Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
    Yeah I did see that it had a *T* rating and thought....Huh????

But I have to agree with Skydiver on this one...a lot of Fic writers tend to take characters into their own personal bent of the world after maybe a fic or two that is closer to character....for many its just what they want to do and hopefully they put enough warnings or "Author's Notes" at the beginning to allow the reader an opportunity to decide if they want to go down that road.

I have read some fic writer's that do a really wonderful job with various TV shows but they also have some fic that is completely off the wall...however, they are really careful to give the reader great A/N (author notes) so the reader knows what is coming. I have been very appreciative of that because I would hate to stumble on to a fic that was off the wall by an author I thought was really good only to be really turned off by this or that and find that my enthusiasm for reading their work had been diminished.

It might seem weird since they can and still will write the wonderful stuff, but it will just be in the back of my head that they did something too weird for my taste with the characters and I would worry if I might be blindsided in an upcoming paragraph.......
    Trust me, when reading something like that and you haven't a clue, by the time you figure it out it is too late

Thus no more random google searches for me....
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Trust me, when reading something like that and you haven't a clue, by the time you figure it out it is too late

Thus no more random google searches for me....
      Awww (((aretood2)))
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

want a shock? try being new in the fandom and world of fanfic and having no idea at all what 'slash' meant.

i thought it was horror, like slasher...boy was I surprised.

I'm not a shipper for NCIS, in fact, i refuse to even look into the fandom. I can only handle one at a time...and after dealing with the stargate fandom for so long, i hesitate to immerse myself in another puddle of insanity

that said, in watching the show, i thik the only ship i can reasonably see is tony/ziva...yet they're so dysfunctional all i could ever see happening on the show is a little 'stress relief' and they get it out of their systems and move on. gibbs seez ziva as a daughter of a sort, abby definitely as a daughter. I can see abby/mcgee working in the long run...did they ever deal with Palmer and the fact that he was sleeping with the double agent? (what's her name, the asian woman that got shot on the bus)

i know it was a comedy bent how many times and how often they, 'relieved stress' at work...but did they ever deal with him and her death?

anyway, over all, i watch the show for the team and solving the crimes, not to keep a scorecard of who should be shagging whom
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know they had something between palmer and Lee between the reveal and her death..... but i don't remember if they had any reaction post her death....

Having quite a bit of spare time on my hands, i've seen my fair share of...... unusual happenings in Fanfics...i try and mostly stay away from the Crazy side of Fanfiction...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            Awww (((aretood2)))
            I feel all warm and fuzzy....o.O
            Can't....breath.....tame....is..... hugging....too....much!
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              want a shock? try being new in the fandom and world of fanfic and having no idea at all what 'slash' meant.

i thought it was horror, like slasher...boy was I surprised.

I'm not a shipper for NCIS, in fact, i refuse to even look into the fandom. I can only handle one at a time...and after dealing with the stargate fandom for so long, i hesitate to immerse myself in another puddle of insanity

that said, in watching the show, i thik the only ship i can reasonably see is tony/ziva...yet they're so dysfunctional all i could ever see happening on the show is a little 'stress relief' and they get it out of their systems and move on. gibbs seez ziva as a daughter of a sort, abby definitely as a daughter. I can see abby/mcgee working in the long run...did they ever deal with Palmer and the fact that he was sleeping with the double agent? (what's her name, the asian woman that got shot on the bus)

i know it was a comedy bent how many times and how often they, 'relieved stress' at work...but did they ever deal with him and her death?

anyway, over all, i watch the show for the team and solving the crimes, not to keep a scorecard of who should be shagging whom
              I thought the same thing about slash when I first discovered fanfic. So I avoided it for a long time and then decided to check one out and suddenly realized the two main male characters from the show were being shown in a very different kind of relationship than I had ever thought of. Still not realizing what slash meant I was rather confused.

I avoid NCIS fanfic because I have no interest in reading ship/slash fic in that fandom. And more often than not I find myself running into Tony/Gibbs fic. But also I find the show very satisfying and well done that I don't really feel the need to read NCIS fanfic.

Palmer and Agent Lee broke up before things started happening with her and there was an episode where Vance and Gibbs asked Palmer about Lee which is where he said they had broken up. I don't think we ever got a reaction from Palmer after everything about Lee had come out and she was dead though.

Comment

Ha! Yeah, I also was thinking slasher/horror when I first started seeing the term slash for fanfic.

I don't read NCIS fanfic either, as a regular rule. I don't have any interest in reading ship/slash for this show, and I haven't seen much gen/team type fic out there.

Just finished watching last week's NCIS and NCIS LA and am watching this week's NCIS now - last week's episode was great!
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Wow - that was quite an episode! What did everyone think?
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Wow - that was quite an episode! What did everyone think?
                    I have yet to make my second watch, but this probably ranks in my top five. This is the episode I was waiting for and it didn't disappoint.

Comment

I have to wait for it to be up on the website
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else think of
                        Spoiler:
                        Kate, or maybe that Tony was thinking of Kate, when Ziva made the comment about being too old for Spring Break?
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else think of
                          Spoiler:
                          Kate, or maybe that Tony was thinking of Kate, when Ziva made the comment about being too old for Spring Break?
                          Spoiler:
                          Nope. Saddly, I got into NCIS after Kate had died.

I did feel very sorry for Ziva though. I probably would've commited murder if I was in her position.
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Did anyone else think of
                            Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Nope. Saddly, I got into NCIS after Kate had died.

I did feel very sorry for Ziva though. I probably would've commited murder if I was in her position.
                            I dare not read them...Oh what a cruel fate this is!!! To have to wait to see what others have seen! I scorn the day I got this crummy Dishnetwork package!
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              I dare not read them...Oh what a cruel fate this is!!! To have to wait to see what others have seen! I scorn the day I got this crummy Dishnetwork package!
                              You can't get the local channels?
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                You can't get the local channels?
                                no, I don't get them...thus the problem. USA is how I got into NCIS and I must say, that I was not interested in it because I saw the Jag two parter that introduced it, didn't like the format. Then one day I just turned it on to USA and I saw Gibbs (who reminds me of my dad) Tony (love him) Ziva (LOVE her) and Mc<insert Tony's nickname> and I enjoyed it to no end!
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X