Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say that I'm really glad that it was

Spoiler:
    Jenny that bought it. And I think the way she died was noble - trying to protect Gibbs and make up for her past mistakes.

As for the ending

Spoiler:
    I don't think Tony, Ziva and McGee are gone for good. I imagine that the first few episodes of next season will see the three of them in their respective assignments, Gibbs giving the new recruits "what for", none of them measuring up, somehow Gibbs manages to contact Tony, Ziva and McGee and have them look into something, and eventually they'll all be back. Kind of like when Gibbs left at the end of S3 and was back on the team a couple of eps into S4.
    sigpic

Comment

There was one thing that really bothered me:

Spoiler:
      So Gibbs and Franks set Jenny's townhouse on fire? Aren't townhouses generally pretty close to eachother so that they were endangering whoever lived nearby...not to mention the firefighters? That seemed pretty uncalled for to me just so they could hide that lady's body. Aren't there a lot easier ways to go about hiding a body....especially for those guys?!

I'm now thinking that whenever this show ends the last scene should be Gibbs getting arrested for arson and causing the death of some poor innocent neighbor or firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
        Spoiler:
        I do, however, give high marks to Pauley Perette. I didn't really care about Jenny dying at all but Abby made me cry anyway because she just looked so darn sad . (I'm kind of a sympathetic cryer.)
        Spoiler:
        While I did care for Jenny, I didn't actually cry until Abby did. Such great acting.

As for the ending, remember what happened in House? I'm sure the team will be back within a few episodes.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
        The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          OK. Well, I had to have a little bit of time to think about that one.

Spoiler:

I'm a little disappointed - I think we still have some unanswered questions. Like...what was up with Jenny's father and the fingerprints? What was she dying from? And new questions...what was the paper that Vance shredded? I was all prepared to really like him as the new director, but now...I'm not sure what's going on.
          Spoiler:
          i watch this show once in a while, but when i heard that someone was going to die, i made sure to see this one. i thought the episode was well done -and showed more depth of character loss than when kate was killed off- but i like lauren holly and i'm sorry to see her go. but like i said, i don't watch that often so i felt no real connection to the character.

but about jenny dying... something seems weird. first, we don't 'see' jenny die, then we don't see her in the body bag or when she was in the morgue.

at first, when they didn't show these things, i wondered if that was at lauren's request because she's got three small boys that she might not want them to see 'mommy' being killed or dead, but...that seems a rather large request to make, especially if it's such a big character moment for a show. so...

could it be that jenny's not really dead? maybe going in the witness protection program (mom's idea) or just faking her death and going away (to save gibbs)?

i don't know, as stretchy as those ideas are, not showing those things about jenny seems odd.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Hmmm. Interesting finale.

Spoiler:
            Looks like everyone got their wish and Jenny was the only casualty. On the one hand YAY because I didn't care that much about her, but on the other hand meh, because that was the safest sacrifice they could have made.

Spoiler:
            i think it should have been abby, but mom didn't find that funny. but really, she irritates me.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

There was one thing that really bothered me:

Spoiler:
              So Gibbs and Franks set Jenny's townhouse on fire? Aren't townhouses generally pretty close to eachother so that they were endangering whoever lived nearby...not to mention the firefighters? That seemed pretty uncalled for to me just so they could hide that lady's body. Aren't there a lot easier ways to go about hiding a body....especially for those guys?!

Spoiler:
              i kept waiting for it to show that franks was the bad guy. when jenny and him were at the hotel, i was expecting he'd pull a gun and...

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                Spoiler:
                While I did care for Jenny, I didn't actually cry until Abby did. Such great acting.
                Agreed. I was completely unaffected until that scene and then got all sniffly.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                Spoiler:
                but about jenny dying... something seems weird. first, we don't 'see' jenny die, then we don't see her in the body bag or when she was in the morgue.
                Actually...
                Spoiler:
                You could see her face reflected in the pool of blood when Tony and Ziva were investigating. Granted, confirming identity off a reflection is a bit iffy, but T&Z got a better look so I'm going to take it as accepted that Jenny is really dead. It's an interesting theory, but one I hope the producers won't pursue.

Spoiler:
                i think it should have been abby, but mom didn't find that funny. but really, she irritates me.
                Not I.
                Spoiler:
                Abby is probably one of my most favorite characters. I'd probably pick Tony or Ziva for death before picking Abby. Or Ducky.

But of course that's just me. Mileage, as always, varies.

Spoiler:
                i kept waiting for it to show that franks was the bad guy. when jenny and him were at the hotel, i was expecting he'd pull a gun and...
                Spoiler:
                Yeah, I wondered about that a few times myself, but while it'd make for some interesting storytelling I'm not sure I like the idea of turning Gibbs' former mentor into a bad guy. I think we're SUPPOSED to wonder about him, though, and suspect his motives/alliances.

