Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
    Well the first thing that Hubs said at that closing scene
    Spoiler:
    was when both men flipped open their knives ready to eat was "now that's a father and son moment, no thought, just action." So while Anthony DiNozzo Sr. may be the father of Tony's youth. Jethro Gibbs is definitely the father of Tony's soul. *clink of bottles is heard*
    Couldn't have said it better myself....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      Since this season started I have seen a subtle shift in the whole Gibbs/Dinozza dynamic personally....

Spoiler:
      Gibbs has said and done things to make it known what he thinks of Tony and his skills and this season Tony seems to be making more and more personal comments to Gibbs indicating that they are talking more in their off time....

So for me this didn't seem off ...
      Spoiler:
      Gibbs is truly more Tony's father figure then apparently his Dad is and that was the message I got from that final scene
      Spoiler:
      Even so, I must have missed some episodes that indicated Tony had become such a regular visitor to Gibbs' home that he feels free to just walk right in without knocking. And in this one, it was like Gibbs was expecting him, and even waiting for him to show up.

The only other times I can recall anything about Tony being in Gibbs' home was during an episode or two in the first couple of season where something had happened to Tony's apartment and he was practically begging Gibbs to let him stay with him. When Gibbs wouldn't, Tony turned to Kate, who also refused to let him stay with her. About the only other time I recall anything about Tony being in Gibbs' home was during the episode where Mike Franks' daughter-in-law and grandchild were in danger and had been taken to Gibbs' house for safety and Tony and Ziva were supposed to be looking out for them (and then took the opportunity to snoop in the basement trying to figure out how the heck Gibbs got that boat out of the basement). Oh, and in another episode where Tony was supposed to be guarding Franks at Gibbs' house and Franks got away from him.

Otherwise, I guess my blinders are on or something, since I've never gotten any particular feeling that Gibbs and Tony had become so chummy with each other.

On another note, I got a real chuckle out of the bit where Tony sees his Dad talking to Ziva, and he says "Dad", and Dad says "Junior". Instantly made me think of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Spoiler:
        Even so, I must have missed some episodes that indicated Tony had become such a regular visitor to Gibbs' home that he feels free to just walk right in without knocking. And in this one, it was like Gibbs was expecting him, and even waiting for him to show up.

The only other times I can recall anything about Tony being in Gibbs' home was during an episode or two in the first couple of season where something had happened to Tony's apartment and he was practically begging Gibbs to let him stay with him. When Gibbs wouldn't, Tony turned to Kate, who also refused to let him stay with her. About the only other time I recall anything about Tony being in Gibbs' home was during the episode where Mike Franks' daughter-in-law and grandchild were in danger and had been taken to Gibbs' house for safety and Tony and Ziva were supposed to be looking out for them (and then took the opportunity to snoop in the basement trying to figure out how the heck Gibbs got that boat out of the basement). Oh, and in another episode where Tony was supposed to be guarding Franks at Gibbs' house and Franks got away from him.

Otherwise, I guess my blinders are on or something, since I've never gotten any particular feeling that Gibbs and Tony had become so chummy with each other.

On another note, I got a real chuckle out of the bit where Tony sees his Dad talking to Ziva, and he says "Dad", and Dad says "Junior". Instantly made me think of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie.
        My kids said the same thing about the bolded part.

As to the other part:
        Spoiler:
        I think they are pretty chummy in the way I said before, but I got the impression in this instance that Gibbs told/invited Tony to come over to his house for dinner and bring the beer. They've all had dinner with each other in different combinations before so I don't think that's such a big deal. I don't think it's so weird for Tony to just walk in if he was invited seeing as how he's stayed there before. My friends and I just walk into each other's houses if we've been invited over and they know we're coming at a certain time.

Speaking of houses, is Tony's the only one we've never seen? I can't remember if we've seen Abby's or not....I know it's been described several times.

ETA: Back to Abby's past, she at least had a grandma because she said that's who taught her to do cartwheels. (Granny was an Olympic swimmer, which has little to do with cartwheels, which is why McGee says Abby's brain is like a pachinko machine. )
        Last edited by Callista; 13 January 2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
          Me neither, I simply started watching one day and got stuck Glad I did!

The JAG episode
          Spoiler:
          Blackadder is the person you are refering to, and she was droppped because she wasn't well recieved, and Kate was introduced.

Flesh and Blood
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          So, we finally get an insight in how Tony's life was, and all I wanted to do was to hug him!
          Spoiler:
          Me too!! Poor baby!!

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
          A random episode quote from an NCIS fan at a convention got me into it. From "Meat Puzzle".

Kate: What did Ducky look like when he was younger?
          Gibbs: Illya Kuryakin.

The fan was throwing an NCIS viewing party in her room that evening and I stopped in. HOOKED!

Last night's ep
          Spoiler:
          I used to watch It Takes a Thief. Flashback time. Anthony instead of Alexander but, he's still living off other people's money.
          Jr. gets his preoccupations ... I hesitate to say 'honestly' ... legitimately?
          I loved Gibbs talk with Sr.

