Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General stargate quiz and challenges (spoilers for all SG shows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye-bye old SG:C app....
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Bye-bye old SG:C app....
      Every answer to every question is now 404 -- Doppelganger.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

AKA FH's most hated epy
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          AKA FH's most hated epy
          It never happened... I'll keep denying its existence...

Comment

I would love to have those quizzes here on GW, but ... I guess that's easier said than done.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I have got some PC issues currently, but I will try to upload some of my "heritage" on GW. But don't worry, I am not planning to make a picture related quiz here as I doubt the forum motor would be happy about so many attachements.

It would be much easier if somebody could write a program or extra feature, which could have an user interface where anyone could upload screenshots, then the "system" would randomly offer quiz questions. That would be awesome. That is what I have expected from SG:C, but maybe I should skip to mention them anymore. Shol'va.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the quiz section.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It would be much easier if somebody could write a program or extra feature, which could have an user interface where anyone could upload screenshots, then the "system" would randomly offer quiz questions. That would be awesome. That is what I have expected from SG:C, but maybe I should skip to mention them anymore. Shol'va.
                You know... I will be starting a Python course in September. Maybe this could be my project or something.

Comment

We even had a "quote recognizing game" on Abydos Gate:
                  http://www.csillagkapu.hu/idezetek.php
                  Actually it still works, just it is in Hungarian. My job was to make an Excel sheet with episode codes and little dialogues from subtitles / transcripts. Then the player could set up the functions: how many questions (kérdések száma), which season (évad), the right answers are visible or not (helyes válaszok megjelenítése) and even mixing of seasons (évadok keverése). So I was the creative mind, while the programmer was the owner of the Abydos Gate. And our little two men team have done this game approximately in 2004-2005. I am sure an English version could have been a great success. It is still a memento of my SG fanatism.

So something similar could be written easily for GateWorld or for the shol'va app...

Comment

I'm going to come back to you when I'm starting this course... I thik we should try something.

Comment

Even the uploader could setup a difficulty level (easy, normal, hard), so the players could decide about how hard the game should be as well. Moderator could delete inappropriate ones etc. Such little activity games what I would expect. And if it could work it could be "sold" to any tv show fandom.

Or if we could make a Stargate hangman, where the figure would stand in front of a Stargate, then every wrong character would lock one chevron. Then users could upload words in different cathegories etc.

Comment

Or if we could make a Stargate hangman, where the figure would stand in front of a Stargate, then every wrong character would lock one chevron. Then users could upload words in different cathegories etc.
                        THIS!!!

I want this...

Comment

Okay, it was just a quick improvisation how to turn the traditional hangman into an Stargate related hangman. The original game is to avoid execution, while dialing a gate would sounds rather a gift. The original game had approximately 7-10 mistakes, so 7 maybe wouldn't be enough. But anyway the backstory could be rethought. Players could chose the characters maybe on the DHD. Some talented fans could make some drawings etc.

I used to have a Mahjong game under my Windows2000. I have modified the bmp file which was cut up for the pairs, so I had a little Stargatezied Mahjong. I was so proud of myself.

Comment

Okay, it was just a quick improvisation how to turn the traditional hangman into an Stargate related hangman. The original game is to avoid execution, while dialing a gate would sounds rather a gift. The original game had approximately 7-10 mistakes, so 7 maybe wouldn't be enough. But anyway the backstory could be rethought. Players could chose the characters maybe on the DHD. Some talented fans could make some drawings etc.
                            Use 9-chevron addresses.

It's a game of not getting obliterated by the establishing wormhole.

Comment

Unas quizz

Let's see if you know your Unas. Wiki is forbidden.

What does the following mean in Unas language?

1- (difficulty: easy) Nan : ??
                              2- (difficulty: medium) Zo : ?? (like my nickname, Chaka-ZO)
                              3- (difficulty: Hard): Ka Nay: ??

Hints

Spoiler:
                              1: Delicious
                              2: This can be heard in the scene when the other Unas and Chaka are in jail
                              3: Daniel is part of it
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

1. food
                                2. ??
                                3. fear

I'm guessing here...

Comment

Working...
                                X