Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine speculated
    Spoiler:
    earlier this season someone gave gibbs a folder......or maybe he got it from mike franks before he died....and that this is tied to what's in that folder.

I'm wondering with the 'turned a blind eye' comment if part of it is the times when gibbs team has 'oops lost that' in a case. I recall them letting someone go? or 'shucks, we tracked them to the air port but couldn't find them *wink wink nudge nudge* kinda thing, but my memory is vague.

It's payback from someone.

and I feel may also stem from, Jenny used the office for her revenge, leon did hte same, so did ziva, tony and co went of to somalia for ziva revenge...that office haas a bad habit of using their position and power to settle old scores
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      A friend of mine speculated
      Spoiler:
      earlier this season someone gave gibbs a folder......or maybe he got it from mike franks before he died....and that this is tied to what's in that folder.

I'm wondering with the 'turned a blind eye' comment if part of it is the times when gibbs team has 'oops lost that' in a case. I recall them letting someone go? or 'shucks, we tracked them to the air port but couldn't find them *wink wink nudge nudge* kinda thing, but my memory is vague.

It's payback from someone.

and I feel may also stem from, Jenny used the office for her revenge, leon did hte same, so did ziva, tony and co went of to somalia for ziva revenge...that office haas a bad habit of using their position and power to settle old scores
      Spoiler:
      There was an episode involving a man that Tony had sent to prison before he went to work for NCIS. The guy got out of prison and seemed to be looking for revenge. There was also a lot of money involved that mysteriously vanished. Tony was still convinced the guy was guilty, but it turns out he wasn't. And so as a sort of apology, when he found the guy at the airport (with the money), he let him go. That was several years back.

Comment

I think
        Spoiler:
        he's just out to elevate his own stature in the private legal field, kind of like the guy who brought down Nixon, for him it's just another box to tick of 'bad people I've brought to justice'.

It just so happens he's got a great pool of candidates to pick from.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
          And isn't that long ago, I don't think. I'm pretty sure it was sometime after Ziva came back from Somalia. And I actually like it. It's just a nickname. And he really doesn't do it that often. It's mostly in more emotional times, though it has gotten more common this past season. But it isn't any different than when he calls Abby "Abs" or Ducky "Duck" IMO.

And you're right, he doesn't say it when speaking of her, just when speaking to her. And occasionally he will say things like "Tony, you and Ziver go do..."

Of course, I think I tend to see things differently than a lot of people lol. I'm a Ziva fan first, then a Tiva fan, then a Tony fan, then a Gibbs as "dad" fan (especially with Ziva), and then an everything else fan lol. So I think the Ziver thing is a sweet dad/daughter thing.

And speaking of being a Ziva fan first...I've learned since Double Blind ended that I apparently am almost alone in the way I viewed that episode and the interactions between Ziva and Tony, especially from a Tiva shipper standpoint. Almost everyone is all mad at Ziva and pissed at her and blaming her, but I also see stuff from her point of view and can actually see how what happened could help Tony and Ziva grow closer.
          I recall him calling her Ziver from fairly early days. S5 at least. Maybe earlier. Love the nickname as well. It's a very fatherly thing to do, imo.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            I recall him calling her Ziver from fairly early days. S5 at least. Maybe earlier. Love the nickname as well. It's a very fatherly thing to do, imo.
            Really? Huh...I honestly don't recall it before Somalia...I guess I'll have to go back and watch the earlier seasons. I'm almost positive he didn't use the name before "Mexico Summer" and I hadn't thought it had been used before "Disbanded Summer" which is why I could have sworn it was after "Somalia Summer." I guess I told myself it was part of his "give Ziva some praise/affirmation/appreciation now that she isn't dead" reaction that had him also showing a bit more gentleness with her in many cases than he had in the past.

Oh well...Guess it just means I'll have to do a marathon... Oh...The things I'm forced to do for this fandom...

*picks self up off floor after laughing self silly at thought of ever being forced to watch NCIS*
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thanks to CBS Studios Twitter..

