Stargate ship models by Eaglemoss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image.png

I have all but the Hatak, and I hope they restock that one, so far I really like the quality of the Eaglemoss ships. Better than the Star Trek ships I had a few years ago that broke.​

Comment

The Prometheus is mine! Well, it will be mine, once they ship it, which will apparently take until January.

Die-cast wishlist: Death Glider (CotGFC) -Puddle Jumper (SGA S.1) - Destiny -Tel'tak (CotGFC) - Al'kesh - Atlantis (SGA S.1)- Lucian Alliance Ha'tak (SGU) - Apophis' Flagship - Wraith Hive - Wraith Super Hive - Seed Ship

Comment

The Hammond will be released as a "Collectors Club" exclusive. I wonder if it will say "Hammond" or "George Hammond" and what number it will have - I don't think we've ever seen that part of the ship up close.
        Last edited by dantini; 11 December 2023, 11:00 AM.

Die-cast wishlist: Death Glider (CotGFC) -Puddle Jumper (SGA S.1) - Destiny -Tel'tak (CotGFC) - Al'kesh - Atlantis (SGA S.1)- Lucian Alliance Ha'tak (SGU) - Apophis' Flagship - Wraith Hive - Wraith Super Hive - Seed Ship

Comment

Originally posted by dantini View Post
          The Hammond will be released as a "Collectors Club" exclusive. I wonder if it will say "Hammond" or "George Hammond" and what number it will have - I don't think we've ever seen that part of the ship up close.
          They showed it in Atlantis 4x20 The Last Man. I am more worried about that the name of the ships were on the hulls in Battlestar Galactica, but not in Stargate. Or maybe I haven't noticed it.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2023/...lub-exclusive/

It is too expensive. If anyone want to be a ship collectors’ membership then they don’t care about any online events. There is no free model included, because I personally could have considered an extra +20GBP next to the regular model price. And even the Hammond looks like the Daedalus what I already have got. So I am not happy as this greedy step sends a wrong competitive message to the fans while they haven’t showed the quality of their first own product (the Prometheus) yet. It is also a strange business model if the main benefit is the 24 hours early access. Collect money from pre-orders, but please produce enough ships. It feels they want to max out their profit margine without own investment.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Are the name and number on the Phoenix in 4x20 discernible in the HD version? I only have the DVD and I can't tell.

Anyway - I agree, it seems too expensive for what you get.

Edit: In SGU 1x19 it seems to say "Hammond". I still can't read the number.
            Last edited by dantini; 13 December 2023, 06:14 AM.

Comment

https://nitter.net/MasterReplicas_/s...700114325588#m

8 Stargate ships in 2024, one of which is an exclusive (the Hammond, I guess?).

Comment

I made a little addition to my F-302:

Attached Files
                Last edited by dantini; 30 December 2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

https://nitter.net/BenCSRobinson/sta...910608765082#m

Well, that explains why the Prometheus is almost entirely plastic.

The simple geometry and the lack of surface detail don't surprise me though... after all, that's exactly what it looked like (in all episodes but one). I just wish they'd used clear blue plastic for the glow inside the hyperdrive pods.

Comment

Spot the differences!

Comment

Well, I've finally received the X-303 Prometheus from Master Replicas last week (that I ordered last year) and I was very pleasantly surprised.

After all the negative reviews I've seen online, I expected a subpar product. However, compared to the Yorktown-class Enterprise-F from STO I have ordered along with it, it's twice the lenght*, better fit and finish and only like 20% more expensive. Now I'm waiting to receive the Ha'tak, and if it is anywhere near the quality, I'll be happy.

Basically if like me, you find the Prometheus to be the main symbolic ship of the Tauri in Stargate, you'll be satisfied. Sure, the model is mostly plastic, but it is detailed enough, it has a nice texture showing individual "armour" plates, is sturdy enough and very distinctive. 304 class was just a derivative of it and could be compared a lot easier with some battlestar designs for example, so nowhere near as interesting to have on a shelf.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the one biggest downside I can see on the X-303 model - the panel lines between various plastic pieces of the model are pretty noticeable, particularly on the rear tower. I can see why that could be a dealbreaker for some.

*Basically you see the Prometheus on a shelf, you don't see the Star Trek ship, that disappointed me greatly.

Comment

There are some great new pictures on the website of Ed Giddings who converted and rendered CG models fior Eaglemoss: https://www.cgreactor.com/portfolio.html

The Asgard mothership model they have seems to be the Beliskner class as it looked in episode 5x22 (my comparison). There are also some pictures of Destiny, I'm pretty sure it's the original screen-used model as well.

