No announcement yet.

The Big Bang Theory - Discussion & Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priya just never fit in with the group as a whole, I'm glad she's gone too!
    sigpic

Comment

i think they wanted us to hate her !

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Think they are ever going to fix the elevator.

Comment

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
          Think they are ever going to fix the elevator.
          Definitely not, the broken elevator is a static part of the show. They might fix it in the final episode of the series right before everyone moves out or something, haha

I'm pretty bummed that this season is over, but I thought the finale was pretty good on all the character story lines!
          sigpic

Comment

They are showing the Stephen Hawking episode on E4 here in the UK tonight.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Priya just never fit in with the group as a whole, I'm glad she's gone too!
              I agree. she was no fun at all.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                They are showing the Stephen Hawking episode on E4 here in the UK tonight.
                I just came in here to say I saw that one and how brilliant it was.

All that stuff Howard makes Sheldon do!

(And I wasn't a fan of Priya either, I think Billyd is right. Although I did love when she schooled Sheldon on how the law works regarding his roommate agreement. That was class. )
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I'm currently catching up on this show, the next episode i'm going to watch is the vacation solution

I was on the fence about Priya i didnt really hate her, but then i didnt really like her either, although i must say i was still rooting for Leonard & Penny to get back together when he started dating her
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

watching the launch acceleration, noticed the enterprise d toy in wollowitz room and i was like i have that

So i was wondering have you come across anything during the course of the show that you might also own?
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 May 2012, 04:29 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I don't remember seeing anything that I own, but I'd love to have a small card catalog like the one off their living room.

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Sheldon's T-shirts
                        And penny.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                          I don't remember seeing anything that I own, but I'd love to have a small card catalog like the one off their living room.
                          same. my wife and i have said we'd love to have a card catalog since before BBT aired, then they had one, and we were all like OMG it looks so good! we totally need one

Comment

I just started watching BBT from the beginning again. I'm not sure how many times I can watch it and still laugh out loud, but I thought I would do a series of experiments to figure it out. So far, still laugh out loud funny.

The Pilot

This was not the first BBT episode I saw and I'm not sure I would have loved it as much if it had been. While the nuggets of future greatness are definitely there, it's far from what it can and will become.

Sheldon is not nearly so crazy and is almost content to follow Leonards lead. (He's still the king of the nerds here.) But the compulsiveness is there, and there's definitely a special kind of spark between the lead three.

I do love that they made Penny so sweet and accepting. The guys are so completely out of their depth with real social interaction and yet she is so very patient with them. As I understand, the initial concept was to make Penny a hard living rocker chick who made fun of the guys. I'm glad they stepped away from that; although I think there's been some unfortunate drift in that direction.

It is also unfortunate that what we learn about Penny in this first episode is really all we know about her five seasons later. Her character has had the least development and growth of all the main cast and it's a shame. I wish the PTB would give Penny a real storyline of her own that's not just wrapped up in dating or not dating Leonard.

My Rating: 3 out of 5 (Good, but definitely room for improvement.)

Comment

The Big Bran Hypothesis

"Ah gravity thou art a heartless b****."

"This is not a home; this is a swirling vortex of entropy."

We establish that Sheldon does not understand sarcasm. He has a masters and two PhDs. And he doesn't yet do his compulsive knocking.

Penny has a married sister who shot her husband when they were both drunk. She grew up on a farm and can rebuild a tractor.

Howard's a Dance Dance Revolution master.

The Raj scene with Penny is not great. I think they were still trying to figure out what to do with a character who couldn't talk to a third of the main cast. Later I think the Raj/Howard duo smooths over some of those rough edges.

Overall I love the story. From the very beginning Sheldon is trying to impose his sense of order on Penny. Even from across the hall she is the chaos that has come into his world and is frustratingly beyond his control. Meanwhile, Leonard tries his best to "act normal" to try and impress Penny even when he's not exactly sure what that is and he has Sheldon to contend with who has no inclination to make changes to his world.

This ep is far better than the pilot. Even having watched it a few times there were still several moments where I laughed out loud. This series took off with a bang and is already a great time by just the second episode. No bran needed after watching this one.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 ("Hello Honey Puffs.")
                              Last edited by hlndncr; 04 June 2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Well everything must come to an end I suppose. E4 here in the UK has the season finale showing on Thursday at 2000 here in the UK. Roll on the re-runs...

I have to admit that Amy looked cute in her Star Trek Original series uniform.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X