Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General stargate quiz and challenges (spoilers for all SG shows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    1. food
    2. ??
    3. fear

I'm guessing here...
    Not bad for someone of the SECOND race.

Answers
    Spoiler:
    1- Correct
    2- ZO means leader (Chaka-Z) Chaka a leader of the Unas. When SG1 is trapped in a cell Chaka is recognized as the ZO, the Chaka-Z0.
    3- Close, fear or danger is ''kek'' or ''keka''
    KaNay means Tribe or friends

My quizzes suck though, we want the Platypus quizzies back!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

My quizes have ascended thanks to the shol'vas... But it feels good that you appreciated them.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        My quizes have ascended thanks to the shol'vas... But it feels good that you appreciated them.
        I think Landry would define it better...

Your quizzes descended in a cold and dark cell
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They have deleted them... So I would like to think that it will stay in the collective nice memory of the tiny active fandom.

Thanks for the Unas mini-quiz.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I happened to come across this in a google a search:
            Create a Trivia Action using templates

Hopefully it will be of some use to those creating quizzes.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Not bad for someone of the SECOND race.
              1 out of 3 -- I could do worse.

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
              I happened to come across this in a google a search:
              Create a Trivia Action using templates

Hopefully it will be of some use to those creating quizzes.
              Well damn... that's nifty. Thanks for the link.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Well damn... that's nifty. Thanks for the link.
                You're welcome.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I have even made these "story board" games about some fan favorite episodes where the player had to organise the pictures in the right order:

The Nox
                  Storyboardgame1-TheNox.jpg

Fifth Race
                  Storyboardgame2-Fifth Race.jpg

Fair Game
                  Storyboardgame3-FairGame.jpg

Nemesis
                  Storyboardgame4-Nemesis.jpg

Windows Of Opportunity
                  Storyboardgame5-WindowofOpportunity.jpg

Exodus
                  Storyboardgame7-Exodus.jpg

Enemies
                  Storyboardgame8-Enemies.jpg

I had the patience to make only a few ones as my desktop PC was slowly dieing... Something similar still could be done with a new game motor if we could use the same picture database for the travel quiz as well. so it could have a better "replayable" value for other players too.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 08 June 2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Like a slide-game or something... I think that could be something that we could build... I don't know how yet, but it should be doable. Like a jigsaw puzzle engine or something.

Comment

It could work if the uploaded pictures could have an own number like (0101001, 0101002), so the first 4 numbers would be the episode 01x01, then the last three would be right number how they follow each other. Or it could be the exact minute and sec where it was in the episode. So if every episode could have 10-15 "quizes", then it could be used for different games. Even the player could setup how many pictures they would like organize in the "story board" game mode (like 4, 6, 8 or 10). The problem would be that if we would let user to upload photos, then nobody would add the right numeration, so maybe the uploads should be done by selected fans.

The Hangman game could work with different word cathegories:
                      - planets
                      - Jaffas
                      - main characters
                      - Goa'uld characters
                      - Tok'ra characters
                      - Asgards
                      - races
                      - ships
                      - all
                      So the player could choose cathegory (and it means the difficulty level as well). If the program is ready, I am happy to fill up the database.

I am a pharmacist anyway, not a programer....
                      Last edited by Platschu; 08 June 2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I am a pharmacist anyway, not a programer....
                        And I'm a graphic designer, and programmer on the side.
                        But I'm definitely looking into this. After all, practice makes perfect.

Comment

I was thinking on how to create our own SG board game. It should be something simple, but something elegant and not too boring, which could played by 1-2-3-4 people and what could be made even at home. I am still thinking on the rules how it could work or we could make different game modes.

So my idea is that there would be a printed a stargate, which has 39 symbols. We also need a deck of stargate symbols. Each player would draw 6 symbol cards from the deck and that is the planet. They have to "lock" while they are moving 7 pawns on the printed stargate and that would be the goal to win the game. The cards must be faced in front of the players by the pulling order, so it can not be varied (it would be too easy to arrange them by numbers). The 7th symbol is the same for everyone (also optional rule).

The players would pull one card from the remaining symbol deck and who has got a bigger value that will start the "dialing", but then they can put those ones back to the pack.

Game mode 1.) The moved pawns could enter at the 7th symbol position (at 12 o' clock), then they should simple walk around. The players could use one dice to establish the steps. Pawn can not stand on the same glyph, but they can jump each other (even the opponent pawns too). They could leave the circle (the stargate) when they stand on such symbol what the player has drawned. Once a pawn has stood on such symbol, it can not be moved as the chevron is "coded". To make the game quicker the order of the symbol wouldn't matter in this version. The players should really focus on strategy which pawns should or shouldn't be moved first as the speed of dialing could be essential to win against the opponents.

