Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    no, I don't get them...thus the problem. USA is how I got into NCIS and I must say, that I was not interested in it because I saw the Jag two parter that introduced it, didn't like the format. Then one day I just turned it on to USA and I saw Gibbs (who reminds me of my dad) Tony (love him) Ziva (LOVE her) and Mc<insert Tony's nickname> and I enjoyed it to no end!
    I don't even know HOW I got into NCIS. It was about 2 years ago, I guess.....
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
      I started watching it right from the beginning. I don't recall seeing whatever happened on JAG related to it. I just knew I really liked Mark Harmon and Sasha Alexander (the original leading lady), and wanted to watch the show. I was very upset when Sasha left, but liked Cote (Ziva) right away and feel the producers really picked the right person to become the new team member. I've watched it ever since.

Comment

i watched it since the beginning. alwys felt i was watching in a vacuum because it seemed that so few were watching, and that no one was realy a fan...but then the show lasted and lasted and lasted.

as to tonight's eps

Spoiler:
        wow, poor tony. that's what he grew up with? no wonder he's so - appearances wise - shallow. he had to be to likely hide the hurt of daddy's cons
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I started watching it right from the beginning. I don't recall seeing whatever happened on JAG related to it. I just knew I really liked Mark Harmon and Sasha Alexander (the original leading lady), and wanted to watch the show. I was very upset when Sasha left, but liked Cote (Ziva) right away and feel the producers really picked the right person to become the new team member. I've watched it ever since.
          Spoilers for the pilot episode: I saw the JAG episodes,
          Spoiler:
          but they were something else in the same way S1 is different from S7. They had another character with a cool name (Blackadder), but who was nowhere near as cool as either Kate or Ziva. Probably one of the few NCIS characters that I dislike. Gibbs was still Gibbs (which is to say, great), but Abby had a thing for Tony, and Ducky was a bit more of a flirt.
          If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Okay, I started watching NCIS with the help of watching J.A.G.,.. Personally I am glad Sasha Alexander came instead of the girl that was on the show on the J.A.G. spin-off.

I have always like Mark Harmon, watched him since St. Elsewhere. Loved him in Chicago Hope too!

About tonight's episode
            Spoiler:
            Oh WOW, DiNozzo Sr., I wanted to hit him. Tony Jr. needs a hug, Gibbs, deserves a big hug, watching out for his team or his family, so to speak! I love the talk Gibbs had with DiNozzo Sr.
            Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
            sigpic
            Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              no, I don't get them...thus the problem. USA is how I got into NCIS and I must say, that I was not interested in it because I saw the Jag two parter that introduced it, didn't like the format. Then one day I just turned it on to USA and I saw Gibbs (who reminds me of my dad) Tony (love him) Ziva (LOVE her) and Mc<insert Tony's nickname> and I enjoyed it to no end!
              That's unfortunate. I almost lost the Fox channel recently because my local Fox affiliate was asking for more money from my cable company. It happened a few years ago as well and we lost Fox for a short time until they finally hashed out a deal. We didn't lose it this time luckily as Iowa was playing in the Orange Bowl playing on Fox during the time we might have lost it. Would have been very bad.

I wasn't entirely sure about NCIS myself when they had that two part ep. on JAG. But I decided to give it a shot and they did have a slight cast change once the show premiered which I thought worked out and then introduced McGee. So in the end I have loved NCIS even more than the series it came from.

Tonight's NCIS.

Spoiler:
              I've been watching an old show of Robert Wagner's-It Takes A Thief- and his character on tonight's ep. of NCIS really reminded me of his character on It Takes a Thief. All that charm with the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                Me neither, I simply started watching one day and got stuck Glad I did!

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                Spoilers for the pilot episode: I saw the JAG episodes,
                Spoiler:
                but they were something else in the same way S1 is different from S7. They had another character with a cool name (Blackadder), but who was nowhere near as cool as either Kate or Ziva. Probably one of the few NCIS characters that I dislike. Gibbs was still Gibbs (which is to say, great), but Abby had a thing for Tony, and Ducky was a bit more of a flirt.
                The JAG episode
                Spoiler:
                Blackadder is the person you are refering to, and she was droppped because she wasn't well recieved, and Kate was introduced.

Flesh and Blood
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                So, we finally get an insight in how Tony's life was, and all I wanted to do was to hug him!
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

A random episode quote from an NCIS fan at a convention got me into it. From "Meat Puzzle".

