This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my to-do list for the 5 ZPMs (spoilers)

assuming all they find all the ZPMs(thanks to old weir and the ancient jonas in "Before I Sleep") and they're at full power, heres what id do with them:

ZPM-1 and 2- use these to power the city

ZPM-3-save for a rainy day (like if they dont have enough power for the sheild when the wraith attack)

ZPM-4-give to the little gray men from the nether regions of space

ZPM-5- after going to earth, give it to the s.g.c. for them to use

what would you do?
    Last edited by Ragnarok13; 19 February 2005, 03:06 PM.
    anyone up for some Armageddon?

ZPM 1: Power the city
    ZPM 2: use for intergalactic gate travel
    ZPM 3: put in the Ancient outpost in Antarctica to power weapon
    ZPM 4: give to Asguard for them to study so they can figure out how to make more
    ZPM 5: give to Spiko so he could start his Empire.
    Yo no sé.

Comment

well i guess it would really depend on much energy opening the gate would require from a fully powered ZPM but i give

1 for Earth. i think it would definitely need one for the Outpost. assuming on the power needed for the gate, this would could also power the gate.

2 for Atlantis to use. the Naquadah reactors would still power most of the city but 1 would be used on a low setting to temporarily power other parts of the city for a short amount of time. this would allow it to also power the gate. the second would be used for weapons and defense. the first one could also get used (since it wouldn't have used a lot of power) to help reinforce the shields and weapons.

2 for ships. 1 for the Daedalus and 1 for the Prometheus. this would increase shields, weapons and engines (which would make wasting ZPM energy on the gate unnessecary)

edit: just remember, the daedalus would have 1. instead use the left over one to be used in a new generation ship based on technology from the Asgard and Ancient technology from Pegasus
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 19 February 2005, 07:25 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spiko
        ZPM 1: Power the city
        ZPM 2: use for intergalactic gate travel
        ZPM 3: put in the Ancient outpost in Antarctica to power weapon
        ZPM 4: give to Asguard for them to study so they can figure out how to make more
        ZPM 5: give to Spiko so he could start his Empire.
        lol, i dont think you could be trusted with a ZPM, and i never thought of giving 1 to the asguard, good idea

Comment

when were these 5 zpms mentioned
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            when were these 5 zpms mentioned
            In the Atlantis episode Before I Sleep.
            Spoiler:
            weir from the past had a list of gate addresses which lead to Ancient outposts like the one on earth, so they have ZPMs powering them (assuming they haven't been left on for thousands of years like Atlantis and Proclarush Taonas

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah

Seems that im getting forgetful in my old age
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

old weir said that the adresses were to ancient outposts, so there could be more there besides just a zpm like a few ships or weapons.

Comment

thats right they were suposed to be at ancint out posts, that probably means their will be a chair device at atleast on of them, which after seeing what happened to anubis, coud take out a hive ship or 2 each if they are in the vicinity of the planet

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
                    ZPM-4-use to give the gate enough power to go to earth
                    part of powering the city is gate operations-zpms 1 and 2 (on your list) would be the ones doing this job. also, it doesent take a full zpm to use a 8 symbol address-the one from lost city was almost empty when tey used it to get to atlantis
                    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

1 and 2-power atlantis/gate travel
                      3-power earth outpost(if
                      Spoiler:
                      it is not out of ammo like atlantis is

4-power Daedalus or [spoilers]if earth is out of ammo[/spoiler] power prometheus
                      5-where ever necessary/if one dies
                      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                        well i guess it would really depend on much energy opening the gate would require from a fully powered ZPM but i give

1 for Earth. i think it would definitely need one for the Outpost. assuming on the power needed for the gate, this would could also power the gate.

2 for Atlantis to use. the Naquadah reactors would still power most of the city but 1 would be used on a low setting to temporarily power other parts of the city for a short amount of time. this would allow it to also power the gate. the second would be used for weapons and defense. the first one could also get used (since it wouldn't have used a lot of power) to help reinforce the shields and weapons.

