No announcement yet.

Stargate: Phoenix ~ Tabletop RPG by Wyvern Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the corebook has been finalized. They sent out a PDF download link but it's not currently working and they're trying to resolve it. But should mean it'll be going to print soon.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Latest email from the company :

"We'd like to give you an update on the fulfillment of your order.

At this point, all of the books and add-ons have been printed and manufactured. We currently have the books available in the US fulfillment center, but all of the add-ons and the books for EMEA and APAC are still in China awaiting sea freight. There are significant delays with sea freight out of China right now. We don't have definitive dates for these shipments yet, but just as soon as items arrive in the fulfillment centers we will begin shipping.

If you are in the US, we have decided that instead of waiting for the add-ons to arrive that we will go ahead and ship out the books. This is a cost increase on our end, as we will now have two shipments for many of you, but we feel it is important to get the book into your hands just as soon as possible.

Also note, that due to limitations to the fulfillment system, we don't have the ability to mark orders partially shipped. This means that you will not be receiving a tracking number via email before the book arrives. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We ask for continued patience as we work through the difficult logistics portioin of the project which is completely out of our hands.

If there are any questions, please email us at [email protected]

Thanks,
      Wyvern Gaming Team"

Last edited by Platschu; 12 October 2021, 10:10 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

And here is my reaction :

I am completly disappointed and mega annoyed how this whole project is going. I naivly supported it as a sign of love towards to Stargate as one of the most loyal and active fan. I have never paid 95 dollars for a limited edition book what I can not use basically because there is noone to play with. I believe I was really patient even after 5-6 months delay. But I believe it is not fair how the American fans got the product then the rest of the world must suffer as they chosed to be printed in China to max out their income. Fans have backed up this project almost half a million dollar so I am sorry but they had the extra, unexpected financial background to deliver a service what they promised. And they failed. This was the first and the last time I backed any kickstarter project.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Hey now... don't go blaming the whole of kickstarter projects for one delayed one. There are some really cool things on there.

I saw someone post a photo of the book on twitter (I think) and thought of you and how happy you must be to have received it. It looked really nice.

However since you haven't received it yet, I'm sorry you have to wait a (long) while longer to get it. Maybe when you do we can try to set up an online game here on Gateworld with a bunch of us via Discord or something.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've also ordered the book about a week ago.
            Wasn't aware of this delay and the fact that the books are stuck in China (being from Europe Benelux myself).

But for me, it's the idea to actually play the game too.
            For that, you also get the PDF when you order the book on paper, so that's not a blocker for me currently.

Finding other people to play with around here, that will be a different story.
            For me, it will also be the first time playing a D&D-type game.

Comment

Thanks, gaters. I loved the old AEG also for the little stories in every paragraphs. I have read and feedbacked the beta version. I was not that impressed how to say nicely with the content with the magic using Nox related caster race, but I wanted to believe in this project. Maybe their letter found me in a bad mood as I am under lots of stress recently just I feel like a second rate fan again similarly what happened with the Stargate : Command. American fans get priority again over the rest of the world. Anyway I could have downloaded the pdf, but I didn't bothered yet. And you know why? They sent me an email to use my whatever called backer points to get some extra items (like dice set paravan, maps, 3d printable Jaffa statues), but then I found out they expect me to additional payment as my entitlement tier or level was not enough high to get them for free. So I said no to myself. I pre-booked this posh edition copy of the limited 2500 books for almost 100$ so I am not willing to spend more money on this RPG. Their financial plan sounds really greedy. I will download the pdf only when I get my physical copy as I want to be surprised and impressed by the printed version.
              Last edited by Platschu; 13 October 2021, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                ...being from Europe Benelux myself...
                Belgium, The Netherlands or Luxembourg?

Can I call you a neighbor or fellow country(wo)man?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Belgium, The Netherlands or Luxembourg?

Can I call you a neighbor or fellow country(wo)man?
                  Netherlands, you insult me
                  Belgium, obviously.

So that would be fellow countryman, although I don't exactly identify myself with any country, just some imaginary lines on a map but that's a whole other discussion
                  Last edited by DrMckay; 13 October 2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                    So that would be fellow countryman, although I don't exactly identify myself with any country, just some imaginary lines on a map but that's a whole other discussion
                    Well, they are not restrictive those lines... I've crossed them, repeatedly, on all sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      And here is my reaction :

I am completly disappointed and mega annoyed how this whole project is going. I naivly supported it as a sign of love towards to Stargate as one of the most loyal and active fan. I have never paid 95 dollars for a limited edition book what I can not use basically because there is noone to play with. I believe I was really patient even after 5-6 months delay. But I believe it is not fair how the American fans got the product then the rest of the world must suffer as they chosed to be printed in China to max out their income. Fans have backed up this project almost half a million dollar so I am sorry but they had the extra, unexpected financial background to deliver a service what they promised. And they failed. This was the first and the last time I backed any kickstarter project.
                      I wouldn't make that big of a deal out of it.
                      The fact that they have chosen to have them printed in China for the EU-customers to reduce costs, instead of in the US, is just basic business foundations 101.
                      Lots of companies are following the same reasoning, or why do you think all those products are made in China?