The casting for the 'Dads' has been awesome. Who would you cast as McGee's dad? Abby's?
          In my twisted little mind
          Spoiler:
          Abby is Gibbs daughter from another relationship

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          well, we know that mcgee's dad is military. i could almost see someone like Caldwell or Jacob. an older man, nt stupid, but kinda in awe/scared by their kid's intelligence and what the kid grew up to be. a 'man of action' taht had a hard time accepting that their kid wasn't the same, and who probably disparaged the choice...but now has to admit that their 'geek kid' has grown up to be a good man. so they had a relationship with strain in the past but get along well now.

for abby....i dunno, i'd almost see a conservative person, a religious figure that loves their daughter but considers her to be a freak, so they haven't spoken for a long, long time

that or abby is an orphan. she doesn't know her family.
          That seems to be must logical.

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

The Abby thing won't work, remember in season 1 she is doing sign-language and Kate and Gibbs are talking about Abby's mom or aunt who signs.
          Didn't say nothing of a father figure though.

But the way Abby talks, I don't think she would have a father, or well, like no one who stuck around while she grew up!
          Or one that died while she was still young.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Abby is a strange one, who bowls with nuns? I wonder if she is Catholic...
          I see her more as a cute little girl, which makes me shudder more at the thought of a ship between her and, well....Gibbs
          I think she is. Maybe she went to Catholic school and got friendly with the nuns there?
          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
            Pacci!...Damn, i'm bad with names...
            Yeah, I only remember that one because his name reminds me of Pachinko

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            as to the re-runs, it's called sweeps. november, feb and may the networks are 'graded' on the ratings they get, so they tend to save new episodes for those weeks (july is also sweeps but it doesn't count as much)

so, 12 episodes to air during those 3 months, then your average show has 20-22 episodes...that's 8-10 to scatter about between september, october, december, january, march and april.

thus, into every season, some re-runs will fall.
            Ah okay, makes sense. Or at least as much sense as any other network decision.

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            As to the other part:
            Spoiler:
            I think they are pretty chummy in the way I said before, but I got the impression in this instance that Gibbs told/invited Tony to come over to his house for dinner and bring the beer. They've all had dinner with each other in different combinations before so I don't think that's such a big deal. I don't think it's so weird for Tony to just walk in if he was invited seeing as how he's stayed there before. My friends and I just walk into each other's houses if we've been invited over and they know we're coming at a certain time.

Speaking of houses, is Tony's the only one we've never seen? I can't remember if we've seen Abby's or not....I know it's been described several times.
            You're right, we did see Tony and McGee catching dinner together in the season premier and we know that Ziva's cooked for the team on at least one occasion.

As for Abby's place, wasn't that it in "Cover Story"?

Lastly, while watching a rerun on USA, I found the answer to one half of the Abby's parents issue: she's got a mother alive in S1's "Minimum Security". Other useless trivia: Two SG alumni also appear in this episode, Kasuf and the original Dr. Weir.
            If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
              You're right, we did see Tony and McGee catching dinner together in the season premier and we know that Ziva's cooked for the team on at least one occasion.

As for Abby's place, wasn't that it in "Cover Story"?

Lastly, while watching a rerun on USA, I found the answer to one half of the Abby's parents issue: she's got a mother alive in S1's "Minimum Security". Other useless trivia: Two SG alumni also appear in this episode, Kasuf and the original Dr. Weir.
              If that's the episode where McGee's fan is killing characters from his book she was sleeping at the convent on their couch because something was wrong with her apartment (these people sure have a lot of apartment problems!!). She tried to scare the guy away by saying the nuns would be back at any moment.

Comment

From Ask Ausiello at EW

Question: Rumor has it there’s a big Gibbs story coming up on NCIS. —Leslie

Ausiello: That’s one of those true rumors. The smash procedural is getting ready to introduce the mother of one of Gibbs’ ex-wives — a character exec producer Shane Brennan says will shed light on “what happened in his past.” Casting is underway for the multi-episode role

NC

Comment

oooh, gibbs mother in law

eek, might be worse than his father

why do i have the mental image of a no-nonsense female telling him what to do?
                  'jethro, you're taking me out to dinner'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It does say ex-wife, but wouldn't it be interesting to see a story about his dead wife's parents? Maybe see if they blamed him for their daughter''s and granddaughter's death?

NC

Comment

I dont need to know more about Gibbs' past. . . the man needs a woman. . . they should be concentrating on that. LOL!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I dont need to know more about Gibbs' past. . . the man needs a woman. . . they should be concentrating on that. LOL!
                        Amen to that!
                        I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

I'm flashing back to when Abby told Gibbs he needed to get a life and he misheard her and said "The last thing I need is another wife!"

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                            I'm flashing back to when Abby told Gibbs he needed to get a life and he misheard her and said "The last thing I need is another wife!"
                            Yea, that was a funny moment
                            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

They've cast the Mother-In-Law.....

Ausiello Link

Spoiler:
                              Gena Rowlands is headed to NCIS, and she’s bringing a world of pain with her.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the three-time Emmy winner has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Joann, Gibbs’ intelligent, upscale mother-in-law.

As exec producer Shane Brennan recently told me, the character’s arrival will shed light on Gibbs’ past, unleashing a wave of heartache, anger and blame in the process. You know, standard mother-in-law stuff.

Rowlands makes her NCIS debut in March.

Spoiler:
                              So....... Shannon's mother?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Trailer for next week's episode: http://videos.team-ncis.com/video_768_trailer_7x13.html
                                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Working...
                                X