Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Still haven't seen season 2.
    I like S2 better I think. (spoilered since you haven't seen S2, in case you don't want to know.)
    Spoiler:
    I wasn't happy at first, with them writing out both Nate and Dominic. And I'm on record as not being crazy about the addition of Nell. But by the end of the season, I thought the team had come together pretty well, and they feel more like a family. The first season I kept getting the feeling that they didn't know exactly what kind of show they wanted to be, and maybe that it hadn't exactly been planned out that well. Now I feel like they've gotten a better handle on it. And I think Deeks has been a great addition - adding him gave Kensi a real partner and helped her character to be more than just Callen and Sam's tag-along little sister.

Btw, I just noticed the new General Television forum! Nice! I have no idea how long it's been there, but I like it.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 01 October 2011, 09:07 AM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Good Luck everyone!!

http://www.cbs.com/specials/interrog...sdays/?game=1a

have fun!

P.S. Don't play if you have season Season 4 episodes!
      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
      sigpic
      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I like S2 better I think. (spoilered since you haven't seen S2, in case you don't want to know.)
        Spoiler:
        I wasn't happy at first, with them writing out both Nate and Dominic. And I'm on record as not being crazy about the addition of Nell. But by the end of the season, I thought the team had come together pretty well, and they feel more like a family. The first season I kept getting the feeling that they didn't know exactly what kind of show they wanted to be, and maybe that it hadn't exactly been planned out that well. Now I feel like they've gotten a better handle on it. And I think Deeks has been a great addition - adding him gave Kensi a real partner and helped her character to be more than just Callen and Sam's tag-along little sister.

Btw, I just noticed the new General Television forum! Nice! I have no idea how long it's been there, but I like it.
        I already knew about
        Spoiler:
        Deeks. I wasn't that fussed on Dominic. He seemed kinda pointless to me, which made Kensi kinda redundant most of the time. And I think she could become a good character if given a chance. Didn''t know about Nate. Pity, I liked him. Don't know who Nell is.

I do wish they'd use the team more instead of using Callen and Sam so much. The others don't seem to do much a lot of the time.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Nell is the new (IMHO) cute girl in the Ops centre with Eric....

Dom wasn't really anything but a character designed to get us to think anyone could die at any time.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

That's one way LA is different from NCIS. NCIS is very team orientated. LA is a buddy show with support staff.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Mh ...

Spoiler:
              Besides that Nell seems to me like a serious (WH13) Claudia and I really begin to like her I think I won't be with Deeks. No hating him but don't like him. Seems like I saw a bit more in Dom don't know ...

I have to say I gave up NCIS years ago and never tried it again. The first time I heard about LA I wasn't interested but tried the show somewhere around the second half of season 1 - and fell in love with it. Surely, it has it's weaknesses, it's more action-orientated and sometimes a bit too much about Sam and Callen. But I love this little secrets around the team and when Hetty starts to tell her "once-when-I-was-a-spy"-tales !

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                Spoiler:
                Nell is the new (IMHO) cute girl in the Ops centre with Eric....

Dom wasn't really anything but a character designed to get us to think anyone could die at any time.....
                Ah right. Saw a couple eps from season 2 but didn't notice her

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                That's one way LA is different from NCIS. NCIS is very team orientated. LA is a buddy show with support staff.
                That's probably why I like NCIS more. I like the team feel more. It gets boring fast when they keep using the same two characters for most things with the others in the background doing things on occasion. I had enough of that kind of thing on another show I will not name
                sigpic

Comment

yeah, i do prefer the team dynamic more
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I think it was that way in S1, but they backed off a lot on that in S2 IMO (obviously, MMV. ). They didn't have near as much emphasis on Callen and Sam in S2 as they did in S1, and I think bringing Deeks in and enlarging Hetty's role helped make them feel a lot more like a team of four with Hetty as leader (although technically I think Callen is supposed to be leader) and Eric and Nell as support. To me, the fact that all four of the main team interact more or less as equals helps the team feel, as opposed to NCIS where Gibbs kind of overshadows everyone else (IMO).

I used to love NCIS, but it's slid way down my must-see list over the last two-three seasons. I don't know - I guess I feel like the show has gotten in a rut, and probably my issues with Gibbs over the last season or two haven't helped. But that's just me.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

I must admit i think NCIS may need a bit of an overhaul if it's to last... Either having the cast changing or having the characters go back to their usual ways....

I don't think the show (NCIS) has been that awesome since the Ziva hostage finale/opener

Comment

Well, ratings-wise it's still the highest rated drama out there (I think), so the producers are probably thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But yeah, I think the show has struggled creatively since that point as well. Maybe before too, but that's the point where I really started noticing I think.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

it was the whole 'Secret BF for Ziva Mk II' story that started my thoughts about the show losing it's way.....

Comment

preview for Episode 3.05 - Sacrifice

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/nci...rifice_13.html
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

preview for Episode 3.07 - Honor

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/nci...-honor_26.html

this one might be funny
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                preview for Episode 3.07 - Honor

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/nci...-honor_26.html

this one might be funny
                                not a member of spoilerTV so I don't get to see preview! What else is new??
                                Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                                sigpic
                                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Working...
                                X