As for the delay, well, again they're not to blame I would say.
                      Everybody is suffering from the Covid-consequences.
                      There is the global chip shortage which has been going on for a few months already, over here we're seeing issues in keeping the racks in shops fully stocked because of a chain effect of issues, including lack of fuel, fuel prices, lack of transport for distribution, spare parts not being delivered in time, delays in container shipping by sea, ...

Basically it's a perfect storm, where the economy is taking off again and those logistic services which are needed for the economy are overloaded at the moment because of demand which is too high and not enough resources available to fullfil that demand.

Can't be helped.

Comment

"Greetings Stargate teams and Happy New Year! We apologize for the long delay between updates, but honestly, we haven't had anything new to share. We realize that this has been very frustrating, as it has been for us as well.

AMR (US, CA, MX, ETC...)

As of Dec 23rd, the US fulfillment center has all of the books and add-on items from the manufacturers and all US orders have been requested to ship. Please allow 7-10 days for shipping of your order. (Holidays and weather conditions may also affect delivery times.)

APAC (AU, CN, NZ, ETC...)

We are waiting for final confirmation that the dice have made it to the fulfillment center. Once confirmed, all APAC orders will be requested to ship. Please allow approximately 14-20 days for shipping of your order.

EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa)

Due to changes in Brexit and import regulations we, like many other companies not located in the UK, have been treading through the registration process. The good news is the product is ready to ship out and we have completed the EU VAT & IOSS. We are just waiting for registration confirmation. We wish we had better news, but at this time we cannot provide an estimate for shipment to EMEA backers.

We are so excited to get everyone their book and add-ons. We have already had great reviews and we just know you will love it.

For all questions, please send to [email protected] "

Comment

Due to changes in Brexit and import regulations we, like many other companies not located in the UK, have been treading through the registration process. The good news is the product is ready to ship out and we have completed the EU VAT & IOSS. We are just waiting for registration confirmation. We wish we had better news, but at this time we cannot provide an estimate for shipment to EMEA backers.
                          Basically, expect taxes to make it twice as expensive as what you originally backed it for. It better be worth it then.

Comment

"Greetings Stargate teams and Happy New Year! We apologize for the long delay between updates, but honestly, we haven't had anything new to share. We realize that this has been very frustrating, as it has been for us as well.

AMR (US, CA, MX, ETC...)

As of Dec 23rd, the US fulfillment center has all of the books and add-on items from the manufacturers and all US orders have been requested to ship. Please allow 7-10 days for shipping of your order. (Holidays and weather conditions may also affect delivery times.)

APAC (AU, CN, NZ, ETC...)

We are waiting for final confirmation that the dice have made it to the fulfillment center. Once confirmed, all APAC orders will be requested to ship. Please allow approximately 14-20 days for shipping of your order.

We are so excited to get everyone their book and add-ons. We have already had great reviews and we just know you will love it.

For all questions, please send to [email protected] "
                            I have to say, the customer experience with this RPG is absolutely horrendous.

As a EU-citizen ordered the physical and digital book last year in October already.
                            At the time of ordering, no feedback at all was provided regarding the delay for EU customers, shipping from China. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have known.

Then I see this update being posted here by Platschu , but when looking at the official website, https://stargatetherpg.com/, I don't see this update there.

After googling, I find that this update is published on the kickstarter page, but not on the website itself: what the hell?

Then I also send an e-mail to that e-mail address, [email protected], asking for more information.

That was 3 weeks ago: zero answer.

I'm seriously considering going for a refund, because this to me looks like a complete disaster.

There is zero customer communication, and what communication there is, is as fragmented as it comes.

Very, VERY disappointing.
                            Would definitely not recommend supporting this, am already regretting I did.

Just to clarify: I can live with the delays due to Covid etc., that I can perfectly understand.
                            But the way this whole thing is managed, how communication is done to paying customers (or more specifically how it is not done), how customer questions are ignored, ...
                            Last edited by DrMckay; 18 January 2022, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I guess the great reviews are from US backers, I guess.

Comment

Theoratically you can have the pdf version of the book if you were a backer. I have never ever spent so much money just on one special edition book in my life, but I felt important to support this project even if I can't play it with anyone. This thread is also a memento for this enthusiasm. All the fans collected 450k $ in 2-3 weeks time. They promised this book for last May, but MGM had to review then it was revealed to be printed in China, but some copies were done in the USA. So far they provided excuse after excuse if you read back. I absolutely understand the frustration of DrMckay. I was also very patient, but it is getting to be a bad joke. I wanted to experience the book when I open it after the beta version.

Comment

Working...
                                X