Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that. We've also met Gibbs' wife and daughter through flash-backs and we saw bits with him and Jenny, too. It seems like they've pretty well tied his past up and now they're moving onto Ziva and Vance.

For some reason I'm hoping that some day we'll get a big Gibbs vs. Tony's father smack-down. (Because I think Gibbs would give Dinozzo Sr. heck.) His mother is dead, isn't she?

Abby's family is in New Orleans, right? Didn't she mention gator-hunting with a brother or male cousin once? And is it her grandma that's deaf or is that her mother or someone else entirely?

McGee seems like he'd just have your average suburban family past so there wouldn't be too much to deal with but it might be cute to have his parents visit sometime because it would probably cause him endless embarrassment.
    Oh, I'd love to see a DiNozzo Sr/Gibbs smackdown. We all know who'd win there. I have no idea where Tony's mom is. I'm a fairly new watcher.

And I knew that Abby was from New Orleans. It's just we never hear about them. Didn't know if they were still around or not. I don't remember who in her family is deaf.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Yes, Tony's mom died.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Definitely her little sister. Apparently her mother. Probably several friends from childhood. Then her half brother in a way that had to mess with her somewhat. Very likely cousins and aunts and uncles.

There was also that episode in season four or five where she liked the guy who was getting poisoned that she had seen around jogging before he got sick. That seemed to bother her quite a bit as well.

You know, I'd like to see an episode with Tony's father in it. It would be interesting to compare him with Gibbs and Ziva's fathers since he disowned Tony for wanting to be a cop.
        yeah ziva is definately alot deeper then anyone gives her credit for...

and what an interesting parallel to michael because his dad disinherited him for becoming an actor...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        bellisario is infamous for messing with shippers

so the ending didn't surprise me at all.

it's another reason - although i don't ship tony/ziva at all, i never will ship ANYONE on a bellisario show. dude handles ships poorly so you're best to not get attached at all
        i personally liked the harm/mac ship... i think that there were some great moments between them plus they actually got together at the end of the series... while us sam/jack shippers continue to impatiently wait for proper confirmation...

Spoiler:
        i think the reason we didnt see who won the coin toss is because they didnt want to make it harm and have viewers up in arms about mac giving up her job for the guy... and they didnt want to make it mac because theyd have the people saying it was only done to avoid the backlash... so they decided to leave it to the viewers discretion, and i think that was a great decision...

im not a danozzo/ziva shipper though... i just dont see them as romantic, they clearly care about each other, but they are very brother/sister the way they fight and banter... and while there is jealousy when the other has a love interest i think that is more they arent playing with me anymore jealousy...

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Have you guys noticed that Tony and Abby are the only ones with no past? I mean, they do, but we haven't met any of their family. We've met Ducky's mom; Tim's sister; Gibb's father; Ziva's father; Vance's family.

Nothing that I can think of from Tony or Abby. I am very curious as to what happened to/where is Abby's family.
        yeah weve even met vances family and he is only new... plus we had the whole dad story line with jen... so both directors have had their family story...

i would love to see abbys family, that would be interesting to see how she grew up and where the goth came from... id definately like to see background on abby...

it would also be nice if we met someone from danozzos family, to give him more of a history...

as for mcgees sister we may very well see her again as she is bellisarios daughter, and sean murrays step sister...
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Definitely her little sister. Apparently her mother. Probably several friends from childhood. Then her half brother in a way that had to mess with her somewhat. Very likely cousins and aunts and uncles.
          I don't remember learning about a little sister or mother. Which episodes were those in?

Have you guys noticed that Tony and Abby are the only ones with no past? I mean, they do, but we haven't met any of their family. We've met Ducky's mom; Tim's sister; Gibb's father; Ziva's father; Vance's family.