The Milky Way stargate is his own model though, and I hope Master Replicas won't use that one for anything because its proportions aren't very accurate... There are so much better ones out there.
                        Last edited by dantini; 15 February 2024, 01:19 PM.

Comment

The Odyssey will be available for pre-order from April 12th.

Comment

Since I don't agree with some of the scales given here, I'm going to start my own version:
                            -
                            Sources: TY = Trekyards, SB = Spinobreaker, QMX = Quantum Mechanix, BA = Bad-Azz Models
                            -
                            # Name Die-cast length In-universe length Scale Notes
                            1 Daedalus 225 mm 732 m 1:3253 Default length of the CG model (TY, SB). Hangar bays just large enough to launch and store F-302s.
                            2 Ha'tak 173 mm 914 - 1000 m 1:5283 - 1:5780 According to concept art. Possibly scaled down to 391 m in Supergate battle (BM).
                            3 Death Glider 105 mm
                            (width 200 mm, height 65 mm)
                            8.53 m
                            (width 13.99 m, height 4.50 m)
                            1:69 - 1:81 Default size of the final and best CG version (TY, SB, QMX). The EM model is however based on a fanmade model whose proportions are different.
                            4 F-302 109 mm 14.26 m 1:131 Default length of the second CG model (TY, SB, QMX).
                            5 Prometheus 180 mm 516 m 1:2867 Default length of the final CG model (TY, SB). Launch bays just wide enough for F-302s.
                            1a George Hammond 225 mm 732 m 1:3253 Same as the Daedalus.
                            1b Odyssey 225 mm 732 m 1:3253 Same as the Daedalus.
                            6 Puddle Jumper 145 mm (TBC) 8.6 or 12.3 m 1:59 or 1:85 (TBC) The first CG model is 8.6 m long (SB), which I believe is accurate to the season 1 physical version. A larger one - 12.3 m according to set plans - was built for season 2.
                            TBA Destiny 808 ± 13 m Possibly default length of the CG model (BM).
                            TBA Wraith Dart 10 m Default length of the first CG model (SB). Width (4.5m) fits inner gate diameter. Second CG model seemed too large next to F-302s.
                            TBA Destiny Shuttle 26.5 m Default length of the CG model. The physical cockpit interior matches, though the rear area of the set was shortened.
                            TBA Beliskner (---) (---) Unknown.
                            -
                            X-301 8.8 m Length should match Death Glider.
                            X-302 14.26 m Same length as an F-302, although the exact length of the X-302/first F-302 CG model is unknown.
                            Tel'tak (---) Default length of the best CG model is 14.7 m (SB). Even though the overall size of the interior set is similar, it wouldn't really fit into the CG ship at all. The size of the cockpit windows as well as the opening for the transportation rings in SG1 7x22 and CotG FC indicate a length of approximately 35 m.
                            Al'kesh 69 m Default CG size (TY, SB). This roughly matches the cockpit window size.
                            O'Neill class (---) Unknown. Likely scaled up next to Prometheus in SG1 6x12; possibly scaled down to 374 m in 9x20 (BM).
                            Seed Ship (---) Exact size unknown, 380 - 480 m next to Destiny?
                            Atlantis 1.33 km Default size of the first CG model according to Bruce Woloshyn. This is about consistent with the size of the gate room and balcony sets. Second CG model was scaled up to 4.3 km (SB), which makes it large enough for the Daedalus to land between the piers.
                            Aurora class 1265 ± 15 m Approximate default CG size (TY, SB).
                            Wraith Shuttle (---) Unknown, small enough to fit into Daedalus class launch bay. The schematics in 5x11 indicate a size of 117 x 53 m, but that would be wider than the hangar doors and wouldn't leave enough space for F-302s at the sides.
                            Wraith Cruiser 600 m Default size of the second CG model (SB). First CG model is 610 ± 15 m long on 2005 internal scale chart.
                            Wraith Hive 3292 ± 15 m Size of the first CG model on 2005 internal scale chart. Fits with size of the cruiser. Schematics with the Daedalus in SGA 2x20 indicate 7500 - 10000 m though.
                            Wraith Super Hive (---) Probably same size as a regular hive or slightly larger?
                            Ori Mothership (---) Shouldn't be much longer than 400m, if it was supposed to fit through the first supergate, whose segments came through a regular gate. Comparison to people and houses in 9x19 also doesn't make it seem huge. Greatly scaled up next to other ships.
                            Last edited by dantini; Yesterday, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dantini View Post
                              The Odyssey will be available for pre-order from April 12th.
                              And I forgot to set an alarm, checked 30 mins later, and it had all sold out. Absolutely gutted. I've not managed to snag a 304 yet.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/MasterRepli...PJoKEtX1yv4ETl

Looks like we may be getting a milky way gate model...

Comment

Working...
                                X