Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweeps goes waaaayyyy back

it's how networks set their ad rates

for 4 weeks at a time, the ratings are recorded and compiled and then the rating for each hour is used to charge for spots in that hour.

networks, quite obviously 'cheat' by cramming new programming and specials and movies, etc, into those 4 weeks to weight the figures as much as they can

It is an old outdated system that is fatally flawed. It was dreamed up back in teh days when there were a whole 4 stations, abc, nbc, cbs and pbs and people had no choices. Now people have hundreds of channels to choose from. they have dvr's, ITunes, dvd's, etc and the sweeps system is reallyuseless. It's bugged me for years that they should know in advance when sweeps is so that they can cheat.

Personally? those 16 weeks (there are also the July sweeps but they are largely ignored since it's presumed that everyone is on vacation or outside) should be scattered randomly throughout the year so they can get a real and true picture of how many are REALLY watching.

But the networks won't allow that to happen because they'd lose millions if not billions of dollars in beefed up and augmented ad revenue

How does this effect ncis you ask

whatever happens with the spoilers won't happen until May. cause that's when sweeps is so that's when the last 4 eps of the season will air
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      sweeps goes waaaayyyy back

it's how networks set their ad rates

for 4 weeks at a time, the ratings are recorded and compiled and then the rating for each hour is used to charge for spots in that hour.

networks, quite obviously 'cheat' by cramming new programming and specials and movies, etc, into those 4 weeks to weight the figures as much as they can

It is an old outdated system that is fatally flawed. It was dreamed up back in teh days when there were a whole 4 stations, abc, nbc, cbs and pbs and people had no choices. Now people have hundreds of channels to choose from. they have dvr's, ITunes, dvd's, etc and the sweeps system is reallyuseless. It's bugged me for years that they should know in advance when sweeps is so that they can cheat.

Personally? those 16 weeks (there are also the July sweeps but they are largely ignored since it's presumed that everyone is on vacation or outside) should be scattered randomly throughout the year so they can get a real and true picture of how many are REALLY watching.

But the networks won't allow that to happen because they'd lose millions if not billions of dollars in beefed up and augmented ad revenue

How does this effect ncis you ask

whatever happens with the spoilers won't happen until May. cause that's when sweeps is so that's when the last 4 eps of the season will air
      and still nothing to watch...Except NCIS. Reruns don't exist for me since I just started to watch this show.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Annoying that there wasn't an epi on this week... But i've just seen this Ausiello comment....

Question: NCIS... anything good going to happen? --Beth
        Ausiello:
        Did you miss this week's EW, or are you just that greedy? As I report in my print column, the NCIS spin-off-launching episodes will fill in a blank that's long been missing re....
        Spoiler:
        Gibbs. "There's a resolution to him," says ex producer Shane Brennan, "in a story that has spanned the entire series, from the very first episode all the way through. It really is a piece of information the audience is well aware of -- part of his back story -- and in the spin-off [episodes], he lays that to rest." Any clue what it could be? Head to the comments and get a mass debate (tee-hee) going!

I'm confused about this one
        Spoiler:
        Do they mean Shannon and Kelly.... gotta re-watch the first episode again and see if any mention of them is in there

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

OK, I'm slightly confused about tonight's episode:
          Spoiler:
          Was the guy just killed over his coat? And what relation to Vance was this fellow? And Vance stole this guy's story and made his wife believe it was Vance's story? And what relation to Vance was the prostitute? And is Vance married to Oprah's sister because that woman sure looks a lot like Oprah!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            Spoiler:
            Was the guy just killed over his coat? And what relation to Vance was this fellow? And Vance stole this guy's story and made his wife believe it was Vance's story? And what relation to Vance was the prostitute? And is Vance married to Oprah's sister because that woman sure looks a lot like Oprah!
            About tonight episode!
            Spoiler:

LOL!! I agree on Vance being married to Oprah's sister. She did look like her!
            Most of the time I was saying to Gibbs, open the package, open the package!
            Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
            sigpic
            Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
              Spoiler:
              well here is what I got from it

Spoiler:
              Vance and Tyler were long time friends and there was something in *Vance's* past apparently that made Vance change identities with Tyler OR take up some of Tyler's history prior to meeting and marrying his wife.

Something wasn't jibbing with Gibbs so he asked Ducky to look at Tyler's body for surgery and Ducky found that Tyler was the one that had the detached retina....so I suspect that Gibbs will be looking at Vance even more closely now that there is this inconsistency in his story.

As to the kid and his coat...The kid *Spit* killed Tyler and was wearing his coat when he disposed of the body. It was a down filled coat and that is how the feathers got on the weights and on the body.

The kid *Spit* started bragging about it in the gym about how he took down *Tyler* and he was killed for killing Tyler because the men there loved Tyler.

I also think that Vance and the girl were once an item back *in the day* and then Vance decided he was going to move on and up and left her behind. She was Tyler's sister....

Now if Vance IS Tyler and switched identities, then the hooker would be his sister and not an ex-girlfriend.

I barely paid attention to the wife so I didn't notice the Oprah thing

and I too was dying for Gibbs to *Open the package*

ok so hopefully that made sense

and I look forward to another new episode next week but I believe it will air late as I think the President will be on again
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Someone needs to tell Obama to schedule these things for Wednesdays when there's nothing on. Or even Thursdays. Supernatural wouldn't be affected. And Fridays... there's something on Fridays now, isn't there? Before Psych. *looks* DOLLHOUSE! Gods, yes. While it lasts. The 9PM slot is relatively safe from presidential invasion, though. And I dunno that FOX bothers with that stuff anyway.