Nothing that I can think of from Tony or Abby. I am very curious as to what happened to/where is Abby's family.
          I've noticed that - we've gotten the most information about Gibbs, and we know quite a bit about Ziva and Ducky, and even a little about McGee. But they haven't done much with Tony or Abby's background - just some vague details. I hope we get to see more this coming season.

Is GW moving slow today or is it just me?
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

im not a danozzo/ziva shipper though... i just dont see them as romantic, they clearly care about each other, but they are very brother/sister the way they fight and banter... and while there is jealousy when the other has a love interest i think that is more they arent playing with me anymore jealousy...
            I've read it as a combo of 'damn, s/he has a boy/girlfriend now, less time to play meshed with 'that person better not hurt my friend or i'm gonna kick their ass'

if push ever came to shove, i don't think either of them would sleep with the other. i do thin they both try to protect the other
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              and what an interesting parallel to michael because his dad disinherited him for becoming an actor...

That's actually a reason we might not ever see a Gibbs/Dinozzo Sr. smack-down. Might be a bit too personal.....

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              I don't remember learning about a little sister or mother. Which episodes were those in?
              Well, she mentioned the sister getting killed when she was little. That's who the third person in that picture Ziva taped to the wall was.

Just in case, but it's from way back in season three:
              Spoiler:
              (Little sister, Ari, and Ziva) I think it was some kind of bombing but I can't remember for certain. I don't remember when she told us about the sister, but I think it was early on around when she told Gibbs Ari was her half-bro.

I'm just guessing on the mother since we've seen her father and sibling but not her mother. Her mother may still be around but divorced from her father since her father was Still season three:
              Spoiler:
              messing around making little double agents with a Palestinian woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I've read it as a combo of 'damn, s/he has a boy/girlfriend now, less time to play meshed with 'that person better not hurt my friend or i'm gonna kick their ass'

if push ever came to shove, i don't think either of them would sleep with the other. i do thin they both try to protect the other
                oh yeah i definately see that protectiveness as well... that is there every time the other dates or falls for someone...

and i dont think they would either, imo it would be weird if they ever did sleep together...
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

The episode where Ziva talked about her little sister was in the marathon this week on USA.
                  Spoiler:
                  It was the second episode she was in, right after Kate was killed. She told Tony that Tali, her 16 year old sister, was killed in a Hamas suicide bombing.

NC

Comment

Well, she mentioned the sister getting killed when she was little. That's who the third person in that picture Ziva taped to the wall was.

Just in case, but it's from way back in season three:
                    Spoiler:
                    (Little sister, Ari, and Ziva) I think it was some kind of bombing but I can't remember for certain. I don't remember when she told us about the sister, but I think it was early on around when she told Gibbs Ari was her half-bro.
                    Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                    The episode where Ziva talked about her little sister was in the marathon this week on USA.
                    Spoiler:
                    It was the second episode she was in, right after Kate was killed. She told Tony that Tali, her 16 year old sister, was killed in a Hamas suicide bombing.

NC
                    Ah ok. Thanks guys - I didn't remember that.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

NC
                      Hmmm.
                      Spoiler:
                      Maybe Ziva is the little one in the picture then? I thought it was her little sister that got killed, but it must have been her big sister.

Comment

Hmmm.
                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe Ziva is the little one in the picture then? I thought it was her little sister that got killed, but it must have been her big sister.
                        I think that Ziva was the older sister.
                        Spoiler:
                        When Tony asked her if she joined Mossad for revenge after the bombing, she told him that she'd been in Mossad long before her sister died, so she must have been older than 16.

On another topic, watching that earlier episode was interesting in light of this year's season finale.
                        Spoiler:
                        That was the episode where Ziva killed Ari, and according to Vance, it was all part of a plan by Ziva's father to gain Gibbs' trust. If that's the case, do you think that she was aware of her father's plan?

NC

Comment

On another topic, watching that earlier episode was interesting in light of this year's season finale.

Spoiler:
                          That was the episode where Ziva killed Ari, and according to Vance, it was all part of a plan by Ziva's father to gain Gibbs' trust. If that's the case, do you think that she was aware of her father's plan?

