Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i'm always amused by the brilliantly bright light aimed just at the groin area, so they can have the nekkid body without risking revealing that the naked prop is likely genderless

it's a brilliant shooting technique, but i always wonder 'how come they're always spotlighting the dude's jewels?
    When I was doing my NCIS Re-watch I noticed a few times, either Ducky put a file folder on that area, or there was the silver table with his instruments on it, sometimes there is a blanket covering that area. I think it could all depend on the actor who is playing the dead person too!

But if they didn't have the "bright light" on that area, then it would be considered a Adult film and not PG-13 ratings!

Personally I like it when the file folder or the silver tray in the way!
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

From what I've heard in the commentaries, most of the time it is the actor laying on that cold metal table for hours on end. During "Requiem", MH commented on how -- warm hot -- it is to have that bright light focused on the delicate area.
      I've noticed that, as the seasons moved along, they're doing less of the *light* and more of the conveniently positioned artifact.
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
        Not really, but then I watch Bones. Anything NCIS has ever done is tame compared to that.

The most tame show I've seen is DaVinci's Inquest....

or csi. that can get too graphic.

remember 'liquid man'?

the body that had been left in the dessert in a water proof bag? dude 'cooked' down to black soup with a couple of chunks, and they poured him onto the table

i'm glad i watch while i'm online, and i often 'hide' behind my laptop screen
        Ew.

CSI is the worst.

Originally posted by KatG View Post
        You too huh? Don't know how many times hubs and I have forgotten that we shouldn't watch Bones when eating. Really not a good idea. NCIS isn't quite as bad for that, but it can get iffy sometimes.
        You can eat while watching it, just remember it's all fake. (well, I can atleast)

i'm always amused by the brilliantly bright light aimed just at the groin area, so they can have the nekkid body without risking revealing that the naked prop is likely genderless

it's a brilliant shooting technique, but i always wonder 'how come they're always spotlighting the dude's jewels?
        For censorship purposes? Kiddies and minors (coughmecough) do watch. What if Grandma came in and saw that? Heartattack!! (unless of course she was a medical professional, but that is beside the point)

But you notice, they cover the female victim (if there is one, not often) almost completely.
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

oh i know why they do it. so they can have the 'body' there without having to deal with draping it.

and yeah, i noticed that the women don't get the bright light treatment but are covered up
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oh i know why they do it. so they can have the 'body' there without having to deal with draping it.

and yeah, i noticed that the women don't get the bright light treatment but are covered up
            I think it's a good thing, personally.
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Was given this link, thought you might like it over here...

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/tel..._l-p/ncis.html

Have fun!
              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
              sigpic
              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

yay an ncis thread i love ncis its awesome!

fave character is abby, she is just adorable... and i love the father/daughter relationship her and gibbs have, its so sweet... i also like the abby and mcgee relationship, they make a great team

i liked kate, her and danozzo had great banter... but i prefer ziva, i love how she gets all the sayings wrong, shes tough, but deep down shes a softy and she also has great banter with danozzo...

i really wish jen was still director, i dont trust vance as far as i can throw him...

i wasnt a fan of how they ended the current season...

Spoiler:
                i really hope that next season explains things in a way that makes sense to the characters and the relationships because the way things ended didnt sit well with me... it left it like she was still a masuad first keeping an eye on ncis, but that she was backstabbed by her own dad... and it also doesnt bode well for ziva/danozzo dynamic...

it feels like atm that they have flipped the coin on ziva to suit their needs... ziva is loyal to ncis, and she would never lie to tony, or keep something from gibbs... she would have gone to gibbs when she found out rafkin was a person of interest and point blank told him why she thought he wasnt who they said... she would listen to gibbs when he told her what they had on him and she wouldnt go behind the teams back and put anyone in danger... she would work the case and come to her own conclusion based on what they found along the way... after all she killed her own brother to save gibbs when she barely even knew him...

