• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Portal: The candle is a lie.

Babylon 5 Candle Corps: The candle is your friend. Trust the candle.

Andromeda: "When events test men, candles then appear." Wayist Verse CY 1015

X Files: The candle is out there.

Zombieland: Survival rule #1: Candles

Stargate Infinity: The next candle is the best candle.

Firefly: Burn the land and boil the sea

Space: Above and Beyond: We thought we were alone. We believed the candles were ours.

Lexx: I worship His Divine Shadow.

Sliders: The same year, the same candle, only different dimensions

Cleopatra2525: The candle is a thaw.

Harry Potter: Accio candle!

Monty Python’s Holy Grail: ARTHUR: Candlelot! SIR GALAHAD: Candlelot! LANCELOT: Candlelot! PATSY: It's only a model.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
        X Files: The candle is out there.
        This candelism is spreading! Well done!

Here are just a few more:

How to train your dragon : Wickless
        Titanic : My candle will go on
        Toy Story : To stargate infinity and beyond!
        Star Wars : Only a candle deals in absolute.
        Avengers : You have an army, but we have a candle!
        LOST : Live together, ascend alone.

Now as we successfully half-offed this thread, maybe we should return to the SG world. At least you know what tv shows I followed in the last few years.
        Last edited by Platschu; 07 May 2018, 11:14 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The Zombieland candle actually makes sense... I think.

Anyhoodle, for anyone interested the Doctors of Stargate Dial Home interview is free for all, and up on youtube. That is, the first part of it is free for all, cause you know there's always a catch with Stargate Command.

And since May 15 marks the end of the premium content of the all-access pass, but they still have Dial Home interviews coming that are clearly locked for every non-paying/undesired (international) fans, I reckon that they will continue with the great stargate fan divide, pretending to be the hub of all things stargate. At least, I know what I'll be doing in that case on May 16 -- send an email to permanently remove my account (or change my info to Proper Stargate Rewatch and only post that stuff and ignore the rest).

Edit: But I'll think I'll remove every bit of my presence from that pile of stargate lie.

Comment

10 more days to go until the announcement of the new SG spinoff and the extension of Stargate : Command.

:hopelessly naive:
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Turns out the 2nd part will also be free.

There will not be an announcement of a new spinoff serie. Command will probably continue but in what form, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                How to train your dragon : Wickless
                LOL!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Turns out the 2nd part will also be free.
                If they don't make the whole site accessible to all after May 15th, cue the upset customer posts from subscribers who missed last minute paid content while busy with vacations, operations, overtime, etc.

Comment

If they don't make the whole site accessible to all after May 15th, cue the upset customer posts from subscribers who missed last minute paid content while busy with vacations, operations, overtime, etc.
                  The series are going away anyway, so if any missed that, they'll just have to go back to Hulu, or TV or DVD/BluRay.
                  There's already someone who forgot to read the FAQ and paid 20 dollar for the next 10 days. He certainly didn't seem too happy about that.

I saw a while back that Origins will still be available on Command so I have a feeling the all-access shenanigans are going to stay around. How they are going to be implemented, I don't know, but what I do know is that on May 25th the European Data Protection rules go into effect and I have yet to receive a "we changed our privacy settings"-rule mail from Command. TopFan too is bound to those rules because they offer services and goods to European citizens (i.e. Germans and Brits paying, the rest as freebies).

And with the GDPR in place, I think it's far more likely that every European is going to be cut off from further all-access stuff than that we will get access eventionally (which I think will not happen anyway).

Comment

Although there shouldn't be a need for it...

Just dropping this for all non-eligible residents viewers... Do you even VPN?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      Although there shouldn't be a need for it...

Just dropping this for all non-eligible residents viewers... Do you even VPN?
                      I do occasionally slip in a VPN, but I refuse to do so with Stargate Command. If MGM doesn't think I'm good enough a fan, who has been "loyal" to the franchise all these years, than I am not going to even bother pretending (I download quite a bit, but this time I'm not interested in venturing onto that road).

Also, for the record, they closed the loophole with one of the 2nd to last updates to the app which allowed certain non-elligible people to buy all-access anyway (which was only possibly if you were able to disable the GPS on your cellphone).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I do occasionally slip in a VPN, but I refuse to do so with Stargate Command.
                        I agree 100% with that. I'll be honest though, I do not think you folks are missing on much. To me SGO was more of a tease than anything else.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          I agree 100% with that. I'll be honest though, I do not think you folks are missing on much. To me SGO was more of a tease than anything else.
                          You're not the first to say that.

I guess, as far as guinneapigs go, perhaps we're lucky.

Comment

All Access was extended through Sept 19th. Pilot script available beginning May 11th. Feature cut release date "coming soon."

So, for the rest of the world, everything Origins is looks to be still under lock and key for another 4 months.

Comment

All Access was extended through Sept 19th. Pilot script available beginning May 11th. Feature cut release date "coming soon."

So, for the rest of the world, everything Origins is looks to be still under lock and key for another 4 months.
                              Yay. I have to tell you it is a very positive decision from MGM. Hopefully some other news will follow it now. At least a tiny little Origins type SG webseries / tv movie / mini series should be announced for a 2019 January premiere then maybe we could get a proper SG spinoff in the second half of 2019 or 2020.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              10 more days to go until the announcement of the new SG spinoff and the extension of Stargate : Command.

:hopelessly naive:
                              Well. I like when I am right. :fingers crossed for other announcements:

Comment

Glad to hear it's been extended. I've been enjoying rewatching the SG1 through it. Be nice to hear something more definitive though.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X