MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I definitely won't. I never actually used the streaming services to the exception of when Origins came out, don't even know why I renewed in the first place. Why would I? There's nothing new.

I waited many months before arriving at this conclusion, if nothing happened in a year I don't see anything happening anytime soon. I'm also quite fed up with all those tease (big news coming at X conference! Brad Wright has something coming up! JM talking about future of SG! Judge doing all these super nice pointless interviews!). Superfans are doing what right now? This contest was a marketing stunt, nothing more.

Considering the last twitter buzz campaign didn't produce anything even though the participation was considerable from the fans, that tells me there will be no more SG, period. We won't see a momentum like that ever again.
    Nope... of that I am very sure.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Nope... of that I am very sure.
      Have you see GW's tweet lately? I have a feeling they know something we don't.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That's usually the case. Darren has connections with MGM and the former TPTB. Its more than likely he knows something but can't say something until something offical.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Even I know something is happening...

I just hope it won't take too long (and not for the reasons you might expect)

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            Even I know something is happening...

I just hope it won't take too long (and not for the reasons you might expect)
            Well well! Look what we've got here *wipes tear* you've grown so much NickEast, fly, you fool.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Have you see GW's tweet lately? I have a feeling they know something we don't.
              Do you mean the ones about Wales Comic Con?

Because Gateworld's tweet is pure clickbait in that regard.

Rich and Amanda were asked if they would want to get the band back together for a reunion, and they were enthusiastic about it. It's not an official admission that "something is happening".

Comment

Do you mean the ones about Wales Comic Con?

Because Gateworld's tweet is pure clickbait in that regard.

Rich and Amanda were asked if they would want to get the band back together for a reunion, and they were enthusiastic about it. It's not an official admission that "something is happening".
                https://twitter.com/GateWorld/status...92758933561344

This. I'm also inclined to believe our own men that's on the inside (NE). Perhaps I was wrong to despair?
                Spoiler:

Comment

https://twitter.com/GateWorld/status...92758933561344

This. I'm also inclined to believe our own men that's on the inside (NE). Perhaps I was wrong to despair?
                  That tweet doesn't really contain any subtext about a possible announcement. All it says is that GW is also getting frustrated that MGM isn't making any progress.

That, and GW's replies further down the thread.

Comment

That one I saw too, and replied to it.

The frustration is not only with Gateworld, and they're not the first to comment about it either. Frustration has been brewing for a while. MGM is seriously failing its franchise and there's no telling whether they actually care or they are just waiting for it to fall apart and then blame everyone else but themselves for the loss.

Comment

That one I saw too, and replied to it.

The frustration is not only with Gateworld, and they're not the first to comment about it either. Frustration has been brewing for a while. MGM is seriously failing its franchise and there's no telling whether they actually care or they are just waiting for it to fall apart and then blame everyone else but themselves for the loss.
                      I fear the latter. It wouldn't be the first time a company did that with a popular franchise. And then somewhere down the line do a reboot that gets picked up...

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                        I fear the latter. It wouldn't be the first time a company did that with a popular franchise. And then somewhere down the line do a reboot that gets picked up...
                        Yeah... I fear it too...

Comment

I am not on Twitter, so I have checked the link. I believe it is the same old "we are well informed" actin from GW. Again. They don't know any exact details. Again. They pretend to write articles about the nothing. Again. Your move. MGM. Again.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I am not on Twitter, so I have checked the link. I believe it is the same old "we are well informed" actin from GW. Again. They don't know any exact details. Again. They pretend to write articles about the nothing. Again. Your move. MGM. Again.
                            In this case, I say they are genuinely frustrated because you can't keep on writing about "nothing". We're all frustrated -- well, most of us are for different reasons.

And there's gonna come a breaking point -- some have already reached that and flipped MGM/Command the finger, others need a few more reminders of 'patches not arriving' and 'updates messing the app up even worse than before' to see what this is all about, and it ain't about bringing the franchise back.

I think with this attitude, I'd say MGM is about ready to cut their losses and there will not be a third year to complain about hats not coming in that say "Make Stargate Great Again".

Comment

Or it's just another lame marketing move to build up unbearable hype prior to announcement. That's the world we live in now, half seasons, quarter seasons, pre-pre-pre orders, etc.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Or it's just another lame marketing move to build up unbearable hype prior to announcement. That's the world we live in now, half seasons, quarter seasons, pre-pre-pre orders, etc.
                                You build up to something by creating a buzz, but there's not even a cricket chirping in the franchise.
                                They don't even try to create a buzz, or get life into the community -- they're not even capable of that.

They're just really good at pretending it doesn't exist.

People are literally saying to Command and MGM, we're done with your BS. When you even have Command-people not even responding to the gatefatigue comments, you know it's pointless. You have the boot-licking superfans talking all shop and walking in line with the masters... "Just wait till you see what's coming to Command! Just wait and see..."

Traitors, the lot of them!

Inside their little bubble, stargate is alive and well -- and nothing's wrong. They are completely blind to what goes on outside of that bubble. They convenient ignore all comments about "all-access expansion", conveniently ignore all mentions of "worldwide audience". It's a painful pattern and they're not making themselves very liked outside of that bubble.

It's a lot worse being ignored, then being told "we're working on it" -- ignoring is literally equal to "we don't care about you" so we're gonna pretend you don't exist and all our problems will go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X