Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too early to condemn the new female. But for Brody, the whole 'my boyfriend was a spy and I didn't know it so I quit' is as lame as Kensie being called out and 'punished' by being sent to Afghanistan when they needed to write the actress out for her pregnancy. And, OF COURSE, the boys had to come and rescue her.

Look at Michael Weatherly, the actor left and he got a great exit and apparently much care and thought went into 'what would make Tony leave' and he was given a great positive exit. The ladies??? Not so much.

Kate was killed off because Sasha wanted it. Ziva was killed because Cote would not come back for Tony's exit. Ziva's written exit wasn't horrible. It seemed to be a good thing to do because the actress had a point, her character's storyline was at a standstill and really had nowhere to go beyond being Tony's girlfriend.

I can hope that they redeem the Brody thing, but given that the actress was basially let go, I doubt that'll happen. Just like I doubt the whole Kensie/Deeks thing will be anything but cringeworthy. The NCIS writers are so good at some things, and oh so not good at others.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gary Glasberg died on 9/28.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        My biggest problem with Zoe being cut, is the way how. Both Sasha and Cote decided on their own they wanted something else.

If you cut someone for "creative reasons" and then brin in another actress to replace her. Your reasons are horse manure.

I loved Kate, and that story was brilliant. Ziva was awesome and I took to her immediately, same with Bishop (I remember a lot of "Can we keep her?").

Also, Kate and Ziva are dead. So, kinda hard to bring them back.

But the FBI-chick. She can bugger off.
        Another reason for Zoe leaving is that she has a young son with her former partner/husband. And apparently, there is a lot of conflict between her and the ex-husband, a lot of having to do with their son. Apparently, her job meant she could not spend much time with her son, so she left the show. If that's the case, the producers could just have said that instead of saying she wasn't a good fit for the show or any of the other excuses they came up with.

And regarding Bishop on original NCIS ... I'm on the "I like Bishop" team. No, she isn't Kate or Ziva, she's an entirely different character. The interesting thing with her is that the two new characters are listed in the credits before Emily's name, which seems odd given that she's been there 3 years now, and the new characters are NEW.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          I have to admit -- that was a bit of a shock.
          And so young too.

2016 can bugger off too.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Another reason for Zoe leaving is that she has a young son with her former partner/husband. And apparently, there is a lot of conflict between her and the ex-husband, a lot of having to do with their son. Apparently, her job meant she could not spend much time with her son, so she left the show. If that's the case, the producers could just have said that instead of saying she wasn't a good fit for the show or any of the other excuses they came up with.
          See, I can live with a reason like that. That's a good reason -- and isn't his name Sebastian.
          I did see a few times they joked about it behind the scene with Rob.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          And regarding Bishop on original NCIS ... I'm on the "I like Bishop" team. No, she isn't Kate or Ziva, she's an entirely different character. The interesting thing with her is that the two new characters are listed in the credits before Emily's name, which seems odd given that she's been there 3 years now, and the new characters are NEW.
          I thought that odd too but it's a contract thing negotiated by agents so who knows why that is.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My suspicion is that they were going to write Brody out of the show (and that the tail end of last season was supposed to be the set up), and for personal reasons Zoe had to leave before they could complete the arc. That would explain the awkwardness of the episode and why they aired a re-run two episodes into the new season.

I've caught up with NCIS prime. I still like Alex, but
            Spoiler:
            they're writing her awfully passive for someone who is supposed to be a former instructor. I mean, how can she not know standard crime scene procedure?
            . Torres is growing on me. I liked the sideway references to other characters (Abby's brother, primarily). I think this is going to be a good season.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Torres is growing on me. I liked the sideway references to other characters (Abby's brother, primarily). I think this is going to be a good season.

Seaboe
              I admit, i didn't like him at first, but i agree, he is starting to grow on me.

Comment

My suspicion is that they were going to write Brody out of the show (and that the tail end of last season was supposed to be the set up), and for personal reasons Zoe had to leave before they could complete the arc. That would explain the awkwardness of the episode and why they aired a re-run two episodes into the new season.
                Considering the sudden drop -- nope, not buying it. Calling it a "creative decision" -- nope, not buying that either. Zoe wanting more time with her son -- that I buy.

Also, last tuesday was VP debate night so no new episodes.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, I guess "creative decision" could be sekrit code for "she didn't like us anymore."

Her divorce was 2 years ago, though, so the custody battle was long over.

Seaboe

Comment

Her divorce was 2 years ago, though, so the custody battle was long over.
                    If I recall she just finalized the settlement this year.

There are reports that McLellan wanted more money, the producers said no & that's why she's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                      If I recall she just finalized the settlement this year.

There are reports that McLellan wanted more money, the producers said no & that's why she's gone.
                      If it was about money, she was probably being paid less than her male co-stars, which frequently happens in various shows.

Comment

NCIS: NOLA's rating are down, hope they come up enough & CBS won't cancel it.

Comment

Not surprised imo.

Comment

I've loved the cast of NOLA, but all along the plots have not been good. They're way, way, WAY too predictable. I don't think there's been a single one where you think "oh, that must be the bad guy" and find out you're wrong.

For example, that crime family in Season 1--you just knew
                            Spoiler:
                            the "good" sister was going to turn out to be part of the plot, even the head of it. I think it would have made an ever so much better arc if she had, in fact, been what she appeared to be. It would have added another layer of complexity (who was trying to make it look as if she were part of the gang?), and would've just generally been more interesting.

Seaboe

Comment

I've loved the cast of NOLA, but all along the plots have not been good. They're way, way, WAY too predictable. I don't think there's been a single one where you think "oh, that must be the bad guy" and find out you're wrong.

For example, that crime family in Season 1--you just knew
                              Spoiler:
                              the "good" sister was going to turn out to be part of the plot, even the head of it. I think it would have made an ever so much better arc if she had, in fact, been what she appeared to be. It would have added another layer of complexity (who was trying to make it look as if she were part of the gang?), and would've just generally been more interesting.

Seaboe
                              I think its cause we have had SO MANY cop shows, they are all getting predictable..

Comment

Its the Bakula curse, everything he's been on since QL has headed down to cancellation faster than the titanic. He's like Oder Fehr, as soon as he guests on a show, you know its days are numbered.

Comment

Working...
                                X