• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bummer did they give a reason?

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

No. No reasons were given.
      They showed 'The Thanksgiving Decoupling' and then they said they will start showing new shows in April..!
      Last edited by Starfist; 28 January 2014, 03:17 AM.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

we've had the new episodes kinda scattered, new, old, new old....we'll start with at least 5 weeks of new here in a bit for sweeps

your local station may be waiting for the rest of the episodes to start so they can run the rest of the season in one big chunk instead of starts and spurts
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You could be on to something there Sky.
          E4 are usually pretty good.

Comment

I wonder if the Olympics have anything to do with it? They always seem to screw things up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
              I wonder if the Olympics have anything to do with it? They always seem to screw things up.
              I can't speak for the UK but I imagine they do as the Olympics change with TV schedules in the US. Its why their have been less reruns here this year in US television.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

In the US, we get James earl Jones as a guest this week

And while the olympics airs on NBC, it's possible that the other networks will put reruns on during the games. or they may not because it's sweeps and they want to get good ratings which you don't with reruns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                  I don't think that's the case for E4 not showing the episodes. The Winter Olympics will be on the BBC channels. I think it's more to do with what Sky said about showing all the episodes in a batch.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah. Well I sympathize, I'm often in the same fix with UK shows.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      In the US, we get James earl Jones as a guest this week

And while the olympics airs on NBC, it's possible that the other networks will put reruns on during the games. or they may not because it's sweeps and they want to get good ratings which you don't with reruns
                      In the past primetime tv has aired reruns against the Olympics. Its like airing against the Super Bowl. The other networks know they can't win against that. So it makes little sense to air your new episodes against something that will beat you in the ratings.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm a good little TBBT fan. I can wait.
                        I'll watch the repeats and see if I can spot things I missed the first time.

Comment

I know they air a lot of reruns against big events....which I do kinda hate. I'm not a football fan so have zero plans to watch the superbowl. They put nothing on I'll turn to the cable networks or break out the DVD's...sometimes I wonder if events get big ratings because everyone wants to watch them or because they are left no other choice since the other networks air nothing.

However this is february sweeps, where the national advertisers set their rates for the next few months. So I don't think it'll be a total wash of reruns for a whole month. The olympics won't pull that high of ratings, especially since Russia is so far ahead of us time wise that by the time it airs everyone knows the results. Those prime time shows tend to have very low ratings if everything is on tape and everyone knows the outcome. The time when primetime olympics pulls good numbers is when it can be aired live.
                          I can't find the exact time, but Sochi is 8ish hours ahead of us (depending on time zone) so at 7 in the evening, it'll be the middle of the night there, the only live stuff will be in the middle of the day.

sigpic

Comment

The show is aired on Thursdays... why would it be affected by a Sunday sport event?
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

not for this show, but other sunday shows will be in rerun this sunday

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                sometimes I wonder if events get big ratings because everyone wants to watch them or because they are left no other choice since the other networks air nothing.
                                Ohhhh that's a good point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X