Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assumed that different off shoots of Goa'uld were like different forms of English. Where you have American English, United Kingdom English, Australian English and so on. The Goa'uld language could be similar, with different planets and gods using different "slang" Goa'uld...

On an unrelated note, since I was watching Children Of The Gods the other day, did you know that Goa'uld translated into english means "Gods"
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
      I assumed that different off shoots of Goa'uld were like different forms of English. Where you have American English, United Kingdom English, Australian English and so on. The Goa'uld language could be similar, with different planets and gods using different "slang" Goa'uld...

On an unrelated note, since I was watching Children Of The Gods the other day, did you know that Goa'uld translated into english means "Gods"
      Could be, but from the little I know of such things the languages claimed as dialects are completely unrelated: Linear A in "Brief Candle", Aztec (or was it Mayan?) in "Evolution", the proto-Egyptian from Stargate. Can't seem to remember any other actual examples to site.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
        I've noticed that, too... Seems that's how strongly the goa'uld believe themselves to be gods - they named their own race "God".
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

That's interesting. Gou'ald means God. What a strange name for a race of aliens. Why not, The Gods? Just seems strange
          __

__

Comment

Well, I suppose it could mean "Gods" just as well as "God" considering the word goa'uld is the same both singular and plural...
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              Well, I suppose it could mean "Gods" just as well as "God" considering the word goa'uld is the same both singular and plural...
              Hmm, iiiinteresting...

Comment

I thought Danny translated it to be Children of the Gods. Hence the title of he pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  That's interesting. Gou'ald means God. What a strange name for a race of aliens. Why not, The Gods? Just seems strange
                  That would be far too easy, besides, then we couldn't have threads like: "How do you pronounce Goa'uld?"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by cdcarter
                    I thought Danny translated it to be Children of the Gods. Hence the title of he pilot.
                    Actually It was Skaara who translated it.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                    X