Messing with HIMYM and NCIS, however, is a big fat HELL NO in my book. Bad president. No cookie.

Comment

I like it!
                  Spoiler:
                  The tension between Vance and Gibbs. Seeing Gibbs' car from 'Heartland'. Abby's getting around the injunction not to 'speak' to Gibbs. Signing isn't traditional 'speaking'. The headslaps for Tony.

I, too, thought that maybe Vance and Tyler may have muddled their identities together. I soooooo wanted Gibbs to open the envelope. They have to at some point. Don't they?

The president was on last night??? When? I watched NCIS and The Mentalist with no interruptions. That would be from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm EDT.
                  You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

i think she means next week

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Someone needs to tell Obama to schedule these things for Wednesdays when there's nothing on. Or even Thursdays. Supernatural wouldn't be affected. And Fridays... there's something on Fridays now, isn't there? Before Psych. *looks* DOLLHOUSE! Gods, yes. While it lasts. The 9PM slot is relatively safe from presidential invasion, though. And I dunno that FOX bothers with that stuff anyway.

Messing with HIMYM and NCIS, however, is a big fat HELL NO in my book. Bad president. No cookie.
                      Oh yes. Fox bothers with presidential speeches, and if it's next Tuesday, that means that American Idol will be pre-empted causing FOX to put it on Thursday night therefore pre-empting Bones yet again. And Wednesday isn't good. That interferes with Lost. I'm thinking Saturdays. Nothing good comes on Saturday night.

As for last nights NCIS I too think that somehow
                      Spoiler:
                      Vance and Tyler switched identities
                      And the actress who played Vance's wife was on Women's Murder Club as Lindsay's best friend Claire.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Obama feels the need to preempt another prime-time event for almost no reason whatsoever? Hell, he might as well just purchase a slot.

In regards to the episode,

Spoiler:
                        I felt that Vance and Tyler switched places. That Tyler was Vance and Vance was Tyler. But that lends the question, did Vance ever serve?
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I have the same confusion over the latest episode that everyone else has....
                          Spoiler:
                          Isn't Vance Vance?

Does Obama speaking on Tuesday mean NCIS isn't on or it's on later?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

might not be on, or might depend what time zone you're in. the east and central might miss it while the west coast gets it...or they'll schedule a re-run for next week so no one misses anything new

sigpic

Comment

Please do NOT take my word for the President's speech on his Budget...check your listings and your local station I just know here they have stated a few times that he will be addressing the nation in regards to his budget again next Tuesday night

Luckily if it is over before 9PM we get NCIS right afterward

as to your question about last night's eppy

Spoiler:
                              I think we are not meant to know yet if Vance is really Vance and that is the mystery Gibbs will be looking into
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

my prediction

Spoiler:
                                Ziva's in love with Michael. But Michael isn't all good, in fact he's bad. Or is being used by someone bad. Things will come to a head, Tony will suspect but won't say anything, fearing that the 'you're jealous' will be used to discredit him. things come to a head, and Tony ends up shooting and killing Michael. Thus inserting a tragic tension between the two of them...that will possibly have Gibbs questioning whether one or both needs to be reassigned for the good of the team
                                something else just as heart breaking

Spoiler:
                                what if Micheal isn't bad in any way....Tony shoots him with friendly fire

'a tragic accident that could tear the team apart'
                                Ok either idea sounds great
                                Spoiler:
                                ...just no "major character deaths"

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                They kill off Ziva and I boycott the show. She's the MAIN reason why I watch.
                                Me too! I love the spunky, kick-azz Ziva!
                                Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                well here is what I got from it

Spoiler:
                                Vance and Tyler were long time friends and there was something in *Vance's* past apparently that made Vance change identities with Tyler OR take up some of Tyler's history prior to meeting and marrying his wife.

Something wasn't jibbing with Gibbs so he asked Ducky to look at Tyler's body for surgery and Ducky found that Tyler was the one that had the detached retina....so I suspect that Gibbs will be looking at Vance even more closely now that there is this inconsistency in his story.

As to the kid and his coat...The kid *Spit* killed Tyler and was wearing his coat when he disposed of the body. It was a down filled coat and that is how the feathers got on the weights and on the body.

The kid *Spit* started bragging about it in the gym about how he took down *Tyler* and he was killed for killing Tyler because the men there loved Tyler.

I also think that Vance and the girl were once an item back *in the day* and then Vance decided he was going to move on and up and left her behind. She was Tyler's sister....

Now if Vance IS Tyler and switched identities, then the hooker would be his sister and not an ex-girlfriend.

I barely paid attention to the wife so I didn't notice the Oprah thing

and I too was dying for Gibbs to *Open the package*

ok so hopefully that made sense

and I look forward to another new episode next week but I believe it will air late as I think the President will be on again
                                I have decided
                                Spoiler:
                                that Vance and Tyler switched Identities, the hooker was his sister and she knew about the switch and was resentful that he never connected with her again. I also think "Vance" is hiding from something BIG in his past, and no he never served in the military.

Comment

Working...
                                X