secondly i think they have potentially stuffed up the ziva/danozzo dynamic big time... what are we going to get next season: have some sort of quick fix, pretend it never happened, go back to the way things were... now that they have gone in this direction, id like to see them use the tension next season with the two of them snippy with each other, having abby trying to patch things up between them, and then at some point something happens and they realise they still care about each other... from there id like to see them rebuild their friendship, regain the trust between each other and eventually come back towards what they were before... because even if tony is one of the people who ends up getting her back to ncis they cant ignore the whole he shot rifkin and how that affected both of them...
                Last edited by katjoy; 04 July 2009, 02:00 AM.
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  yay an ncis thread i love ncis its awesome!

fave character is abby, she is just adorable... and i love the father/daughter relationship her and gibbs have, its so sweet... i also like the abby and mcgee relationship, they make a great team

i liked kate, her and danozzo had great banter... but i prefer ziva, i love how she gets all the sayings wrong, shes tough, but deep down shes a softy and she also has great banter with danozzo...

i really wish jen was still director, i dont trust vance as far as i can throw him...

i wasnt a fan of how they ended the current season...

Spoiler:
                  i really hope that next season explains things in a way that makes sense to the characters and the relationships because the way things ended didnt sit well with me... it left it like she was still a masuad first keeping an eye on ncis, but that she was backstabbed by her own dad... and it also doesnt bode well for ziva/danozzo dynamic...

it feels like atm that they have flipped the coin on ziva to suit their needs... ziva is loyal to ncis, and she would never lie to tony, or keep something from gibbs... she would have gone to gibbs when she found out rafkin was a person of interest and point blank told him why she thought he wasnt who they said... she would listen to gibbs when he told her what they had on him and she wouldnt go behind the teams back and put anyone in danger... she would work the case and come to her own conclusion based on what they found along the way... after all she killed her own brother to save gibbs when she barely even knew him...

secondly i think they have potentially stuffed up the ziva/danozzo dynamic big time... what are we going to get next season: have some sort of quick fix, pretend it never happened, go back to the way things were... now that they have gone in this direction, id like to see them use the tension next season with the two of them snippy with each other, having abby trying to patch things up between them, and then at some point something happens and they realise they still care about each other... from there id like to see them rebuild their friendship, regain the trust between each other and eventually come back towards what they were before... because even if tony is one of the people who ends up getting her back to ncis they cant ignore the whole he shot rifkin and how that affected both of them...
                  I read a spoiler - probably from here - that
                  Spoiler:
                  Next season Ziva will be back but she will be very different. So I don't think there will be a bandaid and then forgotten about.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

as to next season
                    Spoiler:

i k now some are hungering for the gibbs finds out and rescues ziva, but i don't think so. there's only so much he can do, he's not an international operative.

I'm thinking that ziva gets rescused by her own, or escapes. and she may even make it to the states. in fact, that may be how gibbs finds out what happens, she enters the US but not to work for ncis, she kinda sees the US as a refuge and comes back, but not to work. she doesn't trust anyone and is very cold and hard and bitter

she was betrayed by everyone.

of course,, that could also be what brings her back to gibbs, he's the only one that hasn't betrayed her

she'll be hard and cold on the outside, but very fragile and damaged on the inside

i'm thinking that gibbs will stick hiis neck out, making Leon pull strings to allow her to stay in the us, knowing that she needs somewhere to be. he might even have a friend that he arranges to give her a place to stay. and he gets her a job, not with ncis, but somewhere, to give her time to deal with what happened so that she can be in a good enough mental state to make a good decision rather than just in survival mode

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I read a spoiler - probably from here - that
                      Spoiler:
                      Next season Ziva will be back but she will be very different. So I don't think there will be a bandaid and then forgotten about.
                      as to next season
                      Spoiler:

i k now some are hungering for the gibbs finds out and rescues ziva, but i don't think so. there's only so much he can do, he's not an international operative.