Game mode 2.) This version is the same like game mode 1, but the order of the dialing must be kept how the symbols are placed in front of the player.

Game mode 3.) In this version the opponent could make us ruin the dialing. So if he stands on such symbol which belongs to an other player, then he can activate it which means he can send back the closest (still moveable) opponent pawn to the 7th symbol position (starting place).

Game mode 4.) When a symbol is " locked" then the pawn is moved from the board and placed on the chevron which symbolizes that it was lit. If two symbols are locked (like chevron 1 and 2 at 2 o' clock and 3 o'clock) then the remaining pawns can skip those glyphs on the board which can greatly speed up the game. This step could be interesting if chevron 3 and 4 are locked as it could cover a big amount of the circle (chevron 8 and 9 are not playeable). This tactic could also work if you play without order as it means somebody can lock easily the chevron 4-5 track, so it could mean a significant strategy boost. Opponent pawns are not affected. The main disadvantage could be that in the beginning it would be worth of moving all the pawns with each other as they jump each other, while if you decide to lock a section of the gate then they can't be jumped directly, but they can cover a bigger area.

Game mode 5.) I was thinking on such a version, where the inner ring (the whole stargate) could be spinned around. When a pawn has riched that glyph which can be locked by a player, then whole stargate would spin around, so that particular glyph will move around to the 7th chevron position, but then it can be placed on the chevron outside of the ring, then the player can even roll the dice again. It also means that every pawns will move around with the stargate the new anti-clockwise rotation. This can be a nice combination if somebody wants to play game mode 4 and 5 together as the pawns maybw will be moved back so they unlocked segments can affect the remaining one differently.

Game mode 6.) The dialing sequence could be chosen by the player, so he/she can decide which way she would like to move the pawns (clockwise or anticlockwise), but it can not be changed until they haven't locked a symbol. So it can happen that player 1 goes to the left while the player 2 to the right to reach their own 1st symbol on the board (and jump theirs own pawns), but then if they also play game mode 5 then the inner ring must be moved to that direction which is closest to the the 7th symbol. That could greatly influence the opponent pawns as they all stand on the same ring etc.

If they don't use game mode 6 then at least one of the glyph must be over 30+ when they pull out the cards from the glyph deck to establish the coordinates of planet. Imagine if somebody would be so lucky that all 7 symbols are under 10 then the game would end really quicly. But if they would use the Game mode 6 (the two way dialing) then this rule must be suspended as if you pull glyph 30-39 then it could be easily reached from anti-clockwise steps from the 7th chevron.

The end of the game would be the 7th symbol. The players could have the same symbol, so really only one of them could win. Or they could have an individual 7th symbol from the deck as they agree.

Maybe the steps could be decided by the glyph cards as well instead of using a dice. The player could pull two glyph cards then the difference (smaller deducted from the bigger) could tell how many steps they have got. Just it means some lucky players could pull out glyph 1 and 39, then it would be 38 steps! So maybe it shouldbe divided by the number of players. But the steps could not be shared between pawns as everyone would choose that number of steps what they need to lock chevron(s).

Some additional cards could be added in the glyph desk (like a naquadah reactor, Iris) which could give some boost to the gameplay etc. Naquadah reactor(s) could be like a joker which can be placed on any symbol in front of the player, so that one can be already "dialed", so a pawn can be placed on that chevron / symbol it depends which game mode they play. The number of naquadah reactor cards must be the same as the number of players as part of the fair play, but it is their decision if one player can use more than one or not if they are lucky enough to pull them out of the desk. Nobody can have a naquadah reactor in the starting 7 symbol, so that must be put back into the pack. And if they estabish the steps by dice anyway, then no cards will be pulled anyway after the planets' symbols are pulled out at the start.

The game could be still interesting with 3-4 people as we have got only 39 symbols, so if everyone needs 7 then the game could be much quicker. The fun could be how to ruin the other players' final steps with the inner ring's clockwise or anti-clockwise rotation as it could influence the strategy. As I have said since the symbols are fix on the ring and pawns also don't move with the rotation, this whole idea is all about game mode 4 when they started to lock some sections of the gate for themselves.

Anyway this is my board game idea. I am guessing I won't be hired by Hasbro to develop games, but maybe it could be still used. I believe it could be fun and the different game modes could create so many combinations so maybe the replayable value would be higher.

^^^^ All these ideas were a quick improvisation from the last 2 hours. I am sure plumber+ would be proud of me as the my Muse must have kissed me again.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 01 July 2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Dude...

I volunteer my graphic design self to build the board.

Comment

What? Is it that bad? It just sounds complicated, but it isn't. Obvioulsy it needs some gameplay testing, so feel free to share your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X