This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zats and Intars

Ok, we know that Zat guns have the following function: One shot K.O.'s, two shots kill, and three shots vaporize. And we also know that Intars are goa'uld-designed devices used for training that make any weapon to which it is attached non-lethal. So, what if we attatched an Intar to a zat? Would we be able to shot someone over and over without ever killing them? And would the Zat shoot an Orange stream of energy, like it does usually, only blue, or would it shoot an orange blob of light, like seen with machine guns? (This is just something i was thinking of the other day)
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

the intars aren't devices attached to real weapons, they are weapons designed to look like other weapons. if intars could be attached to weapons, there would have been no need for a cache of real staff weapons to be hidden in Rules of Engagement, they could have just removed them and used the weapons as normal.

if a person was to create an Intar Zat then that weapons would only stun. since its not a real Zat, the 2 shot kill, 3 shot disintergrate limit wouldn't be in effect.

i don't remember anything ever being said about them being attachments to real weapons

sigpic

Comment

really? i was always under the impression that they were special attachments that you could put onto different weapons. i still want a few more people to post though, just so i can make sure. thank you very much, though.

Comment

the intars are definately specially built weapons. here is the catch that i think maybe where you are being mislead. intars of human weapons are basically the same, except that the clip is different. you can swap them in and out with live rounds and intar rounds. however a zat or staff doesnt have an ammo clip so its not switchable. re watch "Proving Ground" in season five for more info, they use them extensively and oniell switches clips in his weapon from intar rounds to live rounds (well blanks, but still the point remains the same)

Comment

its still possible that human intar weapons aren't able to fire live ammo

like you said, in proving ground you did see the intars being loaded with normal ammo which turned out to be just blanks (both o'neill and i believe elliot did this) so although the Zats and staff weapons can't be changed to fire normally, its also possible that the human based weapons also can't changed. it wouldn't be much of a training weapon if you could just load it with live ammo and kill someone

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
            its still possible that human intar weapons aren't able to fire live ammo

like you said, in proving ground you did see the intars being loaded with normal ammo which turned out to be just blanks (both o'neill and i believe elliot did this) so although the Zats and staff weapons can't be changed to fire normally, its also possible that the human based weapons also can't changed. it wouldn't be much of a training weapon if you could just load it with live ammo and kill someone
            if it can handle a blank round, it could handle a live round. a blank round has the same force and expells the same amount of gas as a live round, there is just no slug being pushed out.

Comment

cool, i learned yet another thing today. i also noticed that jonas usually carried an Intar-M9. Just thought i'd say that.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                if it can handle a blank round, it could handle a live round. a blank round has the same force and expells the same amount of gas as a live round, there is just no slug being pushed out.
                well thats what i mean, how do you know that a intar gun can actually fire the bullet? since nothing is actually being pushed out, perhaps the intar doesn't have a regular barrel for the bullet to go through.

since the gun fires energy and not a solid projectile, there could be no way for a real bullet to be fired out of the gun

cool, i learned yet another thing today. i also noticed that jonas usually carried an Intar-M9. Just thought i'd say that.
                he did? i noticed that once but it was all apart of a delusion (which is strange because the character had no knowledge of intars)

sigpic

Comment

well thats what i mean, how do you know that a intar gun can actually fire the bullet? since nothing is actually being pushed out, perhaps the intar doesn't have a regular barrel for the bullet to go through.

since the gun fires energy and not a solid projectile, there could be no way for a real bullet to be fired out of the gun
                  if it didnt have a working barrel it would explode when it fired the blank.

Comment

Sort of. Some guns that fire blanks don't create as much pressure as a standard gun, which doesn't allow for proper blowback. They have a modification that does something to black the barrel somewhat so there is enough pressure created when firing a blank.

Also, I believe the MP5 and Berretta Intars operated with a special type of ammo in the clip. They had rounds with red "bullets" loaded into them with each of those rounds likely fcontaining whatever energy round that's fired.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

he did? i noticed that once but it was all apart of a delusion (which is strange because the character had no knowledge of intars)
                      He has an intar outside of the delusion as well. You can see it in one of the Kelownan briefing scenes, either the last one when they are around the map, or during the private conversation with the First Minister, I can't remember which.
                      I thought it was a cool little detail, because I couldn't see Jack trusting him with a weapon.

Comment

Working...
                      X