I'm thinking that ziva gets rescused by her own, or escapes. and she may even make it to the states. in fact, that may be how gibbs finds out what happens, she enters the US but not to work for ncis, she kinda sees the US as a refuge and comes back, but not to work. she doesn't trust anyone and is very cold and hard and bitter

she was betrayed by everyone.

of course,, that could also be what brings her back to gibbs, he's the only one that hasn't betrayed her

she'll be hard and cold on the outside, but very fragile and damaged on the inside

i'm thinking that gibbs will stick hiis neck out, making Leon pull strings to allow her to stay in the us, knowing that she needs somewhere to be. he might even have a friend that he arranges to give her a place to stay. and he gets her a job, not with ncis, but somewhere, to give her time to deal with what happened so that she can be in a good enough mental state to make a good decision rather than just in survival mode

Spoiler:
                      i havent seen much on next season, and its not for lack of trying to find stuff... but that would definately be a much better direction to take... cause while i dont like that this has happened to ziva, i do want to see them show how it has affected her... i want to see how it has affected the team... and i think that ncis are pretty good with that sort of thing... i dont think they are the quick fix type of writers... i would however prefer to see ziva get out on her own, or someone on the inside who is still on her side helps her, that would make for interesting viewing... but i just get the feeling that its going to be gibbs to the rescue...
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

yeah

next season
                        Spoiler:

I"m not too fond of 'gibbs to the rescue' just...just because

Even if her daddy orchestrates her rescue, i want her to come back to the US, not out of some 'you rescued me, i owe you' thing but because she wants to be there

and she's been so betrayed, she needs to rebuild that trust, and it needs to be rebuilt on her terms, not her as a victim

sigpic

Comment

yeah

next season
                          Spoiler:

I"m not too fond of 'gibbs to the rescue' just...just because

Even if her daddy orchestrates her rescue, i want her to come back to the US, not out of some 'you rescued me, i owe you' thing but because she wants to be there

and she's been so betrayed, she needs to rebuild that trust, and it needs to be rebuilt on her terms, not her as a victim
                          Spoiler:
                          im not fond of the 'gibbs to the rescue' either... id actually like to see someone in masaud help her, and how that would play out... because it could become a season ark whereby ziva then stays in contact with this person for intellegence and the person is found out and ziva has to return the favour and help them...

and i most definately want to see ziva come back to the states on her own terms and deal with everything in her own time... and also to see the trust and friendships rebuilt at ncis especially after what she will have been through...

ill be very disappointed if they turn her into a victim or damsell in distress character as a result of this story ark, because zivas background and personality lends itself to such potential with this storyline...

Comment

we did get a hint at how unused she is to being vulnerable

remember the eps where she lured in the serial killer? and almost died herself?

she shot the guy and he died right on top of her - and she looked into his eyes as he died - and it freaked her out for the episode.

I think that was a hint or clue to - as hardened as she is - she has little to no experience being anything but in charge and in command.

sigpic

Comment

we did get a hint at how unused she is to being vulnerable

remember the eps where she lured in the serial killer? and almost died herself?

she shot the guy and he died right on top of her - and she looked into his eyes as he died - and it freaked her out for the episode.

I think that was a hint or clue to - as hardened as she is - she has little to no experience being anything but in charge and in command.
                              oh yeah, despite her masuad background ziva is still very human when it comes to death... she is definately not desensitised to certain experiences, and in those examples she is certainly shaken up by such events...

so it will definately be interesting to see what direction her character takes next season dealing wise...

Comment

i think, in a lot of ways, ziva is very vulnerable, she just has such an aggressive and 'take charge' personna that she uses it to keep people off guard and away from her, likely so that they can't see how fragile she is

she made that comment in the finale

Spoiler:
                                how everyone has betrayed her, or 'who can i trust'

and i think that'll be a focus of the coming season, who CAN she trust?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X