credits were one of the highlights though. It was nice to see all the past and current characters from the show over the last few years. The tribute to them was amazing. And ending it off with Andy was touching.

"I am Spartacus!!"
                      sigpic

Comment

IGN has an interview with Creator Steven DeKnight about the finale and the entirety of the show.

Obviously it contains spoilers for the finale so don't read if you haven't watched.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/1...spinoff?page=1
                        sigpic

Comment

*Big spoilers of course*

Wow, what a great finale. A roller coaster ride of emotions and actions. They didn't chicken out by providing the death for almost of all the major characters of the series. For example, while Spartacus body was never found I think, they still give him a warrior/free man death. Other writers would have find a way to open the possibility that he was not dead.

I also love how Spartacus died. Nobody can beat Spartacus face to face, so it made sense they would have to kill him in the back after all (Despite Cassus gladiator training). Great that he thought about his wife when he fought Cassus and afterward. "Spartacus. That is not my name, I shall finally hear it again. Given voice by loving wife...", beautiful!!

Lugo got one of the most bad ass death ever!!

"There is no greater victory than to fall from this world a free man."

For people who wants more be sure to check out the Rome series (already released, of course).

P.S. Star Trek: TNG finale was great too!!
                          Last edited by Commander Zelix; 17 April 2013, 05:33 AM. Reason: typo
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The Search is your friend
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

A very fitting end to an amazing show. This final episode was great from start to finish. Even though I knew how it had to end, it was still hard to see so many beloved characters fall. I will always cherish this show. Thank you to everyone involved in this show for such a fun, entertaining ride.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                                On Agron looking like hes able to fight

Spoiler:
                                in the episode preview you can see that a sword has been attached to Agron's shield and his shield strapped to his arm
                                Yeah I see that now WOW what an amazing series and episode. I shed many tears and just felt like even though it was sad to see him go he was reuniting with Sura and that peaceful look on his face...he was finally at peace and rest and could be eternally free. *sigh...sniff* I mean I can't wait to begin a rewatch now from the beginning and watch it uninterrupted ... I love this series...it was masterfully done. I just feel like it's a shame that many may never give it a chance because of the brutality of it and the gore and sex but I just think it's so much more than that and if people would only look past that to see the sheer magnitude this show portrayed and how much was lost but yet gained in the end.

Very fitting and just AWESOME!
                                Originally posted by jelgate
                                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                                X