Meanwhile...
                Spoiler:
                I took it as given that Vance is an Evil Nemesis but someone upthread suggested he may be playing a long game and that this is part of some larger, vitally important plan. I think I like that theory better and not just because I don't like the idea of "OMG a Bad Guy is in charge!" or the side effect that would result in his getting booted (one way or another) at the end of next season to make way for ANOTHER new Director. I kinda like Franks. He gives off good menacing vibes, but not necessarily EVIL ones, if that makes any sense. Could go either way, but it'd be nice to have him as a Good Guy. Or at least not bad.

Loved the bit where McGee stabbed himself with the toothpick. LOL!
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 21 May 2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Yeah, I dunno what the deal is with that.
                  Spoiler:
                  I took it as given that he's an Evil Nemesis but someone upthread suggested he may be playing a long game and that this is part of some larger, vitally important plan. I think I like that theory better and not just because I don't like the idea of "OMG a Bad Guy is in charge!" or the side effect that would result in his getting booted (one way or another) at the end of next season to make way for ANOTHER new Director. I kinda like Franks. He gives off good menacing vibes, but not necessarily EVIL ones, if that makes any sense. Could go either way, but it'd be nice to have him as a Good Guy. Or at least not bad.

Loved the bit where McGee stabbed himself with the toothpick. LOL!
                  I think you're thinking about
                  Spoiler:
                  Vance. Franks is Gibb's old mentor.

But I agree that Vance is an intriguing character.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Whoops. Shows you how much attention I've been paying to things.

Never was good with names. Or faces. Or people in general...

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I liked the interaction between McGee and Vance. Before, it was Tony and Ziva who had a connection with the director, but I'm glad that Tim has something in common with this one. The look on his face was so funny when Vance was suggesting all the things to try when cracking the code. And I thought it was great when McGee told himself great work because Vance hadn't said it, but Vance said it two seconds later

Comment

Must.....Not......Read......Thread......

We have just got to the end of S4 in the UK and what you are all typing is really interesting. I shouldn't read any more for my own sanity.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          After all that build-up, I was a little disappointed.

I do, however, give high marks to Pauley Perette. I didn't really care about Jenny dying at all but Abby made me cry anyway because she just looked so darn sad . (I'm kind of a sympathetic cryer.)

And boy, whoever updated the NCIS Wiki article sure is on the ball. I was checking how to spell PP's name and I see they already have Lauren Holly listed as a former regular.
                          I am completely with you here ...I was like *meh* ok its happened...move on...UNITIL
                          Spoiler:
                          Abby started in...then I was bawling away...so kudos to her for pulling me right in with her
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoiler:
                            i watch this show once in a while, but when i heard that someone was going to die, i made sure to see this one. i thought the episode was well done -and showed more depth of character loss than when kate was killed off- but i like lauren holly and i'm sorry to see her go. but like i said, i don't watch that often so i felt no real connection to the character.

at first, when they didn't show these things, i wondered if that was at lauren's request because she's got three small boys that she might not want them to see 'mommy' being killed or dead, but...that seems a rather large request to make, especially if it's such a big character moment for a show. so...

could it be that jenny's not really dead? maybe going in the witness protection program (mom's idea) or just faking her death and going away (to save gibbs)?

i don't know, as stretchy as those ideas are, not showing those things about jenny seems odd.

sally

You do actually see her character
                            Spoiler:
                            in the diner on the floor dead in a pool of blood

BUT you never know...it is TV
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

you know who's demise kinda reminds me of Tanith

Spoiler:
                              Peter wingfield wasn't available for as much as they needed him to be, so he was cgi'd into the crashing alkash

I wonder if, lauren wasn't available for all the shots they needed her to be or if something happened, thus she just had the specific number of scenes and her face was just cgi'd onto the blood. Did we ever really see her in the second half?

It's POSSIBLE that she'd hit her limit of number of eps she was supposed to work, so was only in part one

then again, lying there 'naked' and dead????? not fun.

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                you know who's demise kinda reminds me of Tanith

Spoiler:
                                Peter wingfield wasn't available for as much as they needed him to be, so he was cgi'd into the crashing alkash

I wonder if, lauren wasn't available for all the shots they needed her to be or if something happened, thus she just had the specific number of scenes and her face was just cgi'd onto the blood. Did we ever really see her in the second half?

It's POSSIBLE that she'd hit her limit of number of eps she was supposed to work, so was only in part one

then again, lying there 'naked' and dead????? not fun.

Hmm. That's possible.
                                Spoiler:
                                That shot could've been CGI'd. It was in the first half though wasn't it? I don't think she showed up at all in the second half except in flashbacks.

How many episodes has Lauren been in since the strike? I can only remember three, out of seven (counting the finale as two).
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X