NC
                          Spoiler:
                          if that was the case though their dad would have had to know ari would be at gibbs home at that time and sent ziva after him...

to me it always seemed like ziva showed up to talk to gibbs and happened to come across the confrontation... in that moment she simily reacted by protecting gibbs, he had done nothing wrong and ziva didnt want to see an innocent person hurt or killed... imo in that moment it wasnt even important that ziva and ari were related...

i dont think ziva knows the extent of her fathers plans, i think he is very careful about what intellegence he does and doesnt allow her to hear... imo he sees her as a risk because he recognises that she actually cares about and is loyal to those at ncis... he therefore wouldnt jepodise his plans by telling ziva more then she needs to know... he may even see it as protecting her so that she doesnt have info that will be harmful to her, but given the season final that looks less likely... the season final suggests she knows too much and hes trying to ensure her silence...

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            if that was the case though their dad would have had to know ari would be at gibbs home at that time and sent ziva after him...

to me it always seemed like ziva showed up to talk to gibbs and happened to come across the confrontation... in that moment she simily reacted by protecting gibbs, he had done nothing wrong and ziva didnt want to see an innocent person hurt or killed... imo in that moment it wasnt even important that ziva and ari were related...

i dont think ziva knows the extent of her fathers plans, i think he is very careful about what intellegence he does and doesnt allow her to hear... imo he sees her as a risk because he recognises that she actually cares about and is loyal to those at ncis... he therefore wouldnt jepodise his plans by telling ziva more then she needs to know... he may even see it as protecting her so that she doesnt have info that will be harmful to her, but given the season final that looks less likely... the season final suggests she knows too much and hes trying to ensure her silence...
                            I don't know. Like I've said, I'm a relatively new watcher so I'm probably mistaken, but I got the impression that
                            Spoiler:
                            Gibbs set up Ari by having Ziva in his house. He told Ziva what was going on and said if she wanted proof, be at his house. Ari proved true to form and the rest is history.

But I do agree, Ziva doesn't necessarily know everything Daddy David knows.
                            Personally, I got the impression, at least in one way, that Daddy David and Vance were spinning the fact that Ziva killed Ari. Kinda 'Sure, let's just say that was the plan. Then we'll look like we were on top of the whole FUBAR rather than no we didn't have a clue.'
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I don't know. Like I've said, I'm a relatively new watcher so I'm probably mistaken, but I got the impression that
                              Spoiler:
                              Gibbs set up Ari by having Ziva in his house. He told Ziva what was going on and said if she wanted proof, be at his house. Ari proved true to form and the rest is history.

Personally, I got the impression, at least in one way, that Daddy David and Vance were spinning the fact that Ziva killed Ari. Kinda 'Sure, let's just say that was the plan. Then we'll look like we were on top of the whole FUBAR rather than no we didn't have a clue.'
                              Spoiler:
                              thats not ziva taking orders from her father and going there with the sole purpose of killing ari... its ziva showing up at gibbs request, realising gibbs is right and defending him... again the fact that ari happens to be her brother not really important, because to ziva it is about protecting an innocent person...

i just dont buy that ziva was taking orders from her father, so im open to the interpretation of how ziva ended up at gibbs place, but i think the shooting was a reaction to the situation not the reason for her being there...

but yeah, it does seem that it is being used and manipulated by her father and vance... i dont trust vance as far as i can throw him...
                              Last edited by katjoy; 10 July 2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

I watched the scene in the basement pretty closely,
                                Spoiler:
                                and I thought it was clear that Ziva double crossed Ari, based on the conversation between Gibbs and Ari. She and Gibbs worked together to set him up. I'd like to believe that she was told by Daddy to cooperate with NCIS, but not told specifically to kill her half-brother in order to gain their trust. That's a level of duplicity that would taint her whole tenure at NCIS.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X