Deadliest Catch Discussion, Appreciation, Letching Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the time/lineup of the eps?
    8-10 last two new eps, then after the catch at 11?

Comment

eastern time, yeah. I'm in central time and it's airing right now, 7-10pm
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jake Harris is a lot like Phil when he was younger, doing drugs with all his money and what not. He needs to get over that, otherwise he won't get anywhere as a fisherman, let alone being a captain.

I'm happy that Jake Anderson got married, and got his captain's liscense, he's earned all of it.

It also seems that things are going to change, with Edgar and Junior, Mouse (Keith's brother), etc.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, it does look like 'deadliest catch, the next generation' is taking place....which wont' exactly be a bad thing. A lot of these captains have other things they want to do now, or other opportunities that have opened up thanks to the show. I know keith makes a lot of personal appearances.

and new captains and new crews will liven things up on the show...because the weather isn't always the main star anymore, it's the personal stories of the captains and their crews.

do kinda feel sorry for elliott....dude just doesn't get it...or doesn't care. He's going to get the rep as 'jerk captain that doesn't catch crab' and he'll have a hard time getting a crew. Crews can deal with a captain's attitude if they make money...80K is a lot of motivation (not that the ramblin rose will ever make that much, she's too small of a boat and has too small a share of the quota), but a bad attitude coupled with the inability to catch crab, thus make money????

nah, word will pass on the dock and he'll be hard pressed to get any 'good' crew.

sigpic

Comment

That was a nice 2-hour show and ATC last night!

Although....I think my heart stopped when Wizard almost ended up like the wreck on the icy beach. The way those icy waves were rocking that vessel...several times I had to close my eyes because it looked like they were gonna ram into coast...or capsize.

Oh...and that poor deckhand who got his finger cut off. That was just plain nasty. I thought I was gonna spew when they kept showing the bloody finger. Then...even worse...they showed the tip that was cut off! Ick!

ATC...was very nice! I love how things are changing. Poor Johnathan....I hope recovers well from his injuries. I hope this will get him to quit smoking. Although...I can't see him coming back next season. He might take a while to recover. The guy can barely laugh. Jake Anderson had truly grown up on DC. I remember when he first became greenhorn in Northwestern. He was such cocky naive spoiled brat...and now he has matured so much. I'm happy for him. He got his boating license and got married on top of it all. He has come along way. I loved how showed Jake's wedding. It was nice seeing all the captains and deckhands all cleaned up and in suits. Then...Mike Rowe gave Jake and his new wife their first dance. So sweet!
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

excellent finale last night, agreed.
              jake anderson is a stand up guy, and i loved that most of the other captains were there - and Sig married them! captains prerogative, i guess, eh? also, his wife was pretty hot. good for him.

guy's finger off was nasty. man.

i didn't watch the majority of after the catch, but i did see when elliott said he wanted to become and owner, and i was like, dude, never. going. to. happen.
              guy is totally full of himself. please drop his boat from the show.

great season.

Comment

you knew monte should have called Keith...but given how keith's head explodes, not to mention that he was in the air....ya know, can't blame him.

I think Keith is ready to retire.

it'll be interesting to see if junior and edgar can form a partnership.

elliott....so out of touch.

I swear there were more injuries in the last 2 hours than there were all season.

so sad about that guy on the processing boat...but I knew as soon as I heard shallow resps and fading heart beat that he was done for. even if they got him off the boat he was too far away from help. He likely had a brain bleed and died from intercranial pressure. Unfortunately, while many captains can do a lot of bering sea medicine, brain surgery is a bit beyond them.

sigpic

Comment

That was an amazing three hours Tuesday night. A very nice ending to a rough season for our crabbers.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X