They were on "The Talk" today, it was great. Mark Harmon's smile, Micheal Weatherly scruffy, Brian Deitzen's abs were shown, Cote was great, and Pauly was good too!!
              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
              sigpic
              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Oh boy! good one
                Spoiler:
                good to see Gibbs burning Mike's "insurance policy" - no one can use it now, even himself. Really, really loved seeing Mike again. final scene four months later - who shot the captain on the floor? Was Fornell part of the group that took the opportunity afforded by Direct David's death to sow chaos? Very good episode all around
                sigpic

Comment

Tonight episode

Spoiler:
                  Good episode tonight! Loved John M. Jackson in the episode.

The ending - oh my Fornell!!

It's gonna be a long summer..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Oh boy! good one
                    Spoiler:
                    good to see Gibbs burning Mike's "insurance policy" - no one can use it now, even himself. Really, really loved seeing Mike again. final scene four months later - who shot the captain on the floor? Was Fornell part of the group that took the opportunity afforded by Direct David's death to sow chaos? Very good episode all around
                    Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                    Tonight episode

Spoiler:
                    Good episode tonight! Loved John M. Jackson in the episode.

The ending - oh my Fornell!!

It's gonna be a long summer..
                    I agree on all points! Great ep!

Spoiler:
                    I really hope they didn't kill off Fornell!

Comment

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Spoiler:
                      Tobias Fornell??? He's behind the CIA coverup? Tell me this isn't true.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

additional comment
                        Spoiler:
                        They don't actually *show* the shot - Gibbs may very well have shot someone coming out of the car that Fornell was opening the door for...OR...the shot wasn't Gibb's at all. We just heard a shot - not who shot, nor who was shot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          additional comment
                          Spoiler:
                          They don't actually *show* the shot - Gibbs may very well have shot someone coming out of the car that Fornell was opening the door for...OR...the shot wasn't Gibb's at all. We just heard a shot - not who shot, nor who was shot.
                          it's gonna be a long summer break!! But..

Spoiler:
                          didn't Fornell, Gibbs and Homeland work together and bring down Deering guy at the beginning. The C.I.A. has always been the ones not sharing in this show. They never like to work as a team, only with C.I.A. people!
                          Besides, isn't that kid under investigation now?
                          sigpic

Comment

The last part of the episode

Spoiler:

would imply Gibbs shot Fornell, but I think he either shot him knowing he's wearing a bulletproof vest underneath his clothes (Fornell has to be a special kind of idiot if he's not wearing one when apparently protecting a high target and Gibbs could have easily shot him in the head with him standing there so nicely and giving him ample opportunity to target him) or the shot was meant for someone else. I'm inclined to go for the latter and considering the captain with Gibbs was already shot, there's also a good chance the shot wasn't coming from Gibbs (who either shot Fornell or whoever was in the car) but from whoever shot the captain, or the captain shooting whoever was still in the building while covering Gibbs' six.

All in all, I'm not really satisfied with the finale. I liked the mystery of the 'four months later' but it felt like they tried to put too much into the episode. There was barely any attention to the head case except to tie it in with whatever the CIA was doing and Gibbs' way out of this mess, and while I enjoyed John M Jackson's role I kept waiting for something actually interesting to happen. I had expected more from it. Perhaps this would have been better as a two-parter (or a three-parter with next season's premiere being the last part) to give more time to Gibbs+Franks, Chegwidden+Gibbs+Parsons, head case, and Tony+Ziva+McGee and Abby+Ducky+Palmer.

They could have also skipped the scene in the morgue where Ducky and Palmer are doing the autopsy on the head and the little tidbit about Palmer adopting (unless this case somehow makes that impossible, but the only way that'll happen is he dies from the radiation exposure and they didn't seem that concerned and Palmer and Ducky aren't involved in Gibbs' screw-ups like his team is). The scene in Abby's lab, while humorous, wasn't really necessary either. Same goes for the elevator scene, unless there's going to be more about the illegal wiretaps in the next season but I didn't think it really advanced the plot and could have easily been left out or added to the next episode.

Oh and I was kinda disappointed with how they presented Parsons with Gibbs' absence, both in the revelation itself as well as Parsons' reaction. He sounded like a petulant child rather than the supposed accomplished investigator/lawyer he is.

There's more but I won't go into everything.

