Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are feeling brave, try Lexx
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

How about The Expanse? I’ve heard it’s pretty good.

Comment

The Expanse is fantastic. The books are amazing too.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It's on the list... as is Timeless, but I don't know if The Expanse is available on Netflix. It's Amazon Prime so I doubt it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If Amazon streams SG:U, then why does the SG:C still exist? I have a feeling the end is coming for the app even if they tried to show the opposite through WonderCon. Or maybe the Amazon just paid a nice fee to MGM what they couldn't resist. I try to not understand their marketing strategies as it is impossible.

Off. There was a scifi show in the 90s, where a space station was some kind of hospital for different alien races. I can simply not remember what was the name of the tv show, but I have doubt it had more than one season. Maybe I have seen 1-2 episodes. Anyone?
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

As for other shows to watch/rewatch: Quantum Leap, Sliders, Sanctuary, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Dark Matter, X-Files, Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, SeaQuest, Doctor Who, Xena, Hercules, Alien Nation, Alphas, First Wave, 3rd Rock from the Sun, TekWar, Firefly, Earth: Final Conflict, Andromeda, Mysterious Ways, Poltergeist: The Legacy, PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal and the list goes on.

IMDB Freedive has Quantum Leap, Warehouse 13, Heroes, Fringe, Lexx, Merlin (mini-series), and Caprica as well as some sci-fi and fantasy movies.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Off. There was a scifi show in the 90s, where a space station was some kind of hospital for different alien races. I can simply not remember what was the name of the tv show, but I have doubt it had more than one season. Maybe I have seen 1-2 episodes. Anyone?
              Could it be this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164097...m_flmg_act_102

I never saw the show but knew of it and remembered that Paul McGillion guested on it, so that's how I was able to find the title.
              Last edited by planet_tv; 03 April 2019, 03:42 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Thank you, I believe that is the one.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thank you, I believe that is the one.
                  You're welcome.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

If Amazon streams SG:U, then why does the SG:C still exist? I have a feeling the end is coming for the app even if they tried to show the opposite through WonderCon. Or maybe the Amazon just paid a nice fee to MGM what they couldn't resist. I try to not understand their marketing strategies as it is impossible.
                    I don't know what was said at Wondercon -- unless I missed a write-up somewhere -- but I did see someone tweeting that Amazon took Stargate Atlantis out of their catalogue just recently so they probably replaced it with SG:U and are rotating that license.

But both SG-1 and SGA are available on Hulu in the US. Not sure about SGU.

I guess living in a country with no stargate anywhere is easier, they're just on my DVD's.

Comment

Universe is on Hulu as well
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Farscape is indeed fun. Crichton is a weirdo, but a fun one.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Past Prologue: Five Questions A New Stargate Show Needs To Answer
                          https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...stargate-show/

It is a nice article, but it is purely speculative. We don't know anything. I doubt that BW will read this GW article what he should make a show about. Fans can't have any influence on it either. So what is the point of this article? It raises false hope again just for a few clicks.

I couldn't even understand why have they done the Netflix article. Business is more complex nowadays, so the decision makers won't read GW day by day. So it was also good for nothing, they just try to maintain the buzz while they act like an insider website. There was no official confirmation, no statement or press release. So I believe GW should not play with the emotions of the viewers as it doesn't feel right at this stage and after this long wait.

Comment

Past Prologue: Five Questions A New Stargate Show Needs To Answer
                            https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...stargate-show/

It is a nice article, but it is purely speculative. We don't know anything. I doubt that BW will read this GW article what he should make a show about. Fans can't have any influence on it either. So what is the point of this article? It raises false hope again just for a few clicks.

I couldn't even understand why have they done the Netflix article. Business is more complex nowadays, so the decision makers won't read GW day by day. So it was also good for nothing, they just try to maintain the buzz while they act like an insider website. There was no official confirmation, no statement or press release. So I believe GW should not play with the emotions of the viewers as it doesn't feel right at this stage and after this long wait.
                            While you raise very good points and I agree....the problem is that to keep to website traffic going, you need new content at a (near) regular schedule. So I suspect that they / GW will keep doing that. Also, I would be really happy for 30 episodes to continue the story of Stargate Universe. And that ends my two cents.
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The buzz of silence... I mean, what happened to the "superfans". Was there ever a report from that "superfan panel" Command buzzed about?

Cause all I hear are crickets... yet again.

Comment

FH: I have sent you a message on SG:C. Only SommerSDR has found me and she asked lots of question what is my opinion, how the app could gain new viewers etc. We had a nice and honest chit-chat about everything. She seems to be the best Superfan for us who is approachable and who is also available on the app. I have linked this thread for her, so maybe she will join us, but it looks like there are lots of restrictions what she can or can't talk about.

Noveltynerdorwhatever is just about her business, Stargate Guy still makes videos, Frazat is interested in concept arts, replicas and costumes. We don't know anything about the other six SuperFans, but I am guessing they are not allowed to talk about WonderCon. If anything interested happened at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X