Kate: What did Ducky look like when he was younger?
                  Gibbs: Illya Kuryakin.

The fan was throwing an NCIS viewing party in her room that evening and I stopped in. HOOKED!

Last night's ep
                  Spoiler:
                  I used to watch It Takes a Thief. Flashback time. Anthony instead of Alexander but, he's still living off other people's money.
                  Jr. gets his preoccupations ... I hesitate to say 'honestly' ... legitimately?
                  I loved Gibbs talk with Sr.

The casting for the 'Dads' has been awesome. Who would you cast as McGee's dad? Abby's?
                  Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                  sigpic

Comment

well, we know that mcgee's dad is military. i could almost see someone like Caldwell or Jacob. an older man, nt stupid, but kinda in awe/scared by their kid's intelligence and what the kid grew up to be. a 'man of action' taht had a hard time accepting that their kid wasn't the same, and who probably disparaged the choice...but now has to admit that their 'geek kid' has grown up to be a good man. so they had a relationship with strain in the past but get along well now.

for abby....i dunno, i'd almost see a conservative person, a religious figure that loves their daughter but considers her to be a freak, so they haven't spoken for a long, long time

that or abby is an orphan. she doesn't know her family.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      well, we know that mcgee's dad is military. i could almost see someone like Caldwell or Jacob. an older man, nt stupid, but kinda in awe/scared by their kid's intelligence and what the kid grew up to be. a 'man of action' taht had a hard time accepting that their kid wasn't the same, and who probably disparaged the choice...but now has to admit that their 'geek kid' has grown up to be a good man. so they had a relationship with strain in the past but get along well now.

for abby....i dunno, i'd almost see a conservative person, a religious figure that loves their daughter but considers her to be a freak, so they haven't spoken for a long, long time

The Abby thing won't work, remember in season 1 she is doing sign-language and Kate and Gibbs are talking about Abby's mom or aunt who signs.
                      Didn't say nothing of a father figure though.

But the way Abby talks, I don't think she would have a father, or well, like no one who stuck around while she grew up!
                      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                      sigpic
                      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

The Abby thing won't work, remember in season 1 she is doing sign-language and Kate and Gibbs are talking about Abby's mom or aunt who signs.
                        Didn't say nothing of a father figure though.

But the way Abby talks, I don't think she would have a father, or well, like no one who stuck around while she grew up!
                        Abby is a strange one, who bowls with nuns? I wonder if she is Catholic...
                        I see her more as a cute little girl, which makes me shudder more at the thought of a ship between her and, well....Gibbs
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Interesting, I always thought that McGee had too much confidence in his smarts to have not had his parents support. So while I agree his dad might not have understood him, I picture him more as one of those who would say "That's great, Tim" even if he had no clue what he was talking about.

As for Abby...have we heard anything about her parents since we found out they were both deaf?
                          If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

well, my interpretation of tim is from:
                            he's so unsure and kinda timid in the beginning. finding his place and all that. he's also your typical polite person in the company of two men that are impatient (not necessarily mean but sometimes rude....gibb's 'to the point' attitude, no patience for politness and niceties, just down to business)
                            yet tim is also very smart, but almost seemed tentative about showing it in the beginning. but he grew in confidence and now gives as good as he gets.

but we went from the tim that stayed home when the team went to dangerous areas (the time that tony and ziva went to the middle east), to one that's along for the ride wherever they go.

i remember tim saying that he grew up on bases, so i'm thinking military brat. but he's also the body type and personality that's often the target of bullies, which sometimes explains his non-confrontational attitude. and suggests to me a dad that supported his kid, even as he didn't 'get' him, but also a dad that would have known better how to relate to a 'manly man' as opposed to a brainiac. (think gibbs and his father's relationships, warrior to warrior, man to man)

abby....you know with her bowling with nuns, i could almost see her as an orphan, or parentless. she's made her own family.

sigpic

Comment

I just saw the episode!!!
                              Loved it, great to see tony's dad.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Just wanna comment on NCIS:LA before i hit the Original....

Spoiler:
                                Anyone get a strong Pancho/Paco vibe from the comment about the missing team member at the end........... got a STRONG feeling that was going to be VERY important, either next week or in the next few episodes

Oh.... and did they use 'The Units' Casting company to get the supporting characters?

Now for NCIS Epi 150....

Spoiler:
                                Whoa.... So thats the D-Bag that frakked up Tony's childhood......

Loved the scene at the end with Tony and Gibbs...and the Talk Gibbs had with TDSr....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X