Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad there isn't an episode next week. And I agree with SGLAB
    Spoiler:
    when Sam got shot, I knew it was fake, and getting a bit ridiculous, but the whole door not opening etc. had me fooled. Anyway, after what happened to Dom, I wasn't all that sure they wouldn't go the same way with Kensi.

So what do you guys think about Hetty? (Linda Hunt's character.) Anyone who thinks, the show would be just as good without her?
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

^^I think she's the best part of the show. I don't think it would be near as good without her. Not that I think the show is perfect, but I like Hetty.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

i think they just need to tone her down at times. she's a little too quirky and we have yet to really see what made her qualified to be the boss. in the regular ncis, gibbs and vance and jenny were former operatives so you had the feeling that they knew how to run an op.

hettie might know, but we have yet to see her really do anything.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hetty is one of the highlights for me...though i agree with the two posters above me... we need to see her doing more that being around the office...

and yea...that recoil must be a real MoFo.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

This last week, I knew that Kensi would be ok. I thought that she actually was shot, but I figured that tptb wouldn't doo anything drastic after we lost Dom just a couple of weeks ago.

It wasn't until Sam got "shot" that I started thinking something was up.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              ^^I think she's the best part of the show. I don't think it would be near as good without her. Not that I think the show is perfect, but I like Hetty.
              I love Hetty too, but I've loved Linda Hunt for years.

Comment

i do love linda hunt. the actress is great. they just.....quirky is good for Abby or Ducky, not for the leader. (notice how rarely they have a body? most of the time in NCIS, a dead someone starts off the show...on ncis la it's more stings and hunts for weapons etc)

sigpic

Comment

No offense to Linda Hunt, but so far I don't think Hetty really added something to NCIS: LA. G. Callen has the leader role so far, so I just understand her (useful) part as a character. Not to mention her whole character doesn't seem to have any dynamics, by which I mean she's always exactly the same. Sorry for the vagueness, but I just cannot put my finger on what exactly is annoying me about her.

Comment

She's the Ducky of NCIS:LA IMHO....minus the dead bodies of course....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      She's the Ducky of NCIS:LA IMHO....minus the dead bodies of course....
                      Yeah, but see, that's the problem. Ducky had a good and necessary role as a character. Certainly to have him appear each episode. He was the ME. Hetty is missing that IMHO.

Comment

she's ducky AND abby rolled into one

she's more their mascot than their leader

sigpic

Comment

Hetty seems to be the politico. She was off in Washington dealing with Congress? Dept of the Navy? back in October/November.

It's also hinted at that she has lots of undercover work. As they are more of an undercover type operation, maybe that's the expertise she's offering.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I think Hetty is the office manager and undercover expert, and also what Everlovin said. She's someone who's been in the game for years, knows everyone and everything, and I think when they kicked Macy out for whatever reason, they needed someone to run the office, especially since Callen was not back at work yet. So it seems like now that he's back, they're just splitting the responsibilities.

I did think she was a little over the top at first - almost a caricature - but I think they've toned her down quite a bit and made her more real. In a lot of ways, though, it's felt like the show is working itself out as it goes along. They've improved Hetty, they worked on the leadership issue and set up a more office type work area for the team, and I think they've done quite a bit to develop Kensi too - she's turning into a good character I think.

I don't think the show's perfect - I think there's still some issues they need to work on. And I'm still not crazy about Callen (except with Sam). But lately I've found myself enjoying it more than the original flavor, and I never thought that would happen.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

I get the feeling Hetty is supposed to have done intelligence field work in her youth and became management. I like her as some "seasoning" to the show. I like the 2 lead guys, but can take or leave the others so far.

Comment

i think my biggest issue with hettie and being undercover, she's noticeable. her lack of height makes her noticeable, which effects my believability of her being an operative.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X