Clear All

Logged in
    Joined the Snakes faction
    There's only 26 of us
    Hi Platschu
    Wtf is this place?

Bye!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Logged in
      Joined the Snakes faction
      There's only 26 of us
      Hi Platschu
      Wtf is this place?

Bye!
      The faction division is ridiculous... There are nearly 500 Tau'ri by now.

I want to switch faction. I want to be a Goa'uld.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You're not evil enough

(can you actually switch faction? And does that mean I'm locked in a group with a bunch of evil blokes? help!)
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You're not evil enough
          It doesn't help that I'm a fluffy lemming, I guess.

(can you actually switch faction? And does that mean I'm locked in a group with a bunch of evil blokes? help!)
          Don't think you can, or at least, haven't found a button for it (yet).

Maybe I should hijack one of the discussions and ask... since we still don't have a general discussion-thread for all things not related to the other 8 discussions. Though the only one attracting lots of posts is the "SGC revealed the public" one cause everyone keeps hijacking it with questions about the site.

The other threads are already dead, I think.

Comment

I can answer it here. Or if you have read the last 2 pages then you could see I have deleted the SGC app and I don't want to be part of it. They have easily deleted our last 18-20 months of SG social life without any warning, question, asking any opinion. I tried to play an useful, supportive role after 2018 February-March when the Origin buzz has started to fade away on the old app. Now we could talk only in the "pre-made" or "tailored" discussions. Nobody can open new threads and this is censorships. The factions are like groups, clans or houses where we could have private talk. At least we can see how many members they have got. I wanted to be a Goa'uld, so I have answered with the right tone to reach this goal after 2-3-4 attempt of sorting. But anyway... Friend lists, private messages, notifications have all gone. No news about extension. Mosts of the polls are AAP only which is a joke. This is unacceptable, so no thanks, I am not coming back after this scandal. I am still angry and greatly disappointed. I have expressed my concerns on the "stargate should be public" where are 80+ comments as a feedback from the new app. So that is what happened. They have got ridden of everything to be replaced with this rubbish. I really don't want to be there anymore even if I have started to miss the people who were part of my little SG life. We deserve better than this even if I can see some positive efforts (the articles, the ebooks, the gallery, the edit button), but they have made such serious stepbacks at the same time where I can't follow them. I was patient, I had hope of change, I really wanted to make a difference for the online community. They didn't want me as a Superfan, but I am glad now as independence and creative freedom of opinion and talk will always be my priority. But they have pulled the plug without guilt. Why do you think they won't do it again in 2020 or 2021? So no thanks, I won't support this unfair leadership who clearly doesn't understand this community and what we really wanted.
            Last edited by Platschu; 03 June 2019, 08:17 AM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

What's Sommer's view?

Is she still telling you there are great things coming? Or has she fallen off the grid.

Our faction forum is even dead...

AAP quizzes and polls which used to be free for all and are now locked and triple scoring. There are simply not enough other quizzes and polls to even compete with all-access. Ugh... time for them to shut down and feel the sting of failure.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 June 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

She must have sold her soul for the title, so I am guessing she can't have an official opinion. She is on holiday according to her FB profile, while she will attend (probably as a required Superfan host) in Chicago. So she can find me on FB if she wants to hear my opinion.

By the way... They have included this psychological test in the sorting process, but why? How does this belong to the SG?
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

There was an error as well.. What is your favorite weapon then one of the answer was "Goa'uld staff weapon"... No. It is used by the Jaffas. The Goa'uld have ribbon devices. Amateurs.
                Last edited by Platschu; 03 June 2019, 09:30 AM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  By the way... They have included this psychological test in the sorting process, but why? How does this belong to the SG?

I kind of went ''what the f?'' at the train question. Obviously this is like so much of a cliché psychological question it made me smirk a bit, I bet all 26 Goa'ulds members have been listed on a no-fly list somewhere.

There was an error as well.. What is your favorite weapon then one of the answer was "Goa'uld staff weapon"... No. It is used by the Jaffas. The Goa'uld hav ribbon revices. Amateurs.
                  Yep saw that too. Fools.

I just had to log in and see for myself what you guys were talking about. The new design is aesthetically appealing but that's all there is to it. Maybe browsed for 2-3 minutes, saw a couple threads praising Baal, realized there wasn't anything new (and actually there's LESS things than before). I originally intended to keep my account active just for the sake of watching SG anywhere, and for new stuff obv, but haven't really used it much. Since the new stuff isn't happening, well...

Safe to say I logged in and out once and won't ever renew my subscription nor participate in any further activities from SG:C.

Buh-bye!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

There are no further activities... Options are really limited or restricted. So anyway... SGC 2017-2019. RIP. (= Replicators indigesting particules)

Comment

I killed the baby, and thought that was literally my one-way ticket into the Goa'uld faction... nope ... still too much of a goody-two-shoes apparently and got flung into the homo erectus heap.

RIP. (= Replicators indigesting particules)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I killed the baby, and thought that was literally my one-way ticket into the Goa'uld faction... nope ... still too much of a goody-two-shoes apparently and got flung into the homo erectus heap.

Ha you had to take the "I don't care" option, a System Lord cannot be held accountable!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Ha you had to take the "I don't care" option, a System Lord cannot be held accountable!
                          I'm not System Lord material...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I'm not System Lord material...
                            That's alright. You're a lemming after all.

Btw a while back I had replied to your comment on some GW's news and my alias was Zelinka's Pigeon and I thought it was hilarious.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Btw a while back I had replied to your comment on some GW's news and my alias was Zelinka's Pigeon and I thought it was hilarious.
                              Oh missed that... must go find it...

Comment

This has been pretty bad timing for me, since the day after they changed the SGC app I finished my current re-watch, and was feeling kinda bummed as the Destiny flew off.
                                I had to scramble pretty fast to find another sci-fi show that I could jump into to take my mind off things. (Ended up borrowing a friend's Amazon account to finally watch Earth:Final Conflict)

While we're venting, I'm still ticked off that the massive Stargate online video game was cancelled. Every time I open my DVD box sets, an advertisement for the game falls out, and I think, "Cool! I gotta hop online and create an account!.... oh... wait.... nevermind... grumble, grumble... Hey, Walter! Dial up the gate, this timeline sucks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X