2 for ships. 1 for the Daedalus and 1 for the Prometheus. this would increase shields, weapons and engines (which would make wasting ZPM energy on the gate unnessecary)

edit: just remember, the daedalus would have 1. instead use the left over one to be used in a new generation ship based on technology from the Asgard and Ancient technology from Pegasus
                        just the thing about a ZPM for the ships, when you said put it in the ships so u wouldnt waste energy on the gate, im assuming you mean sending people to atlantis by ship , but heres your problem the ancients said(in "Before I Sleep") they sent their best ships to fight the wraith, but still lost (because they were out-numbered 20 to 1) so if ANCIENT ships would be defeated , sending in the x-303 and the dadelus, as soon as the wraith saw them they would be attacked and pobably destroyed, so it might be a suercide ro go by ship.
                        Executive 1:Uh O! Our ratings are -9
                        Executive 2:What could be so bad to do that to the greatest network in the universe?
                        Executive1:It's gotta be that dang star-fence show
                        Executive2: I say we cancel it!
                        Executive1:OR we could make a movie so awsome, everyone will love it!
                        Executive 2: but what about what happend last time sir?
                        Executive 1: O yes,NOTE TO SELF never make a movie that has somone with a lawyer...damn vampires
                        Executive 2: How about walrus's?
                        Executive 1:GENIUS!, but for extra zing will make it possed by alien ghost cowboys. It could be in Las Vegas, with zombies
                        Executive 2:Lawyers Sir
                        Executive 1: DAMN
                        Executive 2: stereo-type canadians?
                        Executive 1: PERFECT! but were gonna need a star.
                        Executive 2: let's use an actor from Sungate
                        Executive 1:Id use the guy with bling on his head but his last name is judge, they scare me
                        Executive 2:Will just kidnap and brainwash a model..again
                        Executive 1: WE ARE GODS!

Comment

1&2 to power Atlantis
                          3 send to Earth, perhaps move the Antartic Base to SGC(it could be done it was part of Atlantis whos to say they didnt have rockets on it, or carry it via puddle jumper. Moving it to the SGC the power could be split several ways. I say mvoe to SGC and not move SGC because who'd wanna goto Antartica?
                          4 give it to asgard to study so they can make more, or a dumbed down one.
                          5. Safe Keeping.

Regarding the Daedalus. From what I understand it is only an upgrade of Promethus and should use only a little bit more power, The ZPM will give it a powerboost so it can go faster.

Atlantis needs atleast 1 zpm to run primary functions and probably most Secondary Systems, 2 Zpms will have the entire city running. But 3 zpms is recommended, why? idk. 3 is a magic number.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by dude22
                            just the thing about a ZPM for the ships, when you said put it in the ships so u wouldnt waste energy on the gate, im assuming you mean sending people to atlantis by ship , but heres your problem the ancients said(in "Before I Sleep") they sent their best ships to fight the wraith, but still lost (because they were out-numbered 20 to 1) so if ANCIENT ships would be defeated , sending in the x-303 and the dadelus, as soon as the wraith saw them they would be attacked and pobably destroyed, so it might be a suercide ro go by ship.
                            assuming the ZPM allows them to constantly stay in hyperspace, once they leave earth, they could come right out near Atlantis. this would limit any chance of encountering the wraith and with Atlantis' long range sensors, they could easy let any ship know the Wraith are near. fighting the Wraith would be suicide but considering they sent the Daedalus their in the first place knowing what to expect, they are willing to risk travelling by ship.

if they were to even add an Ancient cloaking device to the ships, you are also cutting the down the chance of them being detected. however, this is just based ZPMs needing more power to open a wormhole to earth rather than just fly there. even then, you still have the ZPM to power weapons, shields and engines which would useful in long range travel within our galaxy and against the goa'uld

sigpic

Comment

You are forgetting that they relaly only have four. Rodney said (while looking at the note) 'Hey we've already been to this planet.' Remember way back when, when they went to the planet were the children were killing themselves at the age of 25? Yea, there was a ZPM there, and it couldn't be taken because it was powering a jamming shield. So we only really have four.

1- Being used by other people/
                              3- Power the city to it's maximum capabilities
                              1- save it for a "rainy day"

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X