Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Time Travel Theory (contains spoilers up to mobieus and Before I sleep)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Time Travel Theory (contains spoilers up to mobieus and Before I sleep)

Basically Time travel in Stargate contadicts it self tremendously. Well actually 1969 contradics all the other examples.

There are basically three possibilties for show when doing timetravel.

1)There is one universe and timetravle FUBAR it the timeline itself alters (Back to the Future is an example)
    2) There are mutiple timelines whne you nack you create an new one with your alteration in. (can't think of famous example though)
    3) Changing the time line is impossible if you o back in time you had to becuase that was the way it always happens. (a la 1969 if taken on its own)

'1969' follow theory 3. SG-1 always went back in time alwayts met hammond and co alwayts got back home. It's a closed loop. This is also what SG-1 attempts in Mobeios but fails

however '2010' either follows 1 or 2 the note radically changes the timeline and either th 2010 verse exsist and theres a new time line with said radical changes or the radical changes overwrite the 2010 verse.

so does 'Before I sleep' and 'Mobieus.' I would also ponit out the exsistance of the quantaum mirror tends to lean me heavliy towards theory 2.

So we have explicit examples of both theories of time travel:

whcih means SG-1 must folow a sort of mix between 1/2 and 3. The time line must try to preserve itself as far as possible such as the minor impact of 1969 having no effect unless the change's you intorduce are so radical the timeline has to split to avoid compeltewly re-writing itself.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2
Working...
X