Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Don't mistake an inability to answer with being ignored.
    One is your failure, one is theirs.
    That is a fair point.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I think everything we didn't want, they put into the new lay-out.

* locked quizzes and polls
      * locked discussions
      * extra swag for all-access which most of us can't have due to being in the wrong region so we're all punished for that (seriously, that's how it feels)
      * factions dividing the place up
      * restricted topics of discussions in a franchise that's not even on TV will inevitably lead to a slow and painful death of the place
      * Superfans are still missing in action and come on... this can't be what they would have suggested, right? How selfish are you?
      * no notifications
      * no friends -- unless that's what factions are supposed to be
      * no ignore-feature

I have 2 positive things to say:

* I like the lay-out -- it loads slow on computer but it's actually a lot better than the old TopFan webpage.

I forgot my second point...

...oh, I remember...

* no down... wait... no nevermind... I accidently took an upvote off yesterday... nevermind.
      Has anyone else found that they don't have access to their All Access Pass after the new UX/UI update? I can't find an option to reactivate my All Access Pass and the site wants me to pay for a new All Access Pass subscription. I've emailed them so it'll be interesting what gets sent back to me.

Also, has anyone got their Founder's Patch yet? Half a year later and I still haven't got mine haha

Comment

Broadie : You have to write them an email, so they can reactivate your All Access. Since I became so disappointed and upset about the erasing of our SG social life that I didn't bother to do it and I have abadonned the app. I have got the official DVDs and a few other versions as well...

Patch. Technically the update was a patch, so we should not moan. LOL.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Broadie View Post
          Has anyone else found that they don't have access to their All Access Pass after the new UX/UI update? I can't find an option to reactivate my All Access Pass and the site wants me to pay for a new All Access Pass subscription. I've emailed them so it'll be interesting what gets sent back to me.
          I think everyone with all-access lost their pass. Guess they couldn't bring that information over from the old database. An oversight, they should have communicated to the passholders, which they didn't do.

Then again, communication isn't their strong suit, nor is maintaining a community.

If you mailed them already, I would suggest a reminder because I think as far as that goes, they are literally swamped with request to get AAP's back in order.

You may have to be patient.

Also, has anyone got their Founder's Patch yet? Half a year later and I still haven't got mine haha
          According to a post I saw on twitter a week or 2 ago (I blocked stargatecommand again last week so definitely before that happened), they replied to a tweet that the patches had been sent out or would be sent out in the coming days and if you hadn't received it by June 30th, you should sent them an email about it.

So, it really is anyone's guess whether they are actually going to arrive. But do keep an eye on your mailbox for them.

I had a rage quit moment yesterday, at command.
          The badges you "earn" to do ****, they tell you how many more things you have to do in order to earn them, but everything passed bronze is subscription only and lo and behold it will stick as a reminder that you have to subscribe to earn it.

So, they double stick it to anyone who is still blocked from all-access that you're never going to be an equal to the AAP's who have elite status. I literally told them I hated them.
          Have a feeling, the post will probably have been deleted by now.

Comment

Sent Command an email with some questions (burning and otherwise)... I half expect they're not going to reply...

since there's no answer anywhere on the new website, I'll ask through mail instead, hoping to make it passed "we're working on it":

1) is it still not possible to delete one's own account without having to go through support?

2) can we change factions?
            Seriously, the Tau'ri faction is so big, the rest doesn't even compare.

3) why don't we have a general discussion board where faction members can intermingle? Yes, you want to control what's discussed but without any new "discussions", there's little left to say after a few days.

4) were notifications not included in the template?
            Generally people are simply too lazy to click open every thread -- we're not build that way, or at least our patience isn't build that way. Load too slow and your audience has left for faster loading pages.

5) does "Jenny" live in a country where weekends don't exist cause we're still waiting for an actual "suggestion thread"?

6) can AAP-badges please be hidden from no-access acounts? You are literally making fans feel very unwelcome or at the very least less than. You are the reason we have no access, not our choice. It's super annoying to see a "silver badge" waiting to be earned but unable to meet the "subscription" required to do so. That's simply rubbing it in that we're not your target fans.
            I don't know about others but I feel very unwelcome in what is supposed to be a "fan community".

7) can you please, for the love of Ra, make a post about the changes made?
            No need to tell everyone why you switched from TopFan to EPAM (the first not even in the same league as the latter) but a little communication about what has changed wouldn't go amiss.

8) Expansion.... no sorry, I'm kidding... you're working on it, I know... *snort*

Anywho... hope to hear from you, or not...

Comment

I don't know what you are expecting. They won't respond, especially not to you since you are on the naughty list. My "constructive criticism" was tolerated since I have given them back a few things. Even GW is dead quiet nowadays if you look at the SG threads.
              Last edited by Platschu; 10 June 2019, 11:35 AM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                I don'g know what you are expecting. They won't respond, especially not to you since you are on the naughty list. My "constructive criticism" was tolerated since I have given them back a few things. Even GW is dead quiet nowadays if you look at the SG threads.
                There's one answer I need -- number 1 question needs an answer.
                Before there were all the command coins stopping me from going through with it, but now, having to start over and with little to gain, I don't feel as bad to have my account deleted. I just want to know why it cannot be done by the person holding the account.

You know, if they don't write a response, that's literally their loss. I don't expect to get one and I think that, in on itself, is pretty telling about how I regard them all -- entirely not fit to run a community and lacking the communication skills to be in control of it.

Comment

I lost mine but dropped them an email and eventually they sorted it. I imagine they're pretty slammed with issues like this at the minute. It'll make it go quicker if you send them a screen cap of your payment for All Access and tell them your country too.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Cheers for the response Platschu, I'll wait on the response and I don't blame you for giving up on Stargate Command after what's happened, especially considering you have the series already. Since I don't have SG1 or Universe, I've gotta do it the hard way unfortunately

Comment

Since I don't have SG1 or Universe, I've gotta do it the hard way unfortunately
                      I got Universe on DVD half a year ago (along with season 4/5 of SGA, and SG-1 straight-to-dvd films).
                      Only thing missing is Stargate Infinity, and Origins. Would really like a DVD for Origins.

Haven't seen SGU yet.

Comment

Would really like a DVD for Origins.
                        Idk, the container would be worth more than the content.

Haven't seen SGU yet.
                        Impudence.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          Idk, the container would be worth more than the content.
                          It's the only way I'd be willing to actually pay for it.

Comment

It's the only way I'd be willing to actually pay for it.
                            Because there is no other way anyway by the way in the Milky Way. (I know this sentence doesn't make any sence, but don't expect better from a Platypus God.)

You know it would be ironical that they would extend the service then now they have got restrictions on subjects. Imagine this scenario... Finally you could go into the garden, but you can't taste the apple. I am sure you would be more upset.

And since Jenny hasn't done her job properly, maybe one of you should link this thread as a suggestion box... "Revenge is best served cold."
                            Last edited by Platschu; 10 June 2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              And since Jenny hasn't done her job properly, maybe one of you should link this thread as a suggestion box... "Revenge is best served cold."

That would definitely work.

I'd say leave odd links in every thread to Gateworld's forum.

Comment

It is funny enough that I have opened this thread 24/2/2018, so they could have read our suggestions and opinions here. They will delete your "spamming" I believe.

I had a brief look on the main page. There hasn't been a new "selected discussion" for 4 days. It is a joke.
                                Last edited by Platschu; 10 June 2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X