I did like the cabin Gibbs had built and all it implied, as well as their meetings there (although I do wonder if any tracking devices/wire taps put onto his team's person wouldn't still work out there via satellite - was a bit careless in my opinion, after the discoveries at NCIS) and could also appreciate the moment between Tony and Ziva, even though I'm not a shipper. The introduction of JMJ was also good and I liked how Parsons seemed kinda taken aback by the fact that the former JAG wanted to represent Gibbs and was apparently on friendly terms with him. After the revelation of Parsons' blackmailing it also made me wonder if he was surprised by how the JAG was willing to take on such a loaded case and how all those important folks gave Gibbs a way out (when they revealed his mission), simply because no one would do that for him unless he blackmailed them into it probably.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Colin Hanks plays the smarmy bastard role rather too well....

Spoiler:
                              Whiskey Tango Mama foxtrot-ing Foxtrot is going on at the end... Gibbs can't have shot Fornell.... And where did the team go? There's no way in foxtrot that they all just decide to resign and sit at home doing nothing.... What is their endgame here?

Between this, NCISLA and Castle.... This is going to be a long and annoying summer....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                The last part of the episode

Spoiler:

would imply Gibbs shot Fornell, but I think he either shot him knowing he's wearing a bulletproof vest underneath his clothes (Fornell has to be a special kind of idiot if he's not wearing one when apparently protecting a high target and Gibbs could have easily shot him in the head with him standing there so nicely and giving him ample opportunity to target him) or the shot was meant for someone else. I'm inclined to go for the latter and considering the captain with Gibbs was already shot, there's also a good chance the shot wasn't coming from Gibbs (who either shot Fornell or whoever was in the car) but from whoever shot the captain, or the captain shooting whoever was still in the building while covering Gibbs' six.

All in all, I'm not really satisfied with the finale. I liked the mystery of the 'four months later' but it felt like they tried to put too much into the episode. There was barely any attention to the head case except to tie it in with whatever the CIA was doing and Gibbs' way out of this mess, and while I enjoyed John M Jackson's role I kept waiting for something actually interesting to happen. I had expected more from it. Perhaps this would have been better as a two-parter (or a three-parter with next season's premiere being the last part) to give more time to Gibbs+Franks, Chegwidden+Gibbs+Parsons, head case, and Tony+Ziva+McGee and Abby+Ducky+Palmer.

They could have also skipped the scene in the morgue where Ducky and Palmer are doing the autopsy on the head and the little tidbit about Palmer adopting (unless this case somehow makes that impossible, but the only way that'll happen is he dies from the radiation exposure and they didn't seem that concerned and Palmer and Ducky aren't involved in Gibbs' screw-ups like his team is). The scene in Abby's lab, while humorous, wasn't really necessary either. Same goes for the elevator scene, unless there's going to be more about the illegal wiretaps in the next season but I didn't think it really advanced the plot and could have easily been left out or added to the next episode.

Oh and I was kinda disappointed with how they presented Parsons with Gibbs' absence, both in the revelation itself as well as Parsons' reaction. He sounded like a petulant child rather than the supposed accomplished investigator/lawyer he is.

There's more but I won't go into everything.

I did like the cabin Gibbs had built and all it implied, as well as their meetings there (although I do wonder if any tracking devices/wire taps put onto his team's person wouldn't still work out there via satellite - was a bit careless in my opinion, after the discoveries at NCIS) and could also appreciate the moment between Tony and Ziva, even though I'm not a shipper. The introduction of JMJ was also good and I liked how Parsons seemed kinda taken aback by the fact that the former JAG wanted to represent Gibbs and was apparently on friendly terms with him. After the revelation of Parsons' blackmailing it also made me wonder if he was surprised by how the JAG was willing to take on such a loaded case and how all those important folks gave Gibbs a way out (when they revealed his mission), simply because no one would do that for him unless he blackmailed them into it probably.
                                Spoiler:
                                I too kept waiting for something more to happen especially with Chegwidden.

I think the other body in the final scene is the one shot the active duty SEAL. And we'll probably see how that scene came to pass in the S11 opener.

Also, with the weapon Gibbs and SEAL had prepared whatever body armor Tobias was wearing will not be enough to prevent fatal/near